Help Save Peter the Moose

Jul 30, 2009 Full story: WCAX-TV Burlington 28

Earlier this week we brought you the story of Peter the Moose. He was rescued and raised by a man in Irasburg, but there's a problem; the state of Vermont does not allow people to own wild animals, so Peter the Moose has to go.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lyle

Québec, Canada

#22 Nov 28, 2009
We met David when we went to visit Pete a couple of months ago now. I personally have not met Doug Nelson, but my fiancée lives in Derby Center, barely an elk's bugle from The Cow Palace, so she knows him.

I agree that Beth is doing an excellent job, and with any luck the additional support coming now from all over the US and all over the world, will make a difference.

You are right of course. It's all about politics and power. Basically a witchhunt
Anna

Millsboro, DE

#23 Dec 1, 2009
Hi lyle
is there any fether info on peter and is peter saved.
from
your last hope ANNA
Lyle

Québec, Canada

#24 Dec 1, 2009
Hi Anna;

Pete is still alive and well, but he`s not out of the woods yet (bad pun).

Let`s just hope the ever increasing publicity will put enough pressure on the Governor`s office and Fish and Wildlife to make a difference.
Anna

Millsboro, DE

#25 Dec 2, 2009
dear lyle
is it pete or peter
also do you think he will go out in the wilderness and do you want him to go in the wilderness
do you think we are harassing the gov

from
ANNA
Lyle

Sherbrooke, Canada

#26 Dec 2, 2009
Well Anna, since he is a moose I doubt his mother named him either Pete OR Peter. I suspect she called him "Hmmmph, hmmmph, hmmmph."

But he likes his friends to call him Pete, and reserves the more formal Peter for casual acquaintances and enemies.

But seriously, no, Pete cannot go out into the wild. He has no fear of people or vehicles or predators. If a car or dogs did not kill him he would certainly die next fall when hunting season came around again.

I certainly hope we are harassing the governor, as well as the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Commissioner. That is the goal, after all.
Anna

Millsboro, DE

#27 Dec 4, 2009
Dear Lyle
why do u want to harass the gov wont they be mad at us?Also is there a posability that he will die and what would be the % of him dieing
VERMONT ANIMAL WHISPERER

Essex Junction, VT

#28 Dec 5, 2009
Did anyone go to the rally in burlington today ? I have out of town, The dead line is tomorrow is it not? Let me know what I can do
Donna
good night
Lyle

Québec, Canada

#29 Dec 5, 2009
Hi Anna and Donna.

Donna, the rally was postponed until next Saturday, same time same place. And the deadline is January 5.

Anna, perhaps the word harass is not the right one. What might be better to say is `pressure`the government to change their official stand and to talk with the other side of the issue.

The solution out forth by Beth and Pete`s other top people is to make the inside of the elk compound into a sanctuary for native wildlife. I believe they mean injured and orphaned animals, but don`t quote me on that.

Personally I think the chances of them carrying through with the slaughter of the animals is getitng lower all the time. Public opinion is getting too strong. But it`s still too early to rejoice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waterbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Patriotism to bloom at flower show (Aug '14) Aug '14 jenniferzara 3
News Doug Racine out at Vermont Agency of Human Serv... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Anne O Toole 2
News Dummerston skeptical of solar deal (Feb '14) Aug '14 Bob Story 4
News Morrisville woman to head Stowe Land Trust (Nov '13) Dec '13 Bagfasher 2
News New Vt. psychiatric hospital under construction... (Jan '13) Apr '13 Anonymous 23
News Police: Couple dealt drugs in front of toddler (Oct '12) Oct '12 salina lyn 1
News Marino Bartolomei Joins TD Bank as Store Manage... (Nov '11) Dec '11 banker 2
Waterbury Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Waterbury People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]