Safe after wild, woolly adventure

Safe after wild, woolly adventure

There are 2 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 15, 2007, titled Safe after wild, woolly adventure. In it, Newsday reports that:

Lucky Lady, the ear-tagged sheep corralled on the streets of the South Bronx, is expected to arrive today at an upstate farm sanctuary - a far happier destiny than becoming someone's dinner, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

CBunny

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jun 15, 2007
She'd be wlcome on my farm with my goaties, too.
Phil Ossifer

New York, NY

#2 Jun 15, 2007
Newsday wrote:
Officials hope the tale of Lucky Lady brings attention to the practices of slaughterhouses, just as Queenie's story did seven years ago, when there was public outcry to close the slaughterhouse from which she escaped.
Was there something wrong in particular with Lucky Lady's slaughterhouse, or is this a comment about raising consciousness as to slaughterhouses in general? Not clear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watkins Glen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Freedom Village USA (Oct '13) Jun '16 John 20
News Diabetes Alert Day: Get Your Health Assessed Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News James Hohmann: Is Trump a 'choke artist'? Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
Singles in the area Mar '16 14905ABC 2
catholic priest should be held accountable for ... (Jan '12) Aug '15 CorningBorn 3
News Strong Kids, Safe Kids set at Clute Park (Sep '08) Jun '14 Elizabeth H 5
News Man sentenced in Schuyler for failure to pay ch... (Oct '13) Oct '13 time is great 26

Watkins Glen Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Watkins Glen Mortgages