what was that? a parade you say?

what was that? a parade you say?

Posted in the Waterloo Forum

oh brother

Columbia, IL

#1 Nov 29, 2012
spent the night in the cold waiting for a lighted parade in downtown waterloo. TWO floats! How lame was that!! What is this stupid group GREAT LADIES about? What makes them so gr3eat.they can't even put on a parade. My kids were disappointed because they didn't even have candy! stop trying to be like columbia and red bud. you'll never make it.
618 Always

Waterloo, IL

#2 Nov 29, 2012
oh brother wrote:
spent the night in the cold waiting for a lighted parade in downtown waterloo. TWO floats! How lame was that!! What is this stupid group GREAT LADIES about? What makes them so gr3eat.they can't even put on a parade. My kids were disappointed because they didn't even have candy! stop trying to be like columbia and red bud. you'll never make it.
... if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Maybe next year you could put on the parade and do a "better" job.
kinky

United States

#3 Nov 29, 2012
We could have floats with naked woman poll dancing and a couple of donkey shows. Why heck we could have float with the woman's club pulling a train down Main Street
take your advice

Waterloo, IL

#4 Nov 29, 2012
618 Always wrote:
<quoted text>
... if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Maybe next year you could put on the parade and do a "better" job.
... if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

No way

Columbia, IL

#5 Nov 29, 2012
U must be one of those worthless great ladies or whatever the helk u call yourselves. Gettin defensive over wastin people's time. You should be!!
618 Always wrote:
<quoted text>
... if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Maybe next year you could put on the parade and do a "better" job.
618 Always

Waterloo, IL

#6 Nov 30, 2012
No way wrote:
U must be one of those worthless great ladies or whatever the helk u call yourselves. Gettin defensive over wastin people's time. You should be!!
<quoted text>
Actually I had nothing to do with the parade. But wasted time? You choose to take your children to a parade that was free. Was it wasted time because your kids didn't score free candy? What kind of holiday spirit you must have. You should just enjoy things for what they are, not bash them for what you believe they should be.

Do you honestly believe the only person that would be willing to defend them, is themselves?

If anyone's time was wasted, it was the "great ladies" trying to put on a parade for people to nit pick and complain about on Topix (mainly just you.)
take your own advice

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Nov 30, 2012
618 Always wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I had nothing to do with the parade. But wasted time? You choose to take your children to a parade that was free. Was it wasted time because your kids didn't score free candy? What kind of holiday spirit you must have. You should just enjoy things for what they are, not bash them for what you believe they should be.
Do you honestly believe the only person that would be willing to defend them, is themselves?
If anyone's time was wasted, it was the "great ladies" trying to put on a parade for people to nit pick and complain about on Topix (mainly just you.)
....if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Squirrel42

United States

#8 Nov 30, 2012
Get a life!want candy for your kids go buy them sum.
Seriously

Columbia, IL

#9 Dec 1, 2012
Squirrel42 wrote:
Get a life!want candy for your kids go buy them sum.
No we wanted our kids to see a christmas parade. The candy was a bonus. All kids look forward to getting candy at a parade even if they have a truckload at home! The parade itself was a huge let down.
Toot toot

Columbia, IL

#10 Dec 1, 2012
take your own advice wrote:
<quoted text>
....if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Words from a "great lady of Waterloo" you must be the smartest of them all!! Ha ha ha.
enjoyed

Waterloo, IL

#11 Dec 1, 2012
I for one enjoyed the parade very much!
honestly

Waterloo, IL

#12 Dec 1, 2012
enjoyed wrote:
I for one enjoyed the parade very much!
I for one thought the parade was a huge success. It's awesome to see and hear about people volunteering their own time to help grow our community. Especially during the holidays, when life is already so busy. I look forward to seeing the parade next year. I am sure it will only get better with time. Great job Great Ladies of Waterloo. I appreciate what you are trying to do for our city. Keep up the great work.
Waterloo citizen

Saunemin, IL

#13 Dec 1, 2012
honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
I for one thought the parade was a huge success. It's awesome to see and hear about people volunteering their own time to help grow our community. Especially during the holidays, when life is already so busy. I look forward to seeing the parade next year. I am sure it will only get better with time. Great job Great Ladies of Waterloo. I appreciate what you are trying to do for our city. Keep up the great work.
It freakin sucked a$$. All those women are b!tches and they know it. The club name should be changed to Giant Lesbos of Waterhole
Squirrel42

United States

#14 Dec 1, 2012
Maybe your name should be loser always wanting a hand out. Those ladies did a great job. Stay home next year!
seriously

Waterloo, IL

#15 Dec 3, 2012
They call themselves ladies? The one who organized the flop is the crassest, most foul mouthed, egotistic, rude, offensive, "lady" I have ever met.

parades

Waterloo, IL

#16 Dec 3, 2012
First year is always tough for a parade. Columbia's is growing every year. Good luck with your GLOW
waterloo res

United States

#17 Dec 3, 2012
It's a free parade put on by people who volunteered their time and bought candy to give out. My daughters Scout troop sold hot chocolate at the event and the girls had a blast, there were over 20 entries in the parade, not bad for its first year. There WAS candy handed out, my kids got some. We will be back next year, Great job ladies of GLOW, I for one appreciate your efforts.
Waterloo Resident

Waterloo, IL

#18 Dec 3, 2012
I for one thought the parade was fantastic. Thank you for your efforts GLOW ladies!
Millstadt 69

Millstadt, IL

#19 Dec 3, 2012
I love a parade with dancing elephants, bearded ladies, circus frieks, clowns, cotton candy, the whole works. Maybe next year the GLOW ladies could grow beards, and wear skimpy costumes to show their stuff. They could probably get some nice obese folks instead of elephants. Some people from East St Louis could be rented to be displayed as the "Wild People Of Borneo". Now that would be a Christmas Parade.
Waterloo

United States

#20 Dec 4, 2012
waterloo res wrote:
It's a free parade put on by people who volunteered their time and bought candy to give out. My daughters Scout troop sold hot chocolate at the event and the girls had a blast, there were over 20 entries in the parade, not bad for its first year. There WAS candy handed out, my kids got some. We will be back next year, Great job ladies of GLOW, I for one appreciate your efforts.
The girks were so sweet! The hot chocolate was wonderful...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waterloo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Open Challenge at 457 Godin 2 hr Take out the trash 5
New Recliner 6 hr Tired of Richard... 9
MILF hangout 9 hr The Don 4
Dr. Gupta (Jul '10) Sun Little bit 128
Police out by Dennys Feb 16 Bill 5
Kipp's Candies (Mar '09) Feb 14 Jan 15
Cyber bullies in Waterloo Feb 14 Mike Wilson 9

Waterloo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waterloo Mortgages