Whats going on at Studio J...is it cl...
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Go me

Belleville, IL

#69 Jan 17, 2013
I'm not a stylist that works there. But I'm someone who went their all the time and was very close with the girls that left!!
hmmm

Saint Louis, MO

#70 Jan 17, 2013
Go me wrote:
I'm not a stylist that works there. But I'm someone who went their all the time and was very close with the girls that left!!
you must know one of the current workers if you know about the christmas party then
loyal client

Millstadt, IL

#71 Jan 19, 2013
I have been going to Brie since i started going to the salon. Keep that girl around! She has always gotten my hair exactly how i want it every time. Keep up the good work Christy!
true colors

Waterloo, IL

#72 Jan 20, 2013
From here wrote:
The owner is one of the nicest people you would ever meet! There is not a word of truth to it that she's a bitch. She never has been, and never will be, because that's not how she's wired. All the negative posts are either from former employees who didn't work out, or disgruntled customers who Jesus himself couldn't please! Sometimes you must cut bait from all humans such as these idiots!
I disagree 100% that the owner is a nice person. I do not know anyone that has worked there so my view of her is strictly as a client. I went there twice over a year ago and will never go back due to her gossip and backstabbing of her current employees. She is extremely unprofessional. both visits she was speaking to the receptionist negatively about some of her stylists, loud enough for me to hear. the things she was saying were evil. Also, during both visits she was arguing with a stylist. This behavior is not acceptable in front of clients. I concluded that she is a disrespectful drama queen. I feel bad for anyone that has worked for her. She's totally fake and it is very easy to see through her "kindness". She needs to do some serious, deep self reflection.
Go me

Belleville, IL

#73 Jan 20, 2013
Brie is my favorite
Go me

Belleville, IL

#74 Jan 20, 2013
True colors.. You rocked it. Thank god their aren't that many looney birds out there that consider that mad woman a nice person!! She's a nut.
hmm

Waterloo, IL

#75 Jan 21, 2013
screwem wrote:
i say fuggem all, those silly salons, and go to ms middys tan and salon! 111 main st..... everyone who is anyone should go there and check it out under new ownership.:)
I wonder which one of the owners of Ms Middys posted this
Aunt Bea

Columbia, IL

#76 Jan 23, 2013
Go me wrote:
And the receptionist??..... They were fired for awful reasons. Some had families they were caring for with those pay checks, and when they are fired all of a sudden for a horrible reason ( and are caught off guard) and then they try filing for unemployment and she writes this huge letter full of hateful things and lies about the person to get out of paying is absolutely absurd. You may know her personally.. Out side of a work environment but she is a horrible owner/boss. She owes several people apologies... She even just recently trashed talked all her former employees at her recent Christmas party with the girls she has now.. Which to me is uncalled for. Give it up.
Such is the work ethics in the beauty industry! It's often happens the same way in child centers, retail stores and places where gossip runs rampant and employees aren't valued as a vital element of the business. I speak from experience. The owner of a day care center in St Clair Co. Made me fire all the fine ladies I hired and whom we all worked our butts off to clear and restore the building that their business has been located in for the past twelve years. When I have to go thru the hassle of finding new staff, she decides to fire me too! Why? So she won't have to give me two weeks vacation with pay, She started dumping my staff when they asked for a raise and by my backing them, she stabs me! People who work in the county need to party outside the county! Too many ears to hear and bring to this site. Just saying that this crap of not appreciating the employees is bad karma and I don't care who is the owner, you will run off clients when news gets out!
cards fan

Waterloo, IL

#77 Mar 5, 2013
my buddy and his wife runs it now she worked there before they got it
the Loo

United States

#78 Mar 6, 2013
Are you talking about Mrs Middys or Studio J
ASB

Belleville, IL

#79 Nov 24, 2014
Cessie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well jiggys, it is fair the owner has to absorb every other expense AND pay a commission?? Come on folks - a little less money is better than NO money - don't be so greedy stylists! I know Studio J treats their employees THE BEST! I worked there!! And you couldn't have chosen a WORSE place to go (Headquarters????)- that owner is meaner than a junk yard dog!! And I wouldn't take my DOG to Headquarters!!
I used to work there as well and was not impressed with the owner. Mood swings and very judgmental.
ho hum

Waterloo, IL

#80 Dec 1, 2014
There are better places to go
Better

Arnold, MO

#81 Dec 2, 2014
They have a new owner and new name now. The person that used to own it is no longer there.
who

Waterloo, IL

#82 Dec 2, 2014
Who are the new hairdressers?
Better

Arnold, MO

#83 Dec 8, 2014
same great stylists!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waterloo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wanting to buy MOUND CITY BEER Brewery items fr... (Apr '10) 17 hr Buyer 28
kkhhmmm Sat What 1
real estate Sat Laughing out loud 6
Open Challenge at 457 Godin Fri Trucker 3
Police out by Dennys Feb 16 Bill 5
Kipp's Candies (Mar '09) Feb 14 Jan 15
Cyber bullies in Waterloo Feb 14 Mike Wilson 9

Waterloo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance