Whats going on at Studio J...is it cl...
Sooooo over Studio J

Saint Louis, MO

#49 Aug 14, 2012
My stylist moved to the Vida Verde Salon in Columbia, IL and I am soooo glad that I did!! Kim is the best stylist......Studio J really lost out.
silly willy

Columbia, IL

#50 Aug 15, 2012
It used to be hard to find a parking spot there. Not anymore!
crazyowner

Waterloo, IL

#51 Aug 16, 2012
They also fired Missy the receptionist. Guess it is closing, they have no employees left!
hurt

Maryland Heights, MO

#52 Sep 13, 2012
Christy, you reap what you sew. You are mean, selfish, rude, greedy.. and I'm sure I could come up with more!! Learn how to treat people!! I dont know how you sleep at night. you probably dont!! You have ruined a beautiful thing with awesome potential. You are creating one heck of a reputation. Its a shame that someone can be so mean at heart. Get help for yourself
noname

Troy, IL

#53 Sep 13, 2012
wow
My name is Robert Paulson

Waterloo, IL

#54 Sep 13, 2012
[QUOTE who="what?"]<quot ed text>
why would paying back your training fees be outrageous? And like I said before, most salons have a no compete clause so that's not really outrageous either....[/QUOTE]

You're right! Most businesses that are considered "artistic" in trade reaquire you to sign a non-compete. Sometimes for up to 2 years after leaving. Real world calling...
Lol

Millstadt, IL

#55 Sep 13, 2012
Christy, Keep telling yourself whatever you have to. And no, most salons don't work that way. When you are forced to close because no one in their right mind will come to your salon or work fou, then maybe the, "maybe it's me that sucks" lightbulb will shine in your head. Give it up and do something else, cause this obviously isn't for you.
squirrel 42

Waterloo, IL

#56 Sep 13, 2012
go back and be a teacher, like before.
sad

Lincoln, IL

#57 Sep 13, 2012
Cessie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well jiggys, it is fair the owner has to absorb every other expense AND pay a commission?? Come on folks - a little less money is better than NO money - don't be so greedy stylists! I know Studio J treats their employees THE BEST! I worked there!! And you couldn't have chosen a WORSE place to go (Headquarters????)- that owner is meaner than a junk yard dog!! And I wouldn't take my DOG to Headquarters!!
Ha!! This absolutely HAS to be the owner writing this. Its a shame when Christy has to pose as her own defense! LOL! "THE BEST" What the crap ever! If that were true then why is everyone gone? Including her own daughter-in-law!? Want to talk about being fair?? Your just going to have to suck it up and eat the cost for your own dang mistakes and not take it out on the employees. People who get a pay cut generally are not happy about it and will move on to something better. That junk yard dog must be doing something right to be able to hang on to people unlike Studio J. Hey, truth hurts sometimes.
sad

Lincoln, IL

#58 Sep 13, 2012
My name is Robert Paulson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right! Most businesses that are considered "artistic" in trade reaquire you to sign a non-compete. Sometimes for up to 2 years after leaving. Real world calling...
Not exactly the point. There are much better ways to go about recouping your struggling business. When its done as poorly as it has been then people are going to get upset. Do they do good hair? ya, I'm sure they do! Do people want to support an owner like that by going to her salon? Not so much. Its hard to find reviews on a lot of salons out there but try typing in Studio J and... woah!! Such a shame. Humble pie doesnt taste very good. If the owner wouldnt have treated people so poorly then maybe things like this wouldnt have come around to bite so hard. Mistaes are bound to happen by every human being. The lesson is all in how you handle it.
Go me

Belleville, IL

#59 Jan 13, 2013
Studio j sucks and the owner is a bitch!!! She is a liar and talks trash on her employees to other employees!!! She's careless and heartless and fools people otherwise. She is a poor excuse for a human... She is far from a true Christian woman!!
Go me

Belleville, IL

#60 Jan 13, 2013
Kristin , kassie, Jenny, Kim, missy & Hannah... You guys lost good receptionist and stylist because she was such a wack Job!!!! So glad those girls got out of there! They deserve better anyways :)
screwem

Columbia, IL

#61 Jan 14, 2013
i say fuggem all, those silly salons, and go to ms middys tan and salon! 111 main st..... everyone who is anyone should go there and check it out under new ownership.:)
Go me

Belleville, IL

#62 Jan 14, 2013
screwem wrote:
i say fuggem all, those silly salons, and go to ms middys tan and salon! 111 main st..... everyone who is anyone should go there and check it out under new ownership.:)
Ill try it out :)
From here

Columbia, IL

#63 Jan 14, 2013
The owner is one of the nicest people you would ever meet! There is not a word of truth to it that she's a bitch. She never has been, and never will be, because that's not how she's wired. All the negative posts are either from former employees who didn't work out, or disgruntled customers who Jesus himself couldn't please! Sometimes you must cut bait from all humans such as these idiots!
Go me

Belleville, IL

#64 Jan 14, 2013
From here wrote:
The owner is one of the nicest people you would ever meet! There is not a word of truth to it that she's a bitch. She never has been, and never will be, because that's not how she's wired. All the negative posts are either from former employees who didn't work out, or disgruntled customers who Jesus himself couldn't please! Sometimes you must cut bait from all humans such as these idiots!
You're a idiot. Very funny how the nicest people,who do NO wrong, are treated so poorly by this lady! You obviously havent had to deal with her as much as these people!! I mean come on... She lost about 10 employees in a month! She's the problem.. Not the employees or clients. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out ;)
From here

Columbia, IL

#65 Jan 15, 2013
Sorry, I am no idiot and have known her for a LONG time. It seems that stylists flock from one location to the other. They might all flock to Middy's, but it won't be long until they're dissatisfied there as well, then they'll all ditch Middy's, and flock somewhere else. I see a pattern here...
Go me

Belleville, IL

#66 Jan 16, 2013
And the receptionist??..... They were fired for awful reasons. Some had families they were caring for with those pay checks, and when they are fired all of a sudden for a horrible reason ( and are caught off guard) and then they try filing for unemployment and she writes this huge letter full of hateful things and lies about the person to get out of paying is absolutely absurd. You may know her personally.. Out side of a work environment but she is a horrible owner/boss. She owes several people apologies... She even just recently trashed talked all her former employees at her recent Christmas party with the girls she has now.. Which to me is uncalled for. Give it up.
Go me

Belleville, IL

#67 Jan 16, 2013
And what is middys?
hmmm

Tecumseh, KS

#68 Jan 16, 2013
Go me wrote:
And the receptionist??..... They were fired for awful reasons. Some had families they were caring for with those pay checks, and when they are fired all of a sudden for a horrible reason ( and are caught off guard) and then they try filing for unemployment and she writes this huge letter full of hateful things and lies about the person to get out of paying is absolutely absurd. You may know her personally.. Out side of a work environment but she is a horrible owner/boss. She owes several people apologies... She even just recently trashed talked all her former employees at her recent Christmas party with the girls she has now.. Which to me is uncalled for. Give it up.
so which stylist are you that works there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waterloo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just curious 2 hr Richard R 7
Is there a local Historian? 3 hr Richard R 2
Red Bud water 3 hr fedup 2
Good divorce attorney for MEN 4 hr fedup 3
School board 4 hr Sarah 1
Overdose 4 hr Busta Nutz 17
u gas 11 hr UGLY MONYA 15

Waterloo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waterloo Mortgages