HTC How Do I Dump?

Posted in the Waterloo Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 13, 2010
 
How can I get direct tv and computer service in Waterloo without having HTC monopoly which is an extra $70 mo for no reason that I could be spending on my cell bill? It seems illegal that I don't have a choice.
Word

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 14, 2010
 
Hey wrote:
How can I get direct tv and computer service in Waterloo without having HTC monopoly which is an extra $70 mo for no reason that I could be spending on my cell bill? It seems illegal that I don't have a choice.
I agree with you 100%! It's terrible that our choices are so limited. We have Dish Network (which I hate since they don't carry NHL) and Charter is available here, I think? Charter is a rip off as well. I would like to have ATT so we could have IP phone and Uverse.
Uniquenewyork

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 14, 2010
 
Att uverse rocks
HTC Great

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 14, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

I think HTC does a great job. Its a Waterloo owned. A big plus... If you new people don't like it MOVE OUT of here
a-non is a jerk

Leawood, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

HTC Sucks. For years they were sooooo behind and didnt offer ISDN while the rest of the country had it. Then they suddenly got DSL and touted it all over. The problem was for the past 5 years they were one of the only spots in the country that didnt have high speed access. Since they are a monopoly they screwed their customers by not giving them a service they deserved. Everything was the old dial up access only. Thats not a great company. Locally owned or not :(
Tech

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

HTC Great wrote:
I think HTC does a great job. Its a Waterloo owned. A big plus... If you new people don't like it MOVE OUT of here
You are obviously not technically inclined. If you were and technology was important to you, you would want choices also. I do not believe this topix is just for unhappy new people, I have always lived here and HTC's lack of technology advancements is very disappointing to me. I understand if they do not have the means or know how, but at least allow others in to fulfill the needs of the community. Competition is a great thing for everyone, including HTC. Without any, HTC does not have to be on the cutting edge and those that do care suffer.

Your lame move out of town answer shows you are challenged intellectually. There is much more to the HTC monopoly.
paul blart

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

HTC sucks balls. You can get Dish Network or Direct Tv and then Hughes Net for internet service. It's slower than what HTC offers but at least it's not HTC.

And "HTC Great" you are a complete ....insert any insult on your intelligence.... for connecting a persons like for phone/tv service with being welcome to live here. I actually prefer that you "MOVE OUT" because your attitude is poisonous and I have a low tolerance for stupid people.:)
What

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 15, 2010
 
Tech wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously not technically inclined. If you were and technology was important to you, you would want choices also. I do not believe this topix is just for unhappy new people, I have always lived here and HTC's lack of technology advancements is very disappointing to me. I understand if they do not have the means or know how, but at least allow others in to fulfill the needs of the community. Competition is a great thing for everyone, including HTC. Without any, HTC does not have to be on the cutting edge and those that do care suffer.
Your lame move out of town answer shows you are challenged intellectually. There is much more to the HTC monopoly.
What does HTC not offer that makes you say they are lacking advancement? I have all my services through them and they work. Can't think of anything i need that the don't have.
Dbags

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

How is HTC a monopoly? HTC doesn't have a monopoly over ANYTHING in this area. Anyone that thinks they do is a moron. If you don't want HTC phone service then get Charter or Mediacom. If you don't want HTC internet then get Charter, Wild Blue, Hughesnet, an air card through Verizon / AT&T / Sprint / Cricket etc... If you don't want their TV services then get Charter, Dish, Direct TV (not from HTC from the corporate solution instead). Everyone complains U-verse isn't here because of HTC's "monopoly". That's major BS. At&t can put their services here if they choose to and they choose NOT to do so. Maybe it's something they plan on doing in the future, maybe not. I could honestly care less because I have all of my services through HTC and I never have a problem. I'm tired of the whiners the complainers and the douchebags on here who say HTC is a monopoly. A monopoly means HTC controls everything which they obviously dont. If you don't want HTC switch providers and stop your complaining.
Info

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

If you have dish that takes care of your tv. Cell phone companies are able to provide you with a wireless card. It's great. It's about the size of a credit card and the best thing is it is completely portable - at home, in your car - and can support multiple computers for your internet.

I agree, HTC is a monopoly and it's ridiculous. There are other options. Check with your local satellite companies (if you live in the country you cannot get Charter) and your cell phone companies and you can get rid of HTC.
For you info

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Info wrote:
If you have dish that takes care of your tv. Cell phone companies are able to provide you with a wireless card. It's great. It's about the size of a credit card and the best thing is it is completely portable - at home, in your car - and can support multiple computers for your internet.
I agree, HTC is a monopoly and it's ridiculous. There are other options. Check with your local satellite companies (if you live in the country you cannot get Charter) and your cell phone companies and you can get rid of HTC.
Info you make no sense. A monopoly means there are no options, yet you just listed alternatives for every service. How are they a monopoly again?
Dbags

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Okay so Info says if you have Dish that takes care of your TV then you can get an Aircard from a wireless provider for your internet service... So in what way does this make HTC a monopoly? Please explain.
Info

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 15, 2010
 

Judged:

2

From a local lan line point of view they have a monopoly and on long distance from your lan line. It has always been this way in Waterloo. Use your brains. No one is talking about cell phones. Good grief.
Dbags

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Definition of Monopoly:

A situation, by legal privilege or other agreement, in which solely one party (company, cartel etc.) exclusively provides a particular product or service, dominating that market and generally exerting powerful control over it.

This does not describe HTC. There are several parties that sell products and services in this area other than HTC. Therefore HTC by definition is not a monopoly. Am I the only one here who isn't completely mental and can comprehend this? Please tell me there is one person in Monroe County that understands this.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

While "dbags" is correct that htc is not a monopoly(anyone wanting to use their lines is required to be allowed to do so, but because they installed and own them they have the right to be paid, which makes it financially unfeasable due to the low number of clients available to offset usage fees and becompetetive), they DO operate like one. Their fees are higher for installation and sevice, parts sales and such, to the extent I refuse to do business with them. What most companies give you in an average install they charge extra for. Same at upgrade time. The only good thing they offer is cheap long distance.
Dbags

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Just out of pure curiosity I initiated an online chat with a Charter rep today. Keep in mind this is the kind of service you can expect from Charter. Automated answers, people from foreign countries who speak very little English, morons etc... Basically the type of service you'd never receive from HTC. Here we have a Charter rep confirming what I said before. HTC does not control the area. Charter can lay cable here anytime it wants, they choose not to do so because of cost. The same thing applies to U-Verse and any other crap service you all want.

Thank you for choosing Charter Chat Live! A Customer Care representative from Sales Support will be with you shortly.
You have been connected to DAC Wendy.

John Reid: Hello

DAC Wendy : Thank you for contacting Charter Communications Online Sales where we offer the best value in Digital Cable, Internet and Telephone! My name is Wendy, how may I assist you today?

John Reid: If I live in Waterloo Illinois can I use Charter as my long distance telephone provider or do I have to use Harrisonville Telephone Company?

DAC Wendy : Thank you, John. I'll be happy to assist you. In order to take care of you today, I will need to gather some basic information regarding your current request. May I ask you a few questions?

John Reid: yes you can

DAC Wendy : Once again, my name is Wendy. May I confirm that yours is John Reid?

John Reid: yes it is

DAC Wendy : Thank you, John. I'll be happy to assist you. In order to take care of you today, I will need to gather some basic information regarding your current account. May I ask you a few questions?

John Reid: YES... YOU... CAN...

DAC Wendy : Thanks John! First off, I am going to need to verify your address including the zip code.

John Reid:*REMOVED FOR OBVIOUS REASONS*

DAC Wendy : Thank you. One moment while I look up the address.

DAC Wendy : Can you please verify your security code? It is located on the top right corner of your bill.

John Reid: I don't have a bill... I'm just wanting to know if Charter Telephone service with long distance is available in Waterloo IL or if I have to use Harrisonville Telephone Company instead due to them being a "monopoly"

*about ten minutes later*

John Reid: Hello?

DAC Wendy : I'm sorry for the delay

John Reid: Thats okay Wendy, I know you're trying hard.

DAC Wendy : I show that you are not serviceable for phone, I do apologize.

John Reid: Is there any reason why?

John Reid: Is it because Harrisonville Telephone Company has control over the land? Or does Charter simply not wish to provide those services in this area?

DAC Wendy : I'm sorry, it would be because of the lines and not being able to receive phone service through them.

John Reid: can you better explain that? Sorry for being so stupid.

DAC Wendy : No, you're not stupid, I'm sorry about that. Yes, It could be because the line that is not able to receive those services, and might need new cables, but prices to lay down cables would be to high so it is not offered, and also maybe because it can receive new cables. It could be different reasons, I'm sorry.

John Reid: Ohhh okay so in other words if Charter wanted to come into the area and install new cables then the service would then be available in this area. It's not because of a Monopoly by the local provider?

DAC Wendy : Yes that is correct.

*I closed the chat at this point*
paul blart

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I have always thought the "get a life" comment was one of the most dumb, sophomoric, and socially misplaced comment that could be posted on this ridiculous website. However it has finally found a place. Congratulations Dbags (which you clearly are the biggest one) you actually need to get a life.
dbags

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Sorry for proving you wrong paul blart. Way to be a fan of a shitty movie by the way.
paul blart

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

How did you prove me wrong? I never made any statements about HTC being a monopoly. All I did was to comment on your obsession with with the HTC monopoly thing.

and... ok I'll bite. What movie are you referring to?
baffled

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 15, 2010
 
paul blart wrote:
.. ok I'll bite. What movie are you referring to?
are you.......serious?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Waterloo Forum right now

Search the Waterloo Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min truth 47,155
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Jim 6,540
Hecker suicide? 6 hr wondering 1
Helping Hands (Sep '13) 8 hr monya riester 29
How rude!!! Papa Vitos (May '11) 12 hr Jerry is a drunk 146
I Love First Baptist Church of Waterloo!!!! (Jan '12) 16 hr Great Memories 24
motorcycle Mon casual rider 11
•••
•••
•••
Waterloo Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Waterloo Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Waterloo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••