Don't Drink the Water at Wasco State Prison

Jul 23, 2010 Full story: Santa Barbara Independent 214

This is a story about a real-life situation here in Wasco State Prison. To be honest with you I didn't want to share this, but I'll tell you my side of the story as I seen it! Oh yeah, also living in it! I am in WSP as an inmate without proper drinking water.

Full Story
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Since: Jul 10

United States

#1 Jul 26, 2010
I got a letter from my husband who said that the water at WSPRC had E-coli in it. Wasco is in a farming community just outside of Kern County. This is horrible, as a retired nurse, E-coli although we have it in our bodies naturally, but drinking it is far worse. It can cause lower GI problems if not corrected. Our STATE Prisons all over the Valley have this problem, and the STATE doesn't give a damn! Even their own staff have become sicken by this. E-coli can cause rashes and death if not treated. Damn this STATE!
sue

Fresno, CA

#2 Jul 26, 2010
thats gross
Gabriela juarez

San Jose, CA

#4 Jul 27, 2010
I think my fiance was transfer to arizona on friday n i wanna know where i can find imformation about him if somebody can help please i priciated!!!
Gabriela juarez

San Jose, CA

#5 Jul 27, 2010
Yes my husband told me the same thing about the water that sucks!!

Nipomo, CA

#6 Jul 28, 2010
Gabriela juarez wrote:
Yes my husband told me the same thing about the water that sucks!!
The state water community doesn't seem to understand that E-coli in the water is very dangerous. I have only gotten one letter from my husband since he went to Wasco. He's in reception and I imagine will be there till he paroles in Nov I hope......Once he gets out Im taking him to a doctor here in our county and getting him a complete check up. Ca is one messy state. Maybe the Governor of CA would like to drink water tainted with E-coli!

Nipomo, CA

#7 Jul 28, 2010
Gabriela juarez wrote:
Where can i find information about my husband!!
If he is in reception, call the prison directly and ask to speak to someone in records. They can give you his bed #, CDC # if he is new, his dorm and mailing address. Mail takes two weeks for him to get it, and vice versa. I was thinking of sending my hubby 20 books of stamps so he could trade for canteen stuff. I hope to hear from him this week.
nancy

Dallas, TX

#8 Jul 30, 2010
im worried for my boyfriend. what?exactly is e-coli? what it does to u? please someone help with the info. thanks!
Susanna

Arroyo Grande, CA

#9 Jul 30, 2010
nancy wrote:
im worried for my boyfriend. what?exactly is e-coli? what it does to u? please someone help with the info. thanks!
E-coli is a baterica that forms in drinking water. Contaminated by either livestock or germs that are unprocessed by our state water control board. We all have e-coli in our bodies however persons with autoimmune problems like Hep C or Aids become infected with E-coli with in the human body it can cause problems with both the upper and lower GI tract. Direhha that is severe, cramps and skin rashes are the most common if left untreated. The majority of CA state prisons that have e-coli in their water systems include those in the Valleys of CA which are, Wasco, Kern,
Delano, Taft, Shafter, Salinas, Soledad, Ca Men's Colony. With Wasco for example and the overcrowding of this prison there is not suitable drinking water. Wasco is outside of Bakersfield in a farming community, also known as a rural community. My husband said in a letter that the water was tainted with E-coli which in my opinion cause's concern that our state can not or will not provide clean water to drink. He said there was a memo to the inmates to boil their drinking water and to not drink the water from the taps. How the hell are inmates suppose to boil their water in the Reception of Wasco? These are just a few of the questions I ponder. The State will not confirm these issues but since coming to this board, and the story I read from a Santa Barbara Newspaper, I have to hand it to our prison systems that the state just doesn't give a s#$t about either the inmates or their own staff members. He has had issues since being there the end of June. I haven't heard from him now for 3 weeks, and I wonder if he is ill from the water. I don't know what to do other then complain to our State Water Board and demand that they provide clean drinking water for all, regardless if they are inmates or staff. Susanna
Raquel

United States

#10 Jul 30, 2010
So what can be done? I'm knew to the whole wasco thing my sons dad will be there soon still in county but how can I help to not get him sick he already has health issues...
nancy

Dallas, TX

#11 Jul 31, 2010
i am amazed of how ignorent and selfish people can be. susana all this info u jus gave me made me more even concerned for my boyfriend. im with u. how can we demand for clean water for all the inmates and staff.? if u have a plan SUSANA please let me know. MAY GOD BLESS AND PROTECT ALL THE INMATES. HOPE ALL U LADIES THAT HAVE BOYFRIENDS..HUSBANDS..BROTHERS ..SONS..ECT ECT THEY ARE FINE. CANT WAIT TO HEAR SOON?FROM MY BOYFRIEND IM SUPER CONCERN AND MAD. I ALSO HOPE HE KNOWS ABOUT THE WATER PROBLEM. IN MY CASE ME ANDMY MOTHER IN LAW WILL TEAM UP TO SEND ENOUGH MONEY FOR MY BOYFRIEND SO HE WONTHAVE TO DRINK WATER INSTEAD JUICE OR SODA OR MILK..WHATEVER BUT NOT WATER..{ S U S A N A } email me at yadira_lbc19@yahoo.com. THANKS NANCY!.
Susanna

Nipomo, CA

#12 Jul 31, 2010
Raquel wrote:
So what can be done? I'm knew to the whole wasco thing my sons dad will be there soon still in county but how can I help to not get him sick he already has health issues...
I wrote a letter yesterday to the Governor of CA in reference to the water issue at all the prisons that are effected by the E-coli in the water, not like I am expecting ol' Arnie to do anything. I was thinking of a petition to CDC and the Governors office and possibily of going to the media with it, like a local TV station in Kern County. I worry about my husband too, and when this first came to light I got really pissed! How can they allow this? E-coli is dangerous to anyone who already has immune system problems. I can't wait for him to get the hell out of there. You can email me @ phd58@att.net and we can talk. Maybe we can get others to sign a petition including the inmates and presented it to the media and the governor and the state water commissioner. Anything is worth a try....And Im no quitter when it comes to my man having to endure this type of abuse. Someone said the prison brought in a cooler with water bottles in it, but if you have 300 inmates and one cooler, what good is that going to do. I haven't heard from my hubby in 3 weeks now, and of course the prison isn't going to give you an answer. We could of course write the warden of the prison and voice our concerns and demand safe water for all who are in there whether staff or inmates.....Just a thought. Get back to me, and I will write down your email too. Susanna
Susanna

United States

#13 Jul 31, 2010
nancy wrote:
i am amazed of how ignorent and selfish people can be. susana all this info u jus gave me made me more even concerned for my boyfriend. im with u. how can we demand for clean water for all the inmates and staff.? if u have a plan SUSANA please let me know. MAY GOD BLESS AND PROTECT ALL THE INMATES. HOPE ALL U LADIES THAT HAVE BOYFRIENDS..HUSBANDS..BROTHERS ..SONS..ECT ECT THEY ARE FINE. CANT WAIT TO HEAR SOON?FROM MY BOYFRIEND IM SUPER CONCERN AND MAD. I ALSO HOPE HE KNOWS ABOUT THE WATER PROBLEM. IN MY CASE ME ANDMY MOTHER IN LAW WILL TEAM UP TO SEND ENOUGH MONEY FOR MY BOYFRIEND SO HE WONTHAVE TO DRINK WATER INSTEAD JUICE OR SODA OR MILK..WHATEVER BUT NOT WATER..{ S U S A N A } email me at yadira_lbc19@yahoo.com. THANKS NANCY!.
look at my lastest post. I will email u too. Susanna
so sad

Victorville, CA

#14 Aug 1, 2010
welcome to corporate run america where the dollar is king and the politicians make our laws according to what the corporate lobbyists, not the people, decide
nancy

Dallas, TX

#15 Aug 2, 2010
hey i finaly got a letter from my boyfriend. tought it was gona take long to hear from him. i havent read the letter until tomorrow wen my mother in law gives it to me. im anxious but still concern. ummmm SUSANA i got ur email. will email u soon as i can. and yes we should all get together and write a pettition for this unsafely problem. lets all get together and do something right for others not only for our man but for other inmates that arent as lucky as our men.
whatever

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Aug 2, 2010
you people are rediculous! these inmates are there for being criminals...if you've been a victim of a crime...or have criminal relative or friend in this place(but your in denial of the fact that they are criminals)? who give a rat ass if they have clean water...as far as many of us are concerned...they should just be lined up and shot instead of paying for taxes "hotel wasco"....enjoy your stay my ass!!!
whatever

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Aug 2, 2010
wake up people! yes you and i pay for these criminals stay at "wasco resort"....these inmates are in the big house not at your local city jail morrons! these inmates are better fed than many children in this country! booo hooo! my criminal son, boyfriend, husband doesnt get clean water! shut up people!!!!!!!!!!
Susanna

San Luis Obispo, CA

#18 Aug 3, 2010
Hey stupid, rub it in your chest. You probably don't know what that comment means,but then again it doesn't matter. Inmates and GUARDS and other STAFF are also using this water. Understand? Also communities where others live are having water issues.YES pinhead I pay taxes for your information, but E-coli is serious business. Better fed? Inmates at local county jails at least in slo county are fed meals at a tune of 22 cents a day. Whoppie as you choke down that Whopper at Carls Jr. Regardless what they did,WE all DESERVE clean drinking water. Unless you have not drank tainted water before and got sick from it, your a pinhead. Heartless, cold, and probably NO soul. Oh and by the way, while these people get sick staff, guards or inmates, remember dear, they HAVE to be treated by DOCTORS TO GET RID OF THE INFECTION E-COLI CAUSE'S. Go cry on someone's else's board about what a uncaring pos you are. YOU make me sick and I don't drink tainted water! Not everyone like you apparently is concerned about dirty water.
But if you ever get E-coli from a water source, believe me you will get a better idea of what we are talking about!
Susanna

San Luis Obispo, CA

#19 Aug 3, 2010
whatever wrote:
you people are rediculous! these inmates are there for being criminals...if you've been a victim of a crime...or have criminal relative or friend in this place(but your in denial of the fact that they are criminals)? who give a rat ass if they have clean water...as far as many of us are concerned...they should just be lined up and shot instead of paying for taxes "hotel wasco"....enjoy your stay my ass!!!
Oh P.S."whatever" like duh we know why are family or friends are there, we know they broke the law, we except that, Wasco isn't a resort, but this discussion isn't about the prison itself.Its about the water conditions. And by the way "whatever" I am a member that sponors dogs and cats and a little boy in India, at a tune of 40.00 per month each. Rub that in your chest, you uneducated moron..........
Missing my Dum Dum

San Bernardino, CA

#20 Aug 3, 2010
Sorry girls I'm new to all this my hubby got trasfered to Wasco this morning I heard there's no calls but where do I write to now n how long is the reception process it's his first time in jail too plz help
Missing my Dum Dum

San Bernardino, CA

#21 Aug 3, 2010
I don't want him to get sick how could I let him know not to drink that water

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waterford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 7 hr g 2,270
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 9 hr zhuzhamm 5,079
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 11 hr Ultraman 200,968
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 14 hr Pizza 16,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Wed Blazing saddles 7,954
OAKDALE (NWO) FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMP being bui... (Nov '08) Sep 16 🙈🙈 99
the robert woody situation (Mar '14) Sep 15 jomama 5
•••
•••
•••

Waterford Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Waterford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE