varmit

United States

#1 Dec 1, 2008
i spent 25 yrs in the fisher body plt on Baldwin....just wondering if it is still being used or even still there...lotta good memories from there
ronald simmons

Pontiac, MI

#2 Jan 6, 2009
the old fisher building is being used for storage
ME ME

Middlesboro, KY

#3 Jan 18, 2009
My dad worked at Pontiac motor there,is it the same place? I Was not sure,did you know A.J.BAILEY,BOONE BAILEY,LUKE BAILEY,RAY BAILEY.I was raised in PONTIAC MI.LIVED ON west kennett back in the 60s and 70s.LOTS OF GOOD TIMES,but cold.I REMEMBER the building you are talking about,things sure are not the same up there.I like to come visit once in a while,but that about it.Do you know where ALLOCTT,LINCOLN JR.AND PONTIAC CENTRAL schools are.Well thats my old schools.
just wondering

United States

#4 Jan 19, 2009
ME ME wrote:
My dad worked at Pontiac motor there,is it the same place? I Was not sure,did you know A.J.BAILEY,BOONE BAILEY,LUKE BAILEY,RAY BAILEY.I was raised in PONTIAC MI.LIVED ON west kennett back in the 60s and 70s.LOTS OF GOOD TIMES,but cold.I REMEMBER the building you are talking about,things sure are not the same up there.I like to come visit once in a while,but that about it.Do you know where ALLOCTT,LINCOLN JR.AND PONTIAC CENTRAL schools are.Well thats my old schools.
no...pontiac motors was accross the tracks from fisher body....we built the body and shipped it to them to complete the car...i know where all the places are that you named...my kids went to 2 of the schools...i lived in pontiac-waterford from 1965 til 1990...then trans to Ms to finish my 30 yrs...thnks for the comeback
Mary

Rolla, MO

#5 Apr 26, 2010
varmit wrote:
i spent 25 yrs in the fisher body plt on Baldwin....just wondering if it is still being used or even still there...lotta good memories from there
My Dad worked body from 1930 till 1954, he mixed all the paint for the cars and trucks by hand, back then, i just wonder if there is any pictures, or if anyone has any stories or remerberances of those days.
Mary

Rolla, MO

#6 Apr 26, 2010
I wOULD REALLY LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WHO MIGHT REMEMBER MY Dad who worked at fisher body erom 1930 to 1954, mixing paint by hand, and would love to see and pictures that might be around.
Mary

Rolla, MO

#7 Apr 26, 2010
My Dad's name was Jack Cotton.
Tiffany Bigelow

Holland, MI

#8 Oct 4, 2010
I was wondering if anyone out there remembers Bob Hope coming to the plant. My Grandpa played the drums for him when he performed and I would love to get a picture. Please let me know. Thanks
Rhonda

Shelby, OH

#9 Jan 19, 2012
Mary wrote:
I wOULD REALLY LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WHO MIGHT REMEMBER MY Dad who worked at fisher body erom 1930 to 1954, mixing paint by hand, and would love to see and pictures that might be around.
Hi, seen a really good tribute to Pontiac Auto workers. It's on youtube.google Tribute Pontiac assembly line workers and it will come up.
Ron

Pontiac, MI

#10 Oct 25, 2012
Rhonda wrote:
<quoted text> Hi, seen a really good tribute to Pontiac Auto workers. It's on youtube.google Tribute Pontiac assembly line workers and it will come up.
Am doing a historical sign, part of Motorcities National Heritage Area to chronicle Fisher Body's history in Pontiac. Any one with photos or stories please respond to Ron completeshelter@yahoo.com
Dave

Auburn Hills, MI

#11 Nov 18, 2012
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Am doing a historical sign, part of Motorcities National Heritage Area to chronicle Fisher Body's history in Pontiac. Any one with photos or stories please respond to Ron completeshelter@yahoo.com
This plant is now being demolished, was used for the old fiero. In addition the old stamping plants 15 and 25 have already been torn down, quite a shame all that remains of their history now are concrete slabs, very sad.
Jon Heikka

Arvada, CO

#12 Oct 24, 2013
My grand father Franklin Williams worked at fisher body for years.. He retired in the mid sixties and moved to the oz arks in Missouri. He had a house over on Colgate.
meade

Lake Orion, MI

#13 Dec 14, 2013
varmit wrote:
I went by it today and there tearing it down hate to say.
fisher family

Clarkston, MI

#14 Jan 14, 2014
What is going to be used for now?
Dee

United States

#15 Jan 29, 2014
My Dad, uncles, Mom and Grandma worked at GM for years, all but my Mom retired there. My Dad was Eddie Beard, he went by "Fast Eddie'. My Grandma retired from fisher body, my Dad and uncles worked in all the other plants for 35 years. 2 of them didn't live to see it gone....i'm kind of happy for that. Rip Dad and uncle Hank.
Billy Robbins

Middlesboro, KY

#16 Apr 8, 2014
My dad worked at Pontiac motors plant8 and was shop committeemen for years I went to wisner ele. And central elements on pike st from 1955-1966 and eastern jr high if anyone knows someone that I might have went to school with let me know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waterford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Restaurants open on Xmas Day? Dec 11 bigjeff 1
Nightclub's revival as church to help rehab mis... (Nov '13) Nov 29 Nettabblessed 4
George Fowler SR. Nov '14 Jessica N Fowler 1
48th District Court clamps down on costs (Feb '08) Oct '14 karma 47
Deeverlon "Demo" Jones (Oct '11) Oct '14 unknown 3
Police Chief May Lose Job for Stealing Election... Oct '14 L S Frazier 1
Lawsuit against ex-Michigan prosecutors to begin Oct '14 SLN 1
Waterford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Waterford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Waterford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Waterford