County considers tax hike

County considers tax hike

There are 1 comment on the The Waconia Patriot story from Aug 28, 2008, titled County considers tax hike. In it, The Waconia Patriot reports that:

Carver County residents have the first clue to how much their taxes could increase after the Carver County Board of Commissioners recently began discussing the 2009 preliminary property tax levy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Waconia Patriot.

laurie janning eickhoff

Kenyon, MN

#1 Oct 31, 2008
i believe with the value of housing going down somewhere 20-40% in this state our property taxes should be going down not up. in our neighborhood many of the house have been for sale for 1-2 years with no interest. the one across the street from me is for sale for $229,000 and has no offers. yet with that neighbor somehow my house which i paid $200,000 for is valued at $600,000 plus. our property taxes should try to be fair with what is really going on in this economy. please try to live within our means. thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Topix users... (Nov '15) Nov '15 ProxySaproling 1
News Rev. Marvin Palmquist (Jan '14) Jan '14 David Jansen 1
Local Politics House of Representatives -- Member Michele Bach... (Jun '11) Jun '11 purplepie 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '11 ex-pert 162
News Hallock woman among 4 arrested in South Dakota ... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Blah 1
News Chaska nonprofit's founder gets jail time for s... (Mar '11) Mar '11 blindman 15
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Minnesot... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Hunt 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Watertown Mortgages