Oak Valley Hospital Measure Q

Oak Valley Hospital Measure Q

Posted in the Waterford Forum

Al McCarty of Oakdale

Modesto, CA

#1 Jul 17, 2008
On August 26 the citizens in the Oak Valley Hospital district will be asked to vote on Measure "Q". This measure will place a 30 year lean on our homes along with the previous 26 year (remaining years) lean placed on our homes on our homes by the same board. I have found the citizens in this area to be a generous lot and God bless them for that. However with the job losses, the souring prices of gas and food and the multiple home foreclosures, do we really want to place ourselves or our friends and neighbors in jeopardy with a 30 year lean? I have been making phone calls to people and some of the stories I have heard will break your heart. If you are one of those thinking of voting yes on "Q", please consider asking your friends and neighbors if they can stand a new tax. Will you feel good about yourself knowing you obligated a senior citizen, who is deciding to buy food or medication, to a new tax on their home? Please think and vote wisely and keep that senior in mind.
Shirley Vieira

Manteca, CA

#2 Jul 22, 2008
I am a senior and I am definitely voting YES on Measure Q. Consider the following, for those of us on Medicare and potentially needing a local Emergency Room or an ambulance. Ambulance rides are charged at a base rate plus a per mile fee. An ambulance ride to Modesto could cost me $ 1,500.00 for the co-pay. The ride to the hospital would take at least 25 minutes and that doesn’t include the time it would take the ambulance to even get to me. For any type of trauma, stroke, heart attack, car accident etc, the first 30 minutes is the most critical, literally the difference between life or death, full recovery or disability. Many seniors in the district have lived in their homes a long time and have a tax assessed value of $ 50,000 or less. The average additional tax for Measure Q for a home assessed at $ 50,000 will be $ 6.06 per year or 50 cents a month. The average additional property tax for a home with an assessed value of $ 100,000 will be $ 12.13 per year or $ 1.01 per month. The co-pay for one ambulance ride to Modesto at $ 12.13 per year would take me 123 years to pay off. This bond is for 30 years and my life and my family’s lives are worth it. Vote Yes On Measure Q .
Concerned Citizen

Stockton, CA

#3 Jul 30, 2008
How about it AL McCarthy of Oakdale, do you really think the community needs your kinda help?

If you are a homeowner in this state you pay property taxes it is as simple as that. However Al does not state for those of you who are retired on a fixed income that own a home can apply to have all your property taxes deferred until you transfer your property or till you pass away.

Al you should apply for this benefit so you will not be burdened with your tax bill after all the state of California and the citizens of this area do not want you to have to choose food over your property taxes.

The Al McCarty of Oakdale story that elderly people in our community would have to choose between a property tax bill and food is just misinformed.

If Al did his homework he would see that the elderly folks in the Oakdale area do not choose taxes over food. It is also unlikely that any retired fixed income homeowners in our area is suffering from a job loss, gas and food increases, loss of medicines or from home foreclosure or that a few dollars a month in taxes will bring any of these problems to anyone living in our community.

Al McCarty of Oakdale is a concerned citizen as all of us are and he has the right to speak out.

I just wish when the Al's of the world before speaking out about issues that are REAL and IMPORTANT that they get their information strait instead of passing fear and dismay as a fact.

What you should be doing Al McCarty of Oakdale is demanding that better medical facilities closer to YOUR home get built so YOU and YOUR loved ones or neighbors in a emergency will not have to travel to Modesto or Manteca. You do know the price of gas these days.

You should demand that YOUR community has the best up to date facilities that will entice the best medical professionals to live and work here in OUR community.
You should be concerned about the quality of life in YOUR community.
You should also encourage others and help with making this all happen.

This is the type of help our community is looking for.

I say if you want to help

Get real…. Ask the right questions….get informed.

Then speak up and most of all….. VOTE……Vote Yes On Q
kidfromnyc

United States

#4 Jul 30, 2008
we do not need a new hospital building especially if the present one can be retrofitted. a new building is just an ego trip for the administrator and doctors, the ceo makes 300000/year lives in a million dollar house doesn't sound like he needs anything ;my beef is over the situating the election so that us republicans don't get a chance to down this second attempt, we said no in april,,,and when our tax dollar in the form of free land goes to rich doctors it is time the tax payers
take action!!!!!!!!!!vote no
Concerned Citizen

Stockton, CA

#5 Jul 30, 2008
kidfromnyc wrote:
;my beef is over the situating the election so that us republicans don't get a chance to down this second attempt,
being republican and a supporter of the gay communinty does not mean you have to vote no on Q....do so would be just an excuse to use a lot of bull to TRY stop what should be done to protect your community.

Republicans like me have our EYES OPEN to the facts and we can tell when someone is spouting retorick. Those who I have read about telling how and why they are Voting No are totaly misinformed and should be thinking about what is best for our community.

When and if you need emergency care from the paramedics at ODVH they do not ask you are you a republican or gay.

Being very concerned that I will have to go an extra 20 miles to seek emergency care because of republicans...I don't think so they need care just like everyone else.

I do belive most will republicans and folks in the gay community will do vote and will vote yes on Q just like I will.

A republican
kidfromnyc

United States

#6 Aug 1, 2008
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
being republican and a supporter of the gay communinty does not mean you have to vote no on Q....do so would be just an excuse to use a lot of bull to TRY stop what should be done to protect your community.
Republicans like me have our EYES OPEN to the facts and we can tell when someone is spouting retorick. Those who I have read about telling how and why they are Voting No are totaly misinformed and should be thinking about what is best for our community.
When and if you need emergency care from the paramedics at ODVH they do not ask you are you a republican or gay.
Being very concerned that I will have to go an extra 20 miles to seek emergency care because of republicans...I don't think so they need care just like everyone else.
I do belive most will republicans and folks in the gay community will do vote and will vote yes on Q just like I will.
A republican
the vote for this major building should be left to the voters,not some ?credentialled administrator like MR FRIEL,,we have a choice retrofit which is cheaper,or build new,,how come this choice was not put to the voters? could corruption be at hand?or incompetence? what are Mr friels credentials/ to make such a big decision? Has he ever administrated over a new hospital building project? how come 4 years after the first ballot nothing got done? incompetence? or ineptitude? or both I think the Mayor needs to look into this matter or maybe the COURTS
Concerned Citizen

Stockton, CA

#7 Aug 1, 2008
Mr Freil... a person to whom I have never met so I will not stick up for him and those who try to use him as a excuse for not voting yes on Q are incompetent and have no clue what is at stake.

Put your self in his shoes.

His creditial? WOW you should have thought about that before you allowed him to run the hospital.

the statement you make here kidfromnyc.. Kid from New york city who lives in Oaklahoma City Oklahoma
Tells me you are incompetitent and have no clue what we do here in California.

Stick to New YorK City because no one in California cares what a Kid from New Your City living in Oklahoma has to say about our community.

If you were from our area you would be Kid from Oakdale and if you were you would know Mr Friel is credintailed and educated in the right areas needed to do his job.

Just because he made a error in a field of which he has little experiance like dealing with reporters does not make him incompetent in running a hospital.

go back to NYC
yes On Q

Stockton, CA

#8 Aug 1, 2008
Kid from new York City Living in Oklahoma

I guess you do things differently in NYC Kid.

This vote is in the hands of the community.

You knowlege on the subject is less that my 4 years old.

Besides why does it take the governing bodies who approve Hopital plans 4 years to approve them and why does it cost $5 million to do so?

Is this not the question you should ask.

I just wish those who make comments in a public place would acualy know what thay are talkng about.

Like you Kid from New York City living in Oklahoma.

You are incompetent and have no clue what we do here in California or what our isues are other then what you read in BLOGS.

Get a life.

Vote yes On Q
kidfromnyc

United States

#9 Aug 4, 2008
name callig is ok for some democrats because the truth hurts and i know that when a hospital has to ask for more money there is something wrong with their fiscal policy.it would seem most hospitals make plenty of money and can support them selves.
but look at the community 1-hershey left and their tax support is gone2-the cannery in riverbank left also more taxes gone,3the army factory for bullets closed4-arnold is cutting state employees5- all these employees paid private insurance..medicare does not pay for private rooms nor will the supplimental insurance pay so granny looses the house so some can have a new building in town,and no new doctors,no new heart doctors no plastic surgery,nothing new just a broken down hospital in a new building charging more for the same service
kidfromnyc

United States

#10 Aug 4, 2008
Shirley Vieira wrote:
I am a senior and I am definitely voting YES on Measure Q. Consider the following, for those of us on Medicare and potentially needing a local Emergency Room or an ambulance. Ambulance rides are charged at a base rate plus a per mile fee. An ambulance ride to Modesto could cost me $ 1,500.00 for the co-pay. The ride to the hospital would take at least 25 minutes and that doesn’t include the time it would take the ambulance to even get to me. For any type of trauma, stroke, heart attack, car accident etc, the first 30 minutes is the most critical, literally the difference between life or death, full recovery or disability. Many seniors in the district have lived in their homes a long time and have a tax assessed value of $ 50,000 or less. The average additional tax for Measure Q for a home assessed at $ 50,000 will be $ 6.06 per year or 50 cents a month. The average additional property tax for a home with an assessed value of $ 100,000 will be $ 12.13 per year or $ 1.01 per month. The co-pay for one ambulance ride to Modesto at $ 12.13 per year would take me 123 years to pay off. This bond is for 30 years and my life and my family’s lives are worth it. Vote Yes On Measure Q .
go a head and vote yes but medicare doesn't pay for private rooms so you will pay much more and in an expensive hospital ,you don't want to go to memorial for something you probably will be transfered for,,then wait until you get the new hospital bill from the new hospital i say vote no and save your money
kidfromnyc

United States

#11 Aug 4, 2008
yes On Q wrote:
Kid from new York City Living in Oklahoma
I guess you do things differently in NYC Kid.
This vote is in the hands of the community.
You knowlege on the subject is less that my 4 years old.
Besides why does it take the governing bodies who approve Hopital plans 4 years to approve them and why does it cost $5 million to do so?
Is this not the question you should ask.
I just wish those who make comments in a public place would acualy know what thay are talkng about.
Like you Kid from New York City living in Oklahoma.
You are incompetent and have no clue what we do here in California or what our isues are other then what you read in BLOGS.
Get a life.
Vote yes On Q
you ask good questions about why does it?
why was a new office building put up first?
why was hospital tax free land given to the doctors free for their building?
why is a hospital paying $300000 when they cannot afford to build their own hospital out of profits,,every hospital does?
why another ballot when the first said no?
what good is a new building with private rooms when medicare will not pay for private,,are going to pay this increase,maybe you are rich? but some cannot afford it.
california has prop 13 but sound like voting on taxes keeps going on and on until it passes.
and you think new is better? some of the best hospitals are not new but have new services which you will not get with this pink elephant so vote no on Q
kidfromnyc

United States

#12 Aug 4, 2008
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Mr Freil... a person to whom I have never met so I will not stick up for him and those who try to use him as a excuse for not voting yes on Q are incompetent and have no clue what is at stake.
Put your self in his shoes.
His creditial? WOW you should have thought about that before you allowed him to run the hospital.
the statement you make here kidfromnyc.. Kid from New york city who lives in Oaklahoma City Oklahoma
Tells me you are incompetitent and have no clue what we do here in California.
Stick to New YorK City because no one in California cares what a Kid from New Your City living in Oklahoma has to say about our community.
If you were from our area you would be Kid from Oakdale and if you were you would know Mr Friel is credintailed and educated in the right areas needed to do his job.
Just because he made a error in a field of which he has little experiance like dealing with reporters does not make him incompetent in running a hospital.
go back to NYC
dear sir there are plenty of thing that you bring up but a wrong..what is mr friel's credentials he has none,,except an RN degree,
there is no MBA from Stanford business school,where is his cost analysis of retrofitting to new,what advantages is this new building going to provide? private rooms..medicare and most insurance will not pay for private so you will pay more,,but get absolutely nothing more
it will be the same old stuff you get now.
so all you get is a new building and a new bill if and when you go to the hospital....they like the rest of CHW will just overcharge more
Vote yes On Q

Stockton, CA

#13 Aug 5, 2008
Kid from NYC Hersheys closed down the canneries gone and now you want for the hospital to be gone too. The only thing left to go is you.

You accuse others of things you know nothing about. Such as Oakdale Vally hospital of over charging and getting a fine for doing so.

Your questions are better show you know nothing about Oakdale Mr friel or any of the issues other than what you read in blogs.

why don't you come to the meeting and ask your pitiful questions.
Vote yes On Q

Stockton, CA

#14 Aug 5, 2008
why was a new office building put up first? Because the doctors paid for it with thier money.
why was hospital tax free land given to the doctors free for their building?
no tax free anything was given to anyone
why is a hospital paying $300000 when they cannot afford to build their own hospital out of profits,,every hospital does?
very hospital does not do as you are stating
The hospital is a community hospital owned by the community and they do spend profits on heart scanners and other MILLION dollar machines
why another ballot when the first said no?
Hello MC FLY did you not read why?
Everyone knows you are upset your buddy did not get the bid to build the hospital and now your belley aching. What a cry baby.
Like I said KID From NYC no one cares about what anyone has to say from NYC or Oklahoma here in California especially here in Oakdale.

vote yes on Q
Vote yes On Q

Stockton, CA

#15 Aug 5, 2008
Kid from NYC you are so helpful first you want a hospital but when your Buddy did not get the bid you what everyone to vote no.
it seems to me you have issues that go beyond tax bills or medicare issues. Especially when you have all your FACTS wrong.
You want new doctors but you don't want a better facility...oh I am wrong again you would want new doctors only IF your buddy got the bid to build a new facility.

If I was you living in Oklahoma Kid from NYC I would stick closer to home on issues that concern you. Besides someday your buddy might just need to use a hospital and since he is a wealthy business owner I am sure he would like a private room too. Oh but your sugesstion to go to another hospital only sends job and money to a community that is not our own.

Lets close the hospital and see 500 jobs and 50 million go to another town ...boy you are so smart I wish I had your brians.
NOT
Vote yes On Q

Stockton, CA

#16 Aug 5, 2008
Kid From New York City living in Oklahoma

What credentials do you have?
It seems to me your credentials are a B..S... degree in spreading confusion and lies you got from a Kracker Jack Box.

What relationship do you have with the Escalon Builder who did not get the bid?

Everyone involved knows you are just upset your buddy did not get the bid so you try to make everyone look bad when the only one looking bad is you KID from New York Living in Oklahoma.

I wonder what support you would give our community all the way from Oklahoma if your buddy did get the bid to build the hospital.

When one looks at your blogs and comments that you put every where it is apparent you are very upset your buddy did not get the bid.

What cry baby!

Modesto Bee endorsed the project along with the Teachers, Firemen, the Mayor, Oakdale Citizen of the Year 2007, Business owners and regular residents all from our community.
We do not need your endorsement coming from Oklahoma.

If you are a member of our community and you don't like it show up at the meetings and explain yourself there instead of spreading lies on the internet.

Like I said my 4 year old knows more about this project than you do Kid From NYC.

All you know is that your buddy did not get the bid so you feel you must speak up and tell everyone how incompetent they are for not choosing your buddy to build the hospital.

How pitiful....

Vote yes on Q and build a better community.
Stop the closing and loss of jobs.

I use this hospital and do not want to spend my time or money in Modesto or Manteca if I did I would have moved there.

Keep our jobs ....keep our community strong.

Vote yes On Q

kidfromnyc

United States

#17 Aug 5, 2008
Vote yes On Q wrote:
why was a new office building put up first? Because the doctors paid for it with thier money.
why was hospital tax free land given to the doctors free for their building?
no tax free anything was given to anyone
why is a hospital paying $300000 when they cannot afford to build their own hospital out of profits,,every hospital does?
very hospital does not do as you are stating
The hospital is a community hospital owned by the community and they do spend profits on heart scanners and other MILLION dollar machines
why another ballot when the first said no?
Hello MC FLY did you not read why?
Everyone knows you are upset your buddy did not get the bid to build the hospital and now your belley aching. What a cry baby.
Like I said KID From NYC no one cares about what anyone has to say from NYC or Oklahoma here in California especially here in Oakdale.
vote yes on Q
you don't obviously know what you are talking about, first the free land the land on which there is a new doctors building was hospital district land on which it recieves a tax exemption, when it gave the doctors this land estimated value was 10 million dollars they put their building on it,so the land is free they did not pay for it period
non profit hospitals spend all their money on freebys,salaries and new buildings, if the hospital is a 50 million dollar generator then they could easily afford to pay, or are money being misappropriate as in the free land deal,,,are the doctors salaries being supported with hospital collected money?
this hospital has not bought any multi-million dollar equipment in the past 5 years.
you want private rooms well medicare part A will not pay for this so you get a bigger bill
obviously you don't get the point about elections
so i guess if they vote down prop 13 after several votes it would not bother you especially if the vote was rigged?
kidfromnyc

United States

#18 Aug 5, 2008
Vote yes On Q wrote:
Kid from NYC Hersheys closed down the canneries gone and now you want for the hospital to be gone too. The only thing left to go is you.
You accuse others of things you know nothing about. Such as Oakdale Vally hospital of over charging and getting a fine for doing so.
Your questions are better show you know nothing about Oakdale Mr friel or any of the issues other than what you read in blogs.
why don't you come to the meeting and ask your pitiful questions.
from your point of view you do not know what are the issues it has nothing to do with the hospital going or staying that is not what is important. CHW was fined for overcharging the oak valley hospital district is part of CHW so what do you expect. i know of several people that were treated at this hospital who were overcharged that is a fact.
the new hospital will be able to charge more for the hospital bed because they are private,so medicare part A will not cover this so you and some other elderly will loose their house because you want a new building.
I have no concern who got the bid just that it wasn't to the lowest bidder,or it wasn't open to more bidders.As well as to banks for financing
so vote NO on Q
kidfromnyc

United States

#19 Aug 5, 2008
Vote yes On Q wrote:
Kid from NYC you are so helpful first you want a hospital but when your Buddy did not get the bid you what everyone to vote no.
it seems to me you have issues that go beyond tax bills or medicare issues. Especially when you have all your FACTS wrong.
You want new doctors but you don't want a better facility...oh I am wrong again you would want new doctors only IF your buddy got the bid to build a new facility.
If I was you living in Oklahoma Kid from NYC I would stick closer to home on issues that concern you. Besides someday your buddy might just need to use a hospital and since he is a wealthy business owner I am sure he would like a private room too. Oh but your sugesstion to go to another hospital only sends job and money to a community that is not our own.
Lets close the hospital and see 500 jobs and 50 million go to another town ...boy you are so smart I wish I had your brians.
NOT
you have the facts wrong yourself,
first no new treatments are coming just because of a new building,no new doctors are coming to town so don't look for them: private rooms
medicare Part A will NOT pay for this so you will be stuck with the difference.
you have a closed candy factory ,a closed bullet making factory,closed canning factories,the new homes are in foreclosure, the sales tax is going up according to Arnold, stock market is going to hell, Arnold is cutting state salaries and you think new doctors are coming ?there is no business in oakdale how are they going to make a living? vote no on Q save your money until thing get better
steve

Stockton, CA

#20 Aug 31, 2008
vote no on q

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waterford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Nov '07) Jun 19 j-snyder 232
News East Bay water district will sue to fight state... Jun 16 Tammy 1
Walmart in Oakdale? (Aug '07) Jun 13 Mexican 14
OAKDALE (NWO) FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMP being bui... (Nov '08) Jun 10 freedomfighter76 124
Mrs moller May '15 proud mother 3
blake barry (Aug '14) Aug '14 lisa 1
News MID considers customer ATMs, solar rebates, sto... (Jul '14) Aug '14 Alison Young 2
More from around the web

Waterford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Waterford Mortgages