Waterproof mayor jailed following con...

Waterproof mayor jailed following conviction

There are 18 comments on the Concordia Sentinel story from May 20, 2010, titled Waterproof mayor jailed following conviction. In it, Concordia Sentinel reports that:

Waterproof Mayor Bobby Higginbotham was jailed Wednesday following his conviction of malfeasance in office and felony theft.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Concordia Sentinel.

unknown

Calhoun, LA

#1 May 26, 2010
Justice is served thank you lord for getting this no good crook out of office he is getting what he had coming to him with his racist butt.
trying to help

Butler, MD

#2 Jun 4, 2010
unknown wrote:
Justice is served thank you lord for getting this no good crook out of office he is getting what he had coming to him with his racist butt.
Who ever investigated him and busted him needs to go to Bienville parish and do the same up there you talking about corruption and crooked stuff go up there and see that
the people

Perth, Australia

#3 Jun 4, 2010
Bobby Higginbotham
Thanks god this day finally come at lasts.
Bobby could'nt manager a out house if he was in charge of it.
his number one assist mayor Mrs W.should be in cell next to him a brain dead women.
Franky

Naugatuck, CT

#4 Jun 16, 2010
i thought your state police was also corrupt, this stupid guy from perth,australia doesn't know nothing about us specially louisianna, a corupt d'a brighing charges for coruption what a joke i gess this whole state is a joke of democracy. the indian gov must be proud
Malayisa man

Perth, Australia

#5 Jun 16, 2010
Bobby Higginbotham
How mean years will he get on sentence day.5 to 10 years
Bobby you must get him some pink pant to go with those pink lip. If he was a he/she he will be one now.
you are not above the law boy.
Shelly McClain

Atlanta, GA

#6 Jun 16, 2010
I am ashamed of the ignorant people who live in Waterproof. The Mayor is a good man and all he wanted was to improve the town. The charges are false and y'all know the history of the racial relationships in Waterproof. The D.A. and that wantabe Judge Crigler are both corrupt. The truth will definitely come out.
Town waterproof

Perth, Australia

#7 Jun 18, 2010
The people of waterproof would like for you let him keep your check book if you have one.Them you want be saying what a good man he is then.
Jeff

New Orleans, LA

#8 Jun 20, 2010
I have no personal knowlege of the corruption charges, and so won't opine on them, but a good man Higginbotham is not. He has abused his office to punish those he didn't like, and has tried to steal his neighbors' land even before he became mayor. Judge Crigler I have known for years; his reputation is sterling. Regarding your claim that he is corrupt, I'm unclear exactly how you belive either he or the DA would illegally profit from Higginbotham's removal. I would remind you that the Judge did not render the guilty verdict; a six man jury, white and black, unanimously returned it.

You also might want to remember that the "ignorant" people who live in Waterproof, overwhelmingly black, were glad to be rid of him as well. The town council (all black) was trying to get rid of him before he was convicted.

I realize the Harper Lee wrote a wonderful story, but before you use it as your guide to racial politics in the South, you might want to remember that it was just that; a story.
no name

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jun 21, 2010
the people wrote:
Bobby Higginbotham
his number one assist mayor Mrs W.should be in cell next to him a brain dead women.
and your mother need a seat also, and you.
no name

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Jun 21, 2010
Malayisa man wrote:
Bobby Higginbotham
How mean years will he get on sentence day.5 to 10 years
Bobby you must get him some pink pant to go with those pink lip. If he was a he/she he will be one now.
you are not above the law boy.
we are aware that you really know about those pink panties.
Observer

United States

#11 Jun 22, 2010
Shelly McClain wrote:
I am ashamed of the ignorant people who live in Waterproof. The Mayor is a good man and all he wanted was to improve the town. The charges are false and y'all know the history of the racial relationships in Waterproof. The D.A. and that wantabe Judge Crigler are both corrupt. The truth will definitely come out.
The truth has come out. Thank goodness. And Mayor Higginbotham's reign of terror has ended. He will face the justice of the courts, and then he will face God's justice. It will be more swift and with far less mercy. FYI, I don't know about the DA, but Judge John Crigler is one of the most honest people you will ever meet. It's obvious you don't know anything about this case or the key players involved.
California Girl

Bay City, MI

#12 Jun 23, 2010
the people wrote:
Bobby Higginbotham
I see you are aware of brain dead people since your mother were born brain dead, and you knows all about it, plus you were born brain dead and stupid, yes I know who you are and it's not the people.
cowboy

Pineville, LA

#13 Jul 22, 2010
Will the dark cloud ever pass over Waterproof.
The B------- is in jail and still wants to be mayor of the town.
Waterproof has had all the bad luck the poor town can stand in less than four years.
I hope the angels are looking down on Waterpoof on sentence day the D>A and Judge and move this cloud away/
And let the sun shine again.
him

San Antonio, TX

#14 Aug 22, 2010
Waterpoof is gonna be ok as long as they got Bud Evans there, maybe if yall vote for him to be mayor next time !
John Allen

Dayton, OH

#15 Mar 2, 2011
him wrote:
Waterpoof is gonna be ok as long as they got Bud Evans there, maybe if yall vote for him to be mayor next time !
Is Bud white or black, and what are you??
Montgomery

Las Vegas, NV

#16 Mar 12, 2011
I think that it's sad that for so long whites have discriminated against blacks, you have enslaved us, murdered, and raped us, wanted us to stay ignorant. But wrong is wrong, does not matter whether you're black or white, if the ex-mayor is corrupt, then he should repent, and serve his time. All to often blacks get into power, and forget about the people who elected them, and most importantly forget God.Some of our so-called black leaders are just as harmful to our race, and the nearest member of the kkk. Why is it that blacks are 12 percent of the national population, but our women have 44% of all abortions in this country, why is it that Hispanics can claim the 14th amendment to the constitution ,and no blacks; Jessy Jackson, or Al sharpton is saying Nothing. Our problem is not white people, it's sin, corruption, and hate for our own lives, the innocent unborn. I am sick of Crooked politicians whether they are black white, brown, green, or what ever.
Daniel

New York, NY

#17 Mar 20, 2011
None of you are even in Louisiana...
Eagle Nest Road

Columbus, GA

#18 May 9, 2011
To reply to this, the town council accepted a $250 pay increase from the man so what do that make them (CROOKS). So they sing for whoever will butter their bread and I know all of them if not most of them.
Jeff wrote:
I have no personal knowlege of the corruption charges, and so won't opine on them, but a good man Higginbotham is not. He has abused his office to punish those he didn't like, and has tried to steal his neighbors' land even before he became mayor. Judge Crigler I have known for years; his reputation is sterling. Regarding your claim that he is corrupt, I'm unclear exactly how you belive either he or the DA would illegally profit from Higginbotham's removal. I would remind you that the Judge did not render the guilty verdict; a six man jury, white and black, unanimously returned it.
You also might want to remember that the "ignorant" people who live in Waterproof, overwhelmingly black, were glad to be rid of him as well. The town council (all black) was trying to get rid of him before he was convicted.
I realize the Harper Lee wrote a wonderful story, but before you use it as your guide to racial politics in the South, you might want to remember that it was just that; a story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waterproof Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sicily Island Music Selection (Sep '12) Jul '17 Musikologist 17
life (Nov '16) Nov '16 pablo 1
Debate: Soft Drink Names - Ferriday, LA (Aug '11) Jan '16 julie 3
News Vidalia man faces sentencing June 10 on child p... (Mar '13) Oct '15 Jep 4
Jeri Briggs (Sep '15) Oct '15 happy 2 5
News Couple, 67 and 63, plead to VA benefits theft, ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Hank 1
News 14 jailed in Tensas Parish drug sting (Sep '07) Jul '14 sky 5

Waterproof Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waterproof Mortgages