EPA and General Electric update Hudso...

EPA and General Electric update Hudson dredging agreement

There are 1 comment on the Empire State News story from Jan 27, 2009, titled EPA and General Electric update Hudson dredging agreement. In it, Empire State News reports that:

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Monday announced that the federal government has reached an agreement with the General Electric Company to modify a November 2, 2006 consent decree requiring the company ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Empire State News.

Janelle Shudde

Bokoshe, OK

#1 Jan 28, 2009
I have 2 comments:

ON THE EPA'S ACTIONS
I note that the original ruling by the EPA required General Electric to pay for dredging of 40 miles of the river, cost $700 million, or at least some part of that.
I note that just as the courts have upheld the legitimacy of GE being required to pay for the dredging, EPA had agreed to have GE pay only for the $7-8 million for a water pipeline.
This has the smell of a deal.

ON THE "EMPIRE STATE NEWS"
I note that this story, the Empire State News coverage only mentioned the new agreement figures of $7-8 million. There was no mention of how much the obligation General Electric was reduced or about the recent court decision.
I consider this poor quality or biased reporting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waterford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr see the truth 20,314
looking for an old friend (Jul '11) 22 hr hhh 9
News Albany police arrest woman for Liebel Street bu... (Aug '12) Sat I Hateu 6
News A difficult matter: Claws come out as New York ... May 27 Puppeteer 2
warning: rude employee at christmas tree shops (Aug '12) May 26 MMet 42
Waterford resident Rosetta Masi 66 2nd st (Jun '14) Jun '14 George Mastroni 1
News Public invited to join Albany mayor on his last... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Braceyaself 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waterford Mortgages