Restaurant Question

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#1 Aug 20, 2011
My boss asked me to start planning where to have our employee appreciation party and I plan on having it roughly 2-3 months from now. There would be a total of about 75 people total. Im looking for a place where there can be music such as a band or a dj and a place that serves food. I am generally unfamilar with such places around Waterloo and Columbia and would like some suggestions and opinions. I have heard of Gallaghers and Sal's Wartburg Inn so any opinions about these places would be helpful also.
Laser Lady

Waterloo, IL

#2 Aug 20, 2011
We have only eaten at Gallagher's once. It was good, but pricey. We have eaten at Sal's a few times, and it was OK - not what I would call really, really good. We haven't been to either place in probably 2+ years though. Using one of the local halls and a caterer might be your best bet.

I think you're probably familiar enough with Topix to take any replies you get with a grain (or a bag) of salt, too.

;-)
Laser Lady

Waterloo, IL

#3 Aug 20, 2011
I forgot - one of the local golf courses might be able to accommodate you, too. I know that The Acorns has reunions and things out there, and they have pretty good food, too. If you're not familiar with it, it's right behind Sal's in Wartburg. Annbriar also has good food. I haven't been to The Ridge in a couple of years, so I don't know how their food is.
Waterloo

Waterloo, IL

#4 Aug 20, 2011
if you go to Gallagher's website you can see all of the private party options under the groups tab on the homepage. gallagherswaterloo. com.
yup

United States

#5 Aug 21, 2011
AbbyRoadz wrote:
My boss asked me to start planning where to have our employee appreciation party and I plan on having it roughly 2-3 months from now. There would be a total of about 75 people total. Im looking for a place where there can be music such as a band or a dj and a place that serves food. I am generally unfamilar with such places around Waterloo and Columbia and would like some suggestions and opinions. I have heard of Gallaghers and Sal's Wartburg Inn so any opinions about these places would be helpful also.
Lou and michelles they have a hall go to http://www.louandmichelles.com/
Their food is Delish
really

Waterloo, IL

#6 Aug 22, 2011
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
Lou and michelles they have a hall go to http://www.louandmichelles.com/
Their food is Delish
Their food SUCKS and WAY overpriced
Krissy

United States

#7 Aug 22, 2011
Check your local VFW & Legion's prices...Bullys Smokehouse has a banquet room for free for parties over 20 people but not sure if they're big enough...can't remember what they hold..
come on

Millstadt, IL

#8 Aug 22, 2011
AbbyRoadz wrote:
Had my daughters baby shower at Acorns. Was really nice and reasonable. You also get your money back from room, if you have there food
Momo

Columbia, IL

#9 Aug 22, 2011
really wrote:
<quoted text>Their food SUCKS and WAY overpriced
I was there recently for a reception and the food was quite good.
Elliott

Waterloo, IL

#10 Aug 22, 2011
Had class reunion at Acorns and also church fundraiser. Great place. Holds 75 people easily. Food is good and drinks are reasonable.
Mr Douglas

Waterloo, IL

#11 Aug 22, 2011
JFires will rent out the whole back patio.
koi

United States

#12 Sep 1, 2011
Love j fires
ghm

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Sep 1, 2011
Elliott wrote:
Had class reunion at Acorns and also church fundraiser. Great place. Holds 75 people easily. Food is good and drinks are reasonable.
i had a tournament and fundraiser with them. very satisified. they gave us a great time and the workers were very friendly and professional.not to mention nice to look at. hope to do it again next year. way to go. good job!
dazed

Conway, AR

#14 Sep 2, 2011
Jfires is a favorite of my mother & daughter's & my mother was in the food service business as a director for many years so that says a lot. Lou & Michelle's is another good place, good food & price...she frequents there too. My husband's former place of employment had their christmas party at Annbriars every year for many years and it was always nice, good food and plenty of room.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#15 Sep 2, 2011
AbbyRoadz wrote:
Gallaghers food is great, but a bit pricey (unless the boss is paying). Sals is good, not sure about their band setup. Bobecks food is not very good anymore for the money, sorry Bobecks. Lou and Michelles food is not so great either, prices are way up. Not sure about the golf courses, but there a few to chose from.
yeah right

Waterloo, IL

#16 Sep 3, 2011
jfires is terrible now. food has gone downhill & all their good waitresses and waiters left it seems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waterloo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting in Columbia 1 hr tnj 30
Subway returns in September 2 hr lol 5
Alco sold? 12 hr The pervert 5
Noise Ordnance 12 hr FUN FUN 27
I pay cash for your unwanted appliances!!!!! & ... (May '12) Sat Kathi coleman 178
neighbors wife Aug 25 killagorilla 23
my used washer n drier Aug 25 Cynthia 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waterloo Mortgages