Albany farmers' market to accept food stamp cards

Jul 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTEN-TV Albany

The Empire State Plaza Farmers' Market, as well as 18 other markets statewide, will now accept Food Stamp Cards as part of Governor Andrew Cuomo's "FreshConnect" program.

Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated Dec 27, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sk8ter4Ever

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

vincent andrew wrote:
Seems to me like it just keeps getting easier for those who fail to work for a living. I understand that sometimes people need help, but than there are those who actually need the help and don't get it..
It must be nice to know that you'll never get fired or sick or disabled...it must be very nice, indeed.

My grandmother used to say "you, now... you haven't lived your life yet, kid".

There are thousands of Americans who worked hard and now live under a bridge.

Remember...karma is one vindictive bitch.

Since: Jun 12

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

Judged:

I got a funny story for you,

I met this guy on the street. He want to bum a cigarette. I never met him before. We got talking. He's telling me social services was forcing him to look for work. He showed me his paper work he had to fill out showing where he applied. He told me how he fools social service. This took maybe 2 minutes and I moved on.

Around 4 to 5 weeks later I saw the same guy. I asked him how he made out with social services. He replied, "They took everything away from me, my rent and food stamps." I said, "That's too bad." we were already moving on when yells back, "F@#& them I went and got a job."

--
Wigwam

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Judged:

Jim in Albany wrote:
I got a funny story for you,
I met this guy on the street. He want to bum a cigarette. I never met him before. We got talking. He's telling me social services was forcing him to look for work. He showed me his paper work he had to fill out showing where he applied. He told me how he fools social service. This took maybe 2 minutes and I moved on.
Around 4 to 5 weeks later I saw the same guy. I asked him how he made out with social services. He replied, "They took everything away from me, my rent and food stamps." I said, "That's too bad." we were already moving on when yells back, "F@#& them I went and got a job."
--
I've got an even funnier story for you. There's this guy on Topix who just makes up stories. Seriously! He writes stories about events that he WISHED would happen, but never did.

Thank goodness Obamacare will cover mental health treatment.
Coon killer

Glenshaw, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

Damn more filthy coons coming to market. Time to get the nooses and shotguns.
Diool45

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

Coon killer wrote:
You tell em' Hector! BTW, I was sorry to hear that you abd your sister broke up.
TrishaATLARGE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

Coon killer wrote:
Typical trash talk from a guy who thinks that Larry The Cable Guy is a hoot.
Kaiser Soze

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

Not my job to feed anyone other than my family.

Lazy bums should get a job...

There was a guy begging in Westgate Plaza last week with a "will work for food" sign. I told him I'd pay him $100 and feed him to chop firewood and paint my porch(the two jobs would have taken 4-5 hours... that's pretty good money) and he turned me down. They don't WANT to work... they want to play you for the fool in the hopes that you'll feel pity for them and just give them your hard earned money.
coon killers killer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

Coon killer wrote:
More crackers on welfare then coons..do your research cock lover!!
TrishaATLARGE

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

Kaiser Soze wrote:
Not my job to feed anyone other than my family.
Lazy bums should get a job...
There was a guy begging in Westgate Plaza last week with a "will work for food" sign. I told him I'd pay him $100 and feed him to chop firewood and paint my porch(the two jobs would have taken 4-5 hours... that's pretty good money) and he turned me down. They don't WANT to work... they want to play you for the fool in the hopes that you'll feel pity for them and just give them your hard earned money.
Youre a really $hitty liar, you know that? I mean, if you're gonna make up $hit, at least make it believable.
Kaiser Soze

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

Trisha-- not made up. I had an extra hundo in my pocket, and I felt a little bad for the guy. My sympathy quickly became contempt for yet another dirtbag trying to work the system.

I still have that hundo in my pocket...
TrishaATLARGE

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

Kaiser Soze wrote:
Trisha-- not made up. I had an extra hundo in my pocket, and I felt a little bad for the guy. My sympathy quickly became contempt for yet another dirtbag trying to work the system.
Are you really stupid enough to believe that people reading your posts would buy that you "felt sorry" for someone like that? You cant endlessly talk $hit about the homeless and unemployed, then try to make us believe that you're this warm, compassionate person....we're not as stupid as you.
TrishaATLARGE

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

I assume that Kaiser Soze and Jim in Albany are one and the same, since they've both invented pathetic little stories about encounters with street people that never occured..
Do yourself a favor..get professional help!
TrishaATLARGE

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

Kaiser Soze wrote:
I think that I speak for everyone on this thread when I say that we're all really impressed that you have a hundred dollars in your pocket. Ill bet that homeless guy gets lots of men offering him $100 to "chop firewood" in July....that's a pretty clever way of asking for oral sex.
Chevyloyal

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

KAISER YOU HOMO
Chevyloyal

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

HEY KAISER, WHEN YOU GET YOUR FIREWOOD CHOPPED DONYOU GIVE A REACHAROUND?
Wigwam

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

Nasty.
Kaiser Soze

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

My daddy always taught me to give a man an honest days pay for an honest days work.
REDNECK

Glenshaw, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

coon killers killer wrote:
<quoted text>
More crackers on welfare then coons..do your research cock lover!!
I keep my coons workin all day on the plantation. 2.50/hr no overtime. Shineka's got a pitchfork stuck up her filthy colored azz.
Jamal's hangin out back from a sturdy oak tree!
Tayloriffic

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

REDNECK wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep my coons workin all day on the plantation. 2.50/hr no overtime. Shineka's got a pitchfork stuck up her filthy colored azz.
Jamal's hangin out back from a sturdy oak tree!
BTW... I'm really glad to hear about Penn State taking it up the aSS from the NCAA!!!!!!
Tayloriffic

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Kaiser Soze wrote:
My daddy always taught me to give a man an honest days pay for an honest days work.
What does that have to do with picking up homeless male prostitutes?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Waterford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Waterford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••