Haunted Places
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Haunted

Waterloo, IL

#1 Jul 14, 2011
I've heard from several people that the Peterstown House is haunted. Kind of neat, but that makes me wonder, what other places in Waterloo are "haunted."
Been There

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jul 15, 2011
Haunted wrote:
I've heard from several people that the Peterstown House is haunted. Kind of neat, but that makes me wonder, what other places in Waterloo are "haunted."

Big house past Foster Pond
resident

Dallas, TX

#3 Jul 15, 2011
The school administration building that used to be the library.
spooky

Waterloo, IL

#4 Jul 15, 2011
last summer i was walking my dog past the old nursing home and heard some noises from inside and felt like somebody was watching me. it was really creepy. they are tearing it down now,so i guess we will never know if it was haunted,lol.
the home

United States

#5 Jul 15, 2011
I wouldn't doubt if the nursing home was haunted, do you have any idea how many people died there....
I know some of the nurses used to do little supersticious things they thought might help the soul go where it was supposed to but who knows...
Ghost

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jul 15, 2011
The old Hartman House on 4th Street near the schools...it's probably the most "famous" haunted house in Waterloo.
huh

United States

#7 Jul 15, 2011
Which one is the old Hartman house? Is it the one off the road a little that always has the car with foreign plates on it?
creepy

United States

#8 Jul 15, 2011
The blue house about four houses down from peterstown house.
creepy

United States

#9 Jul 15, 2011
huh wrote:
Which one is the old Hartman house? Is it the one off the road a little that always has the car with foreign plates on it?
thats it!
Ghost

Waterloo, IL

#10 Jul 16, 2011
huh wrote:
Yes, that's the old Hartman house. I know the people who used to live there when they were kids, back in 60s and 70s. I've been there a couple times and there is something "not right" with that house.
warushkw

Chicago, IL

#11 Jul 16, 2011
Old farm on Sutterville rd in fults. Creepy n bad vibes. Bad soles lived there.
pffft

United States

#12 Jul 16, 2011
People with bad feet?
warushkw

Dallas, TX

#13 Jul 16, 2011
Yes bad bad feet. Lol. Souls.
woww

Waterloo, IL

#14 Jul 17, 2011
I have a ghost in my house!! I had a "ghost hunter" come in! My ghost is friendly, but mischeivious! She (yes we have seen her!!) likes to come out at 3:00 am! She will turn on the tv, make the smoke detectors beep, open cabinents and doors, make loud noises, and hide things! Her family lived on the land where my house was built. They were settlers who were killed on the land.

We used to get really scared when things happened, but have learned to "talk" to her and she will quiet down.
meeeee

United States

#15 Sep 30, 2011
I love a good ghost story, anyone else?
where

United States

#16 Oct 6, 2011
Where Is this house at?
Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's the old Hartman house. I know the people who used to live there when they were kids, back in 60s and 70s. I've been there a couple times and there is something "not right" with that house.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#17 Oct 6, 2011
I hear that the old school that is now apartments in new athens is haunted...is it true? I was told by a reliable source.
Tanner

Sevierville, TN

#18 Feb 3, 2014
Ghost wrote:
The old Hartman House on 4th Street near the schools...it's probably the most "famous" haunted house in Waterloo.
Funny... I grew up playing in this house - my grandfather was a Hartman. Never saw a ghost :)
ohhh

Millstadt, IL

#19 Feb 4, 2014
The house at the corner of park and church. Its now apartments. Used to be a drs house in the 20's when it was built. The basement floors are mostly gravel and creepy. Ive known a lot of people that have lived there and have had experiences, some of which i have witnessed. Also back in the creek in konarcik park where twila was killed... i always hear and see things back there. Ive taken several pictures of where they found her, and each of them have a big dark blob right where her body was.
Insight

Ballwin, MO

#20 Feb 4, 2014
ohhh wrote:
The house at the corner of park and church. Its now apartments. Used to be a drs house in the 20's when it was built. The basement floors are mostly gravel and creepy. Ive known a lot of people that have lived there and have had experiences, some of which i have witnessed. Also back in the creek in konarcik park where twila was killed... i always hear and see things back there. Ive taken several pictures of where they found her, and each of them have a big dark blob right where her body was.
The house at Park and Church was Dr. Adelsbergers house and is was built in the 1880-90s era. In the 1970s a guy named Crook if I recall correctly found a baby in a formaldehyde jar in the basement behind some lumber. It was very old and a stillborn most likely. The picture of the fetus in the comtainer was on the front page of the paper unbelievably. It would not surprise me if that place was haunted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waterloo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who gives the beat bj's in town 2 hr Suggestion 14
Estate Sales Coming UP 2 hr Thanks 17
Hopskeller Gallagher Trash 12 hr Local is a chump 11
audra buckley ex nurse soon drug addict Fri Jasper 2
asianwomanwanted Fri Fatty 4
Skatepark Actiion Fri Mind your own 32
whats the story on captain berry these days? Fri THE CONCERN PERSON 1

Waterloo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance