Parents Be On The Look-Out
Wow

Columbia, IL

#28 Aug 13, 2012
618 Always wrote:
<quoted text>You must be speaking for yourself. I do (and MANY other parents) watch my children (and all of the children we see) VERY carefully in Columbia Il, along with watching EVERYTHING that goes on around us. So if this white truck creeper (or ANY creeper) wants to come to Columbia, Waterloo or Milstadt, I have my cell phone and camera ready to take a photo of his truck, plates, face and arrest.
I actually very much wanna see this truck So I can take pics of truck and call 911 immediately and have them chase after him! He needs to be caught! I might go to a park with a child and hope he shows up so I can catch him! So creeper, if your reading this, bring it on!!!!!!!!
Wow

Saint Louis, MO

#29 Aug 13, 2012
Just to reiterate, I will use an innocent child as bait for a potential predator who targets children. I will let him get very close to the child, and while he is busy trying to snatch them, I will take a picture of his license plate. Gotcha!!!

Don't worry about the childs safety however, I'm a very responsible person as can be noted from my demeanor on Topix.
yamms

Dupo, IL

#30 Aug 13, 2012
Haven't 2 girls and a little boy been approached by the pervert? My mom warned me and my friends while we were out one day and trust me we were very vigilant after that and he apparently has a red tool box in the back.
mothertobe

Millstadt, IL

#31 Aug 14, 2012
if so many people havce seen this dude and his truck then why in the world is he still out there. us older people should know what to do in this kind of situation. there have been reports of parents seeing the truck and they dont take down the license plate number... i guess there not to worried about it. but when somones loved child is taken i hope those adults that have seen the truck and had the chance to get the license plate number feel like complete crap from not turing him in. everyone needs to come together and try to find this guy.....
look out

Carlyle, IL

#32 Aug 14, 2012
yamms wrote:
Haven't 2 girls and a little boy been approached by the pervert? My mom warned me and my friends while we were out one day and trust me we were very vigilant after that and he apparently has a red tool box in the back.
Did they news say this or just word thru the grapevine?? It would be nice to know little details like this instead of just a vague description of a white silverado. No year or anything on the model.
Mr Marbles

Saint Louis, MO

#33 Aug 14, 2012
mothertobe wrote:
if so many people havce seen this dude and his truck then why in the world is he still out there. us older people should know what to do in this kind of situation. there have been reports of parents seeing the truck and they dont take down the license plate number... i guess there not to worried about it. but when somones loved child is taken i hope those adults that have seen the truck and had the chance to get the license plate number feel like complete crap from not turing him in. everyone needs to come together and try to find this guy.....
Lets be reasonable mother tobe. People thrust into situations for which they are unfamiliar or not trained donít always act in the way an individual with hindsight would like. Some of the people reporting the sightings were kids, who donít think about license plates on trucks. We also donít know the situation. Maybe everyone saw the truck from the side or at a distance in which case the plate numbers could not be seen. You donít need to wish bad feelings on people mother tobe. Everyone want this guy caught.
curious cat

Waterloo, IL

#34 Aug 14, 2012
... does anyone know why so many comments have been deleted from this tread?... doesn't seem like one that people would report, and if it's information, i'd like to know what it is.
mothertobe

Millstadt, IL

#35 Aug 14, 2012
Mr Marbles wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets be reasonable mother tobe. People thrust into situations for which they are unfamiliar or not trained donít always act in the way an individual with hindsight would like. Some of the people reporting the sightings were kids, who donít think about license plates on trucks. We also donít know the situation. Maybe everyone saw the truck from the side or at a distance in which case the plate numbers could not be seen. You donít need to wish bad feelings on people mother tobe. Everyone want this guy caught.
well the first one reported the mother was with her children when she walked up to her daughter the guy drove off. so right there would have been her chance to get the plate number. the people who have spotted him in hecker at the park the mothers there could have gotten the plate number. there have been tons of chances for people to get the plate number and there chooseing not to. if everyone is so worried ab getting this guy then people need to start to make an effort and do something to get him.
618 Always

Waterloo, IL

#36 Aug 14, 2012
mothertobe wrote:
<quoted text>well the first one reported the mother was with her children when she walked up to her daughter the guy drove off. so right there would have been her chance to get the plate number. the people who have spotted him in hecker at the park the mothers there could have gotten the plate number. there have been tons of chances for people to get the plate number and there chooseing not to. if everyone is so worried ab getting this guy then people need to start to make an effort and do something to get him.
Do you honestly believe those parents CHOOSE not to memorize the plates in a quick, could have been life changing moment?? I doubt ANYONE choose NOT to get the plates. Let's stop pointing fingers at the people that WERE watching their children well enough that they didn't get kidnapped, and start focusing on what could be done IF it were to happen to you (anyone).

Everyone now a days has a cell phone w/camera. Take photos if you think something looks suspicious. Yes, it's VERY urgent and important to catch this guy, but what's the VERY MOST IMPORTANT is watching your children every moment, of every day, everywhere. Don't let them out of your sight. I'm the type of parent that was afraid of creeps looong before this guy became an issue. My guard has always been up, and while I believe my children would never have been snatched, I can't promise I would have caught a plate number in that situation. Now, I'm more aware than ever.

MotherToBe, we ALL want him caught. The only person that doesn't want him caught, is the creeper himself.
on topic

Columbia, IL

#37 Aug 14, 2012
I heard a truck matching this description was doing the same thing up in the central part of the state a few months ago....wonder if its the same sick pervert.
mothertobe

Millstadt, IL

#38 Aug 15, 2012
618 Always wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly believe those parents CHOOSE not to memorize the plates in a quick, could have been life changing moment?? I doubt ANYONE choose NOT to get the plates. Let's stop pointing fingers at the people that WERE watching their children well enough that they didn't get kidnapped, and start focusing on what could be done IF it were to happen to you (anyone).
Everyone now a days has a cell phone w/camera. Take photos if you think something looks suspicious. Yes, it's VERY urgent and important to catch this guy, but what's the VERY MOST IMPORTANT is watching your children every moment, of every day, everywhere. Don't let them out of your sight. I'm the type of parent that was afraid of creeps looong before this guy became an issue. My guard has always been up, and while I believe my children would never have been snatched, I can't promise I would have caught a plate number in that situation. Now, I'm more aware than ever.
MotherToBe, we ALL want him caught. The only person that doesn't want him caught, is the creeper himself.
yes that is very true but like u said everyone has cell phones these days if ur child wasnt taken and they are by u at all times and u see this dude how hard is it to take a pic plus call 911??????? the people at the hecker park they could have easily calle 911 and told the cops that they think hes there. theres kids all over the place some believe this guy doesnt have an age preference. so its not only the lil ones that need to be watched its the ones that are old enough to be on there own that need to be watched and on the look out also. people come on now if everyone worked together we can get this guy.
heckerite

Saint Louis, MO

#39 Aug 15, 2012
A friend in Millstadt told me the following about this guy: A few weeks ago, he approached a neighbor's home, pretending to be a police officer. Young teen boy home alone and reported this. Then my friend's husband saw this same man using some kind of large camera to spy on another neighbor's home. He accosted the guy, who ran away but he did get a license number and reported it to Monroe and St. Claire sherrif's offices and the Waterloo Police know also. She tells me that the guy is supposed to live on Club Congress Road. This all preceeded the recent attemped kidnappings in or near Hecker. Hecker has their Kirchenfest this weekend, tell all parents to be on the lookout.
heckerite

Saint Louis, MO

#40 Aug 15, 2012
Sorry for neglecting this but there is a little more. The father of the boy whose home was approached by this guy pretending to be a police officer is in touch with the Waterloo Police and he says his son is willing to try to ID the guy in a line up. The police say there is not enough to arrest this guy yet, buy they now know who he is and are watching him. I am sure that impersonating an officer is a crime, but it seems so difficult these days to meet burdens of proof, so I guess the police just don't have enough to arrest him for yet. Watch your kids.
LOVE MUFFIN

Columbia, IL

#41 Aug 15, 2012
Show yr kids how to use a gun. Or put a tracker on yr kids so u can track them on yr PC. or show them how to us a stun gun. Think about it .
thought bout it

Columbia, IL

#42 Aug 16, 2012
LOVE MUFFIN wrote:
Show yr kids how to use a gun. Or put a tracker on yr kids so u can track them on yr PC. or show them how to us a stun gun. Think about it .
"Mommmm Johnny's having seizures and foaming at the mouth".

"Why is that Suzie?????"

"I used my stun gun on him when he tried to take my juice box."

Brilliant, give kids guns! I'll just watch my children Via Google maps instead of actually going to the park with them! Looove how life gives me the chance to be as lazy and absent as possible!

Stupid.
Love Muffin Tops
#43 Aug 16, 2012
Don't taze me bro! Don't taze me!
dummy

Columbia, IL

#44 Aug 18, 2012
Here we go wrote:
We don't watch our kids in Columbia Illinois.
<quoted text>

And that is exactly why this 11 year old little boy was almost abducted.
618 always

Waterloo, IL

#45 Aug 18, 2012
dummy wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is exactly why this 11 year old little boy was almost abducted.
Almost abducted, but not an Amber Alert. Thank You, God for that.
Be on the look out Waterloo and other towns. He's caused a stir in Columbia so I would guess he's staying low from us for a while.
We do watch our children in Columbia, we pray that the mothers in the towns near by are doing just the same.
Stay safe everyone, and enjoy the beautiful weather!
funny

Waterloo, IL

#46 Aug 18, 2012
there are plenty walking the streets or even just out in neighborhoods without parental supervision. You much live in a bubble
choices

Dupo, IL

#47 Aug 18, 2012
618 Always wrote:
<quoted text>You must be speaking for yourself. I do (and MANY other parents) watch my children (and all of the children we see) VERY carefully in Columbia Il, along with watching EVERYTHING that goes on around us. So if this white truck creeper (or ANY creeper) wants to come to Columbia, Waterloo or Milstadt, I have my cell phone and camera ready to take a photo of his truck, plates, face and arrest.
now a maroon mini van, and has a gotee , also dark hair and medium complection

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waterloo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ruby's (Apr '16) 10 hr you big dummy 9
Skatepark Actiion (Jul '16) 10 hr you big dummy 88
u gas 10 hr Oil 16
Deihl's Building 12 hr Amom 9
Is there a local Historian? Tue crazy 10
Overdose Mar 26 Busta Nutz 20
Union vs. Non Union Contractors (Oct '10) Mar 23 Jarrod777 184

Waterloo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance