Are all the theft stories true
watcher

Waterloo, IL

#21 Jun 2, 2010
Thanks, it's nice to know who to pay a little more attention to.
hey girlfriend

Millstadt, IL

#22 Jun 2, 2010
directed to todds gf so if all todd does is "hang" with you on the weekends i guess you were also handcuffed along with him at the CPD about a month ago. talking bout growing up!!!
HEY GIRLFRIEND

Waterloo, IL

#23 Jun 2, 2010
Again, from Todd's mother, I would be very careful about the misinformation that you are so willing to share that may lead to a slanderous lawsuit tracing to your IP address should Todd lose his job because he WILLINGLY spoke to the CPD approximately one month ago regarding an investigation and never placed him anywhere near the proximity of being in "cuffs". And not something that he himself was involved in. Again, keep your comments directed to facts as in NAMES that appear in the paper or are documented unless you are making general comments. If you are throwing names around then add your own. Otherwise, you have no business posting here.
hey girlfriend

Millstadt, IL

#24 Jun 2, 2010
WELL THE SOURCE I HAVE IS AT THE CPD. AND FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND IS THAT IT IS STILL UNDER INVESTIGATION STAY TUNED.IF YOUR SON WERE TO LOOSE HIS JOB BECAUSE OF IT, CONSIDER IT A RETURN FOR WHAT OTHERS HAVE LOST BECAUSE OF HIM POSSIBLY!
HEY GIRLFRIEND

Columbia, IL

#25 Jun 2, 2010
Once again... dear misinformed, as Todd's MOTHER - one who KNOWS - you'd better watch getting your bad info from your CPD informant. They could also be liable for sharing bad information if this is true along with your IP address that could track both of you for slander should something happen as a result of this post. I will gladly stake my beliefs in him. Bring it on. His discussions with them (CPD) were in regard to a FIGHT, not property loss. Can you now see how things can become so terrible misconstrued on these little chat gossip room strings and hurt people because of someone like you who like to continue to name names incorrectly while hiding behind your anonymous post? Let something happen and he will not be in court, you will be the defendant. Won't that be an ironic twist?

Lessons need to be learned on these small town posts that facts need to be held to facts without names unless it is a FACT.

Let's hope that the CPD doesn't dole out "FACTS" or information on the Coleman case such as you are passing along as "fact" on my son and blow a chance to put a real animal behind bars. Next time weigh your words more heavily before you absentmindedly post.
I agree

Maryland Heights, MO

#26 Jun 2, 2010
Well said. If you people could feel how it is to be talked about like that, maybe you would watch what you say, Grow up and get a life!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#27 Jun 3, 2010
In all honesty it's going to be hard to get someone to trace any IP's to anyone, especially over a slanderous comment. Considering, it's up to the ISP to give over such information, and usually they will not. Your small slanderous case will most likely not force them to do anything unless there is physical harm being threatened. You have to know that major Movie making corporations can rarely get the IP's of people that pirate films, so the odds are stacked against you.

So instead of being sue happy and just making asinine comments, you should try to resolve things a little differently. Otherwise you're making threats like everyone else.

Just a thought...
The_Real_Truth

Waterloo, IL

#28 Jun 6, 2010
Before you think I'm making simple threats and actually begin using your brain to have little thoughts, you MIGHT want to actually research a few things before posting YOUR asinine comments - might do everyone on this little gossip/chat room some good:
Many people believe that when they write something on a website, blog, or message board, that they are truly “anonymous” and have a free pass to say anything they want. This feeling of anonymity sometimes leads people to post false statements in an effort to discredit another individual or harm their reputation.
People who post false statements about someone else on a website or blog are often surprised when they learn they have been sued for defamation.
What is defamation?
Defamation is the communication of a false claim or statement of fact about another person that harms his or her reputation. This statement does not need to be made to a large group of people; you can be liable even if you make the statement to just one other person (other than the person the statement is about). There are two types of defamation. The first is libel or written defamation, including things written on Internet websites, blogs and message boards. The second is slander or spoken defamation.
What is a “false statement of fact”?
A false statement of fact is a false statement that can be proven true or false – such as “John stole my computer from my house,” or “Mary had an affair with the boss to get her promotion”– and which a reasonable person, in the context provided, would understand as being asserted as a true and verifiable statement. Obviously, if a statement is true, it cannot be defamatory.
Opinions, even if they reflect negatively on someone, are protected by the First Amendment and are not defamatory. However, just calling a false statement of fact an opinion is not enough to gain First Amendment protection. For instance, if you say,“Based on the evidence, in my opinion, it’s clear that John stole my computer from my house,” then a court mind determine that, because you were backing up your statement with evidence, that you were actually making a statement of fact. If that statement is false and hurts John’s reputation, then you could still be liable for defamation.
Does it matter if I made a statement about a public figure like a politician, as opposed to a private individual?
The First Amendment provides a little more protection when you are making a statement about a public figure such as a politician, celebrity, or an individual involved in a public controversy or who had a role in a major public event. In addition to proving that the statement was false and harmed their reputation, a public figure must prove that the person making the defamatory statement either knew the statement was false or recklessly disregarded the truthfulness of the statement.
When does a statement harm someone’s reputation?
A statement harms someone’s reputation if it lowers the value of the person to potential employers or to other members of the public. Often, a defamatory statement places the person in a negative light in regards to their integrity and morality. In some cases, a court will determine that based on the content of a statement, harm to the person’s reputation is presumed. This is called defamation per se and typically applies to false statements about a person committing a serious crime, having a sexually transmitted disease, lacking ability or integrity in their work or business, committing adultery or being promiscuous. If a statement doesn’t fall under one of these categories, it is called defamation per quod, and the plaintiff must prove damage to his or her reputation, such as loss of employment, business opportunities, or customers.
The_Real_Truth

Waterloo, IL

#29 Jun 6, 2010
I posted a defamatory statement anonymously on the Internet, can I be tracked down?
Yes, in most situations, you can be tracked down. Even if he or she doesn’t know anything about you, the target of a defamatory statement can file a lawsuit and use the discovery process to track you down and find your actual identity. In most cases, the plaintiff can use your IP address to force your Internet Service Provider to turn over your account information, including your name and address.
Someone posted a defamatory statement on the website, blog, message board, or other online forum I run. Can I be held liable for defamation?
The short answer is no, you will not generally be held liable for a comment that someone else made on your website, blog, or message board. Under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, Internet service providers and website operators cannot be held liable for defamation for publishing statements that are were posted by someone else. For example a blogger could not be held liable for a defamatory statement made by another person in a comment on a blog entry.
NEED I SAY MORE?
The_Real_Truth

Waterloo, IL

#30 Jun 6, 2010
Before you think I'm making simple threats and actually begin using your brain to have little thoughts, you MIGHT want to actually research a few things before posting YOUR asinine comments - might do everyone on this little gossip/chat room some good:
Many people believe that when they write something on a website, blog, or message board, that they are truly “anonymous” and have a free pass to say anything they want. This feeling of anonymity sometimes leads people to post false statements in an effort to discredit another individual or harm their reputation.
People who post false statements about someone else on a website or blog are often surprised when they learn they have been sued for defamation.
What is defamation?
Defamation is the communication of a false claim or statement of fact about another person that harms his or her reputation. This statement does not need to be made to a large group of people; you can be liable even if you make the statement to just one other person (other than the person the statement is about). There are two types of defamation. The first is libel or written defamation, including things written on Internet websites, blogs and message boards. The second is slander or spoken defamation.
What is a “false statement of fact”?
A false statement of fact is a false statement that can be proven true or false – such as “John stole my computer from my house,” or “Mary had an affair with the boss to get her promotion”– and which a reasonable person, in the context provided, would understand as being asserted as a true and verifiable statement. Obviously, if a statement is true, it cannot be defamatory.
Opinions, even if they reflect negatively on someone, are protected by the First Amendment and are not defamatory. However, just calling a false statement of fact an opinion is not enough to gain First Amendment protection. For instance, if you say,“Based on the evidence, in my opinion, it’s clear that John stole my computer from my house,” then a court mind determine that, because you were backing up your statement with evidence, that you were actually making a statement of fact. If that statement is false and hurts John’s reputation, then you could still be liable for defamation.
timmy

Waterloo, IL

#31 Jun 6, 2010
Uh, OK
joe dirte

Waterloo, IL

#32 Jun 7, 2010
Daaaaang
sureee

Waterloo, IL

#33 Jun 7, 2010
The truth hurts sometimes.

Location hidden

#34 Jun 7, 2010
It's easy to go to Wikipedia and copy and paste garbage all day. Let me know when you actually get it done. In the mean time I have something for you to track...

Location hidden

#35 Jun 7, 2010
See there are some things you don't know about IP addresses... You should really get an education before you start shooting off at the mouth...

Location hidden

#37 Jun 7, 2010
The point is, it's going to be a pain in the ass to file a libel suit from topix.com . People are talked about all the time, and if someone saw your son being questioned by the cops, then he looks guilty.

Oh, and sure you can try to track IP's, but it's not as easy as the wiki says...

Location hidden

#38 Jun 7, 2010
Oh and your son doesn't exactly put on the "respectable" front...
Underage

Waterloo, IL

#39 Jun 7, 2010
Isn't Todd Kramer dating a 15 or 16 year old, or some junk like that? Interesting for a 19 year old.
T A K

Waterloo, IL

#40 Jun 7, 2010
"my names todd kramer, i like the usual; get in trouble, hang out with the boys, kick it with the girl.. love you tee. shes mah lifee. so back off!!! boiiyyyyyy i got a burning passion for doing stupid shit. im pretty sure that the only thing that matters is family and the friends who are closest to you. i gotta big family so dont fuck with them and dont f*ck with me >:) cant say i care bout much else than that. girls: cant say i have a heart so good luck breakin it. fuck a hater, love a brother. if ya wanna know more, ask."
Hummm

Waterloo, IL

#41 Jun 7, 2010
T A K wrote:
"my names todd kramer, i like the usual; get in trouble, hang out with the boys, kick it with the girl.. love you tee. shes mah lifee. so back off!!! boiiyyyyyy i got a burning passion for doing stupid shit. im pretty sure that the only thing that matters is family and the friends who are closest to you. i gotta big family so dont fuck with them and dont f*ck with me >:) cant say i care bout much else than that. girls: cant say i have a heart so good luck breakin it. fuck a hater, love a brother. if ya wanna know more, ask."
Boy if I was your Mama I sure would be proud of this statement!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waterloo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
peppers house 5 hr Gospel 2
Monroe county fair 8 hr Brian Buttlick 14
Schnucks Sun Trump train 6
Mystic Oaks Food Sun Nikki 11
Campaign signs Jul 23 The Truck 12
Selling Waterloo Milk & Soda bottles (Jan '12) Jul 23 mike 11
asianwomanwanted Jul 22 bigone 3

Waterloo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance