Cold Spring voted worst Minnesota City to live in......

Mar 6, 2012 Full story: 15
A recent poll listed Cold Spring, MN the worst city to live in ranking it in the top ten. Reasons cited ranged from corrupt, inept and nepotistic police, A School Board that uses scare tactics by sending home false reports of budget issues with the students geared at influencing tax proposals and increases, horrible city maintenance and the sheer number of in-bred residents with developmental disorders. Full Story
Anonymous

Saint Cloud, MN

#1 Mar 13, 2012
"A recent poll" what pole?
Tyler

United States

#2 Mar 13, 2012
There is no nor will there ever be a poll that measures the amount of in-bred people in a city.
CSPD GET REAL

Sauk Centre, MN

#3 Mar 14, 2012
There doesn't need to be a pole to show how corrupt the City of Cold Spring can be. Everything thing stated above is 100% true and if you live in this town and can't see it then you are part of the problem. The police in this town are crooked, busting people with drugs and only turning in half of the weight they found taking cash and pocketing it. How do I know this? I have witnessed personal accounts of this, I am a police officer and did some ride alongs in there squad cars. The police on this force are a joke don't get me wrong you will get a few straight shooters every now and then but it is only a matter of time before they get "let go". I know for a fact one of the head police men on the force has been busted numerous times with drugs and using, and he ends up with suspensions? I dont know about you people but, I am one that does not think a drug addict should be in control of the K-9 unit. For god sakes he used to be head of the D.A.R.E. program, responsible for teaching our childern how to stay away from drugs! I think the city needs to step back and take a big big big look at the picture and realize that the town went from being a frontier town to a corrupt and crooked city stealing money from the towns people.
Tyler

Chicago, IL

#6 Mar 15, 2012
If you think that cold spring police are the only corrupt police force than your not a very good cop.. EVERY police force has corruption and you don't have to be a cop to know it.
Ken

United States

#7 Mar 17, 2012
A recent poll by whom. I find Cold Spring a rather nice place. The people are friendly, the businesses are good and the young people are outstanding.
Terry

Saint Cloud, MN

#8 Mar 19, 2012
This sounds more like sour grapes than an actual poll...
Joe

Saint Cloud, MN

#9 Mar 21, 2012
Here's my take on this. A recent poll of morons who got busted for drugs, shows they get upset and lash out on the internet.
John

Greenville, WI

#10 May 17, 2012
Boy is that the truth. I lived in that stupid town for a while. What a joke. Every r*tard in the country settled there.
ColdSpringGuy

Becker, MN

#12 Jul 3, 2012
I've been here for almost ten years. It seems like a typical small town. It's a great place to raise kids.
moose

Zumbrota, MN

#13 Dec 2, 2012
Those are from March--it is now December. The destructive force--the community destroying force of heroin should be just a leeetle bit easier to grasp now. It destroyed two cities completely in the fifties -- Detroit and New York -- they have never quite come back it almost got Chicago and now its been working it way in here. Its even destroyed complete civilizations. Welcome to the war on terror people--it is now just starting to get hot!! Remember though -- addictions can be beat, treatment and NA will help and people are NOT loosers just because they have a slight problem in life!! Good luck!
Granny

Saint Cloud, MN

#15 Feb 23, 2014
Our family has lived here for 11 years now and I agree that the police dept. has MANY issues for sure. There is a particular officer that we know for a fact...that is using drugs and corrupt.after the Tom Decker killing, I know some one in the city is hiding more then the public will ever know.
As far as incest is concerned, that's funny . That is like all the Johnson's and Smith's and so on in the Twin Cities are inbred. The town is a wonderful place to by. Many beautiful sites and people.There are many issues in the winter with county roads not being plowed and ice covered.
These are major roads that school buses travel with small children and it is very scary and unsafe.
FromAway

Livermore, ME

#16 Mar 9, 2014
I have a home in Cold Spring and the East Coast. Morons are morons, wherever you live. They are everywhere. Unfortunately by not giving more details of the survey, my suspicion is that this is just a disgruntled Cold Spring resident and I say - MOVE. Does the city have problems, Oh yeah! However, as I said above many, many small cities are faced with problems. It's how they solve them that should determine what kind of place it is to live in. Cold Spring could use new faces to shake up some of the "old regime", but it is not completely broken. To hell with the survey of 1.
retired policemam

United States

#17 Apr 7, 2014
Cold spring for years has been dirty, still is. Hopeful a new police chief can clean it up

“Alien Baby Boomers Surface!”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#19 May 18, 2014
It is unfortunate for the School age residents of Cold Spring that Chris Boucher was not fired many years ago, but has been groomed by the former (loser) Police Chief to step in despite literally thousands of complaints and valid accusations regarding his ability and character. My suggestion to any of you parents that want to preserve our quiet way of life is to take your children and flee. Pack now. Go and protect your children's future from the abuse of authority that has strangled Cold Spring for years. This will now only get worse...... if that is possible. - Eagle
SpartanTurnedAug gie

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Aug 13, 2014
Please, take my warning to heart. If you've never been to CS, you probably do not have the slightest clue about what goes on here. The police department, current Chief of Police, Chris Boucher, especially, has been corrupt for a fair number of years and will continue to. I've lived in CS for 15 years now (I'm a 19 year old college student). I graduated with honors, am currently a student athlete, and am attending a private school on an academic scholarship. I have no criminal history, work 5 days a week, 10 hours a day when not at school, and I proudly consider myself one of the most respectful people you will ever meet. This doesn't seem like the pedigree for a delinquent; yet I've been pulled over by CSPD on multiple occasions, by multiple different officers, for 'suspicious behavior' such as carpooling from the park-and-ride, then I'm forced to answer ridiculous questions for far too long on stops that are clearly not leading to a citation. I, along with most young people are followed on a regular basis, when driving(as far as St. Cloud before). As far as the school board goes, I have heard similar things, but lack of hard evidence causes me to stay out of that arena. I truly believe that the ROCORI School District is an incredible learning environment for children. The local lakes, golf courses, and walking trails are absolutely wonderful opportunities for adults. The smell of the brewery/golden plump are bad at times, but still do not detract half as much from such a beautiful city as CSPD does. I love this town, but unless there is a serious overhaul on the PD's staff, there is absolutely no chance that I would raise my family here. This truly hurts me to say because of the love I have for this area, but the problem is this real, and more people need to realize it. Sorry for the length, and thank you for your time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watkins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post Your Forum Here!!!!!111111 (Jun '10) Aug '14 Virtualtrades 2
Chris Boucher Police Chief???? Aug '14 Italian 2
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 848
Man In Cold Spring Arrested For 2009 Chicago Mu... May '14 TenderTink 1
The Ugliest Women In The Country live In Minnesota (Jun '09) May '14 Leonardo 34
Predator politicians, government offices, state... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Debra Matheny 1
MN Minnesota Primary Election August 10: Will you ... (Aug '10) Apr '12 kayla 16

Watkins Jobs

Watkins People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Watkins News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Watkins

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]