Three Bodies Pulled From Lake Near Wa...

Three Bodies Pulled From Lake Near Waterloo, IL Early Saturday

There are 89 comments on the Fox2Now story from Feb 20, 2010, titled Three Bodies Pulled From Lake Near Waterloo, IL Early Saturday. In it, Fox2Now reports that:

Three bodies were pulled from a lake near Waterloo, IL early Saturday morning. The St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox2Now.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
waterloo mom

Columbia, IL

#1 Feb 20, 2010
my heart breaks for the families. what an awful tragedy. i'll be praying for them.
JJHenleyMo-

Springfield, MO

#2 Feb 20, 2010
May God be with all of these family members during this tragic time. Only God's strength can get them through these horrible times. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
prayertoyouall

Arnold, MO

#4 Feb 20, 2010
was this baxmeyer from baxmeyer construction?
Amazed

Waterloo, IL

#5 Feb 20, 2010
Yes, John's wife Kathy.
prayertoyouall

Arnold, MO

#6 Feb 20, 2010
My prayers to you all.
Very sad

Waterloo, IL

#9 Feb 20, 2010
Was is Kathy's maiden name?
in shock

Waterloo, IL

#11 Feb 20, 2010
Her maiden name was Kohler
Steve

Waterloo, IL

#13 Feb 20, 2010
My daughter went to church with Kadin and his brother. She has been very upset after hearing this news. Our family will keep your families in our thoughts and prayers. This is a horrible story and brings tears to my eyes to read this.
Lori

Cairo, Egypt

#15 Feb 20, 2010
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends..my sister in law has been great friends with her for a few years..Kathy was a strong Christian, it's just so hard to believe..I have the most beautiful pictures of such a serene lake...how can that turn so tragic?
Karla J Lindhorst

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Feb 20, 2010
Eric people who are in pain beyond imagination will read this at a time when their life is upside down. Kathy was a person who would help anyone.
She had such a strong faith, and would never say such a cruel thing as you did. PLEASE have respect at a time like this. Children have been lost here. And just so everybody has this straight EVERYONE no matter who you are makes mistakes.
puzzler

Trenton, IL

#17 Feb 20, 2010
My thoughts do go out to the families but if your god is so all powerful and loving, why did he wipe out John's entire family in an instance? And he is supposed to give you the strenght to endure the rest of your life of the loss of your wife and child? Yeah, I can feel the love god had for them that day! He sounds pretty cruel to me.
Just Me

Ballwin, MO

#18 Feb 20, 2010
This is as difficult as it gets. My thoughts and best regards to the families.
fireman

Chesterfield, MO

#19 Feb 20, 2010
i feel sorry for the emergence responders who had to get up in the middle of the night to go out and spend time in the water. It must of been very cold in the water for them and my hart goes out to the families of the lost loved ones
waterloo

Waterloo, IL

#22 Feb 20, 2010
i feel really bad for the families my son just got grounded for being on our lake kids are at school talking about riding 4 wheelers on the ice i will not i repeat will not let my kids out side when there is ice out
waterloo

Waterloo, IL

#23 Feb 20, 2010
it has been like that since my son fell in half way
Smithton Girl

Belleville, IL

#25 Feb 20, 2010
This is very sad.... Kadin's brother and Kathy's son Keegan is a grade lower than me and it must be very hard for him... i know he wont be at school for a while, but until then im making him a card
Hug your children today

Waterloo, IL

#26 Feb 20, 2010
Riding 4 wheelers on a frozen lake is not the problem if the ice is thick enough. The ice has not been that thick for at least a month. There is hardly any ice at all on the lakes right now. These poor kids probably thought it would hold them. If the ice was a half inch thick I would be suprised. Kathy probably wasn't letting them walk on the ice.
sonya horton

Talladega, AL

#29 Feb 20, 2010
One of the children is a relitive of mine. And I really wish Eric would reveal himself. First time ever I wanna lynch somebody and I'm in Alabama. Go figure....Im not racist but ppl like him could push me to that point.
why sure

Waterloo, IL

#31 Feb 20, 2010
Hug your children today wrote:
Riding 4 wheelers on a frozen lake is not the problem if the ice is thick enough. The ice has not been that thick for at least a month. There is hardly any ice at all on the lakes right now. These poor kids probably thought it would hold them. If the ice was a half inch thick I would be suprised. Kathy probably wasn't letting them walk on the ice.
One thing to remember just because is 2 inches thick where you are at dosn t mean that is the thickness through out. If the lake is spring fed that can affect thickness if a stream goes through it that affects it.Ice in jan 2010 was most likly the thickest it has been in years. Ice needs respect. Please don t ask why they were let on the ice, we have all and i mean all have done something that we got by with and survived. Public awareness needs to be tought in the fall and winter about ice.Also be aware family pets can do the same thing don t try to rescue call 911 they will send you assistance. Please pray for all the families and be with your children and loved ones life can end just going to the movies.
Mr_Wizard

United States

#34 Feb 20, 2010
I'm guessing the kids went out on the ice and fell through and the mom died trying to save them. Am I right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waterloo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Waterloo Racist 3 hr killagorilla 11
grandparents taking care of grandkids 17 hr Lmao 4
Schorr Lake Fire Chickens and Wine 19 hr John Doe 6
Wayne's One Stop (Jan '10) 19 hr John Doe 29
Good Roofing Contractor (Apr '14) Mon Regina Peterson 30
I pay cash for your unwanted appliances!!!!! & ... (May '12) Aug 29 Kathi coleman 178
neighbors wife Aug 25 killagorilla 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waterloo Mortgages