Help Save Peter the Moose

Help Save Peter the Moose

There are 28 comments on the WCAX-TV Burlington story from Jul 30, 2009, titled Help Save Peter the Moose. In it, WCAX-TV Burlington reports that:

Earlier this week we brought you the story of Peter the Moose. He was rescued and raised by a man in Irasburg, but there's a problem; the state of Vermont does not allow people to own wild animals, so Peter the Moose has to go.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCAX-TV Burlington.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The VT Animal Whisperer

Essex Junction, VT

#1 Jul 31, 2009
Rutting season is about to begin and Peter will be in a new chapter of his life, Soon he may totally forget about this wonderful, kind and loving man named David.
Once this young man, Peter has his hormones on the loose all he will be thinking about are all the does and.........
Now he is back to the wild and Mother Nature
The VT Animal Whisperer

Essex Junction, VT

#2 Aug 2, 2009
Now the "WITCH HUNT BEGINS".
As one of the individuals who admitted saving a helpless life are targets by our state game and wildlife commissioner. In my heart I did the correct thing
Lyle

Chicoutimi, Canada

#4 Nov 3, 2009
The fight is far from over.
Pete and his friends thank you for posting this

http://www.addixion.net/SavePete.html
Olivia nicole Thornberry

Lewes, DE

#5 Nov 24, 2009
i belive pete will die if he is out in the wild during hunting season(anna)I do think that you should not kill PETER it would be animal curlity!!!!!!!!!!Olivia )i think you should not kill peter because all mooses will be mad.(grace) i would be so mad because i am a kid and i belive in wourld peace and saving animals and plants i will be a vet so i want peter to LIVE. SAVE PETER THE MOOSE PETER DESERVIES TO LIVE BYE(Anna)I think that the gov.would be mean if they killed PETER(olivia)
Andy

Knoxville, TN

#6 Nov 24, 2009
How wonderful this world would be if we had more people that took care of animals and loved them.
loree graley

Greenville, NC

#7 Nov 25, 2009
save peter i saw this on the national news i cant fathom that one little moose can cause such a disruption to the wildlife in Vt. i have traveled to vt for yrs and it is beautiful and tranquil it bothers me to think the game and wildlife would KILL such a beautiful animal.the moose sought shelter with the farmer and they have an incredible bond are we not supposed to care for all animals? THE LORD GAVE US THIS RESPONSIBILITY! SEEMS LIKE TO THE GAME WARDEN THAT PETER IS JUST A NUISANCE AND THE EASIEST WAY TO RELIVE HIMSELF OF THE BURDEN. what a grinch no holiday spirit there! AS FAR AS I RECALL THE MOOSE IS AN ICON OF STOWE VT.MAYBE HE WOULD DO WELL ON THE VONTRAPP FARMS OR SUROUNDING AREA LETS ALL SAVE PETER AND ALL OUR BELOVED FRIENDS WITH FUR.
Lyle

Montréal, Canada

#8 Nov 25, 2009
Loree, don't forget there is more here than Peter. There are some 200 wild deer and moose inside the elk compound, all of whom are marked for removal (governmentspeak for slaughter.

Olivia? There are places you can write, places your parents can call. We just have to keep hounding the people with the power.
But time is short. Barely a month remains before the deadline.

Anna

Millsboro, DE

#9 Nov 25, 2009
lyle do you thin peter will die i will be soooo sad if he does IDEA maybe they could give part of a forest or something to all mooses or to the females (PETER to) do you think th gov will do it ill be sad if pete(r) dies. i fell bad for the old gut who took care of him because he might die bye bye lyle my mom told me off the computer
Lyle

Gatineau, Canada

#10 Nov 25, 2009
Hi Anna;

Sadly, Pete and the others WILL be killed on or around January 5th unless enough the growing publicity and uproar over the issue makes it political suicide to do so. I don't know how old you are, but you seem like a smart girl so I won't talk down to you, but excuse me if I get too complicated.

I have personally met Pete, Patty, and Paul and have followed the story for some time. I have reached out and scratched his neck and had him rub back against my hand. This is a friendly and harmless creature. And there is absolutely NO evidence of CWD within the elk enclosure, and certainly not in any of the native wildlife.

The national exposure this week by ABC news has helped bring the animals' plight to the forefront. These are the thigns we need more of. If you have seen my "SavePete" page you will see a link to sign a petition for him. Every little bit helps, so show your parents the link and urge them to sign it. It's a small issue in the grand scheme of things, but if we all take care of the small issues then the big ones will take care of themselves.
VERMONT ANIMAL WHISPERER

Essex Junction, VT

#11 Nov 26, 2009
Good Morning,
I think I may have an idea. If we can get people all over the world to Email the WCAX TELEVISION in Burlington Vt and the Gov.of Vermont , about Peter and the elk it will show that there is a world wide plea for humanity.
Lets tell every one that that know..........I will work on it from here.
Donna
sue

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Nov 26, 2009
If we're going to randomly kill animals, then how about shooting perpetually barking dogs that continuously disturb the neighborhood peace on a daily basis???
Peter the moose is a beautiful, majestic, harmless creature that has been saved and preserved by David out of love and respect for life. I thought the FWO is there to do the same (so much for my donations)..... Think outside of your box FWO and get creative: where there is a problem there is a solution.
Anna

Millsboro, DE

#13 Nov 26, 2009
hi lyle

im 10 do you nthink we should have a help save peter party so we can earn money to save peter how old are you? Are you a veternarian i will be sooooo sad if pete(r)- is it pete or peter- dies what about you
VERMONT ANIMAL WHISPERER

Essex Junction, VT

#14 Nov 26, 2009
Hi Anna, I live about 45 minutes from Peter. No you should not raise money , appreciate the wonderful thought. I have an idea tho. On Craigslist you can visit any city, state and country. You can email to other places and ask them to write to the Gov. of Vermont to stop Peter and the other critters from being destroyed,
Also email <[email protected]> She is the young lady who does the news here and is trying to help save the animals. I will look up the Gov. at the state capitol for you to write to.
I have been writing to major cities in the US to remind everyone. I also put this <topix for others to write to.
Have a happy holiday Have you seen photos of Peter?
Donna
Anna wrote:
hi lyle
im 10 do you nthink we should have a help save peter party so we can earn money to save peter how old are you? Are you a veternarian i will be sooooo sad if pete(r)- is it pete or peter- dies what about you
Lyle

Holyoke, MA

#15 Nov 26, 2009
Anna wrote:
hi lyle
Well Anna, raising money in Pete's behalf is not really what it will take. if you want to have a "Save Pete Party" make it an informational thing, not a monetary thing. Get each interested person, and their parents if they are in your age bracket, to do the things we are suggesting.

Donna has made good suggestions. One of them was writing to Ms Carlson at WCAX. I have done that and her response was quick and positive. Write Gov. Douglas. Write Ellen Degenerese. Write Oprah. Write Greenpeace! In fact, write everyone you can think of.

At the place we are now, staring a January 5 deadline in the face, we need to make this as big an issue as possible.

If you use facebook, add "Peter Moose" as a friend. Pete updates almost every day, even though it is difficult to type with those big hooves.

And no, I am not a veterinarian. I am just a 49 year old man who loves nature and animals.
Anna

Millsboro, DE

#16 Nov 27, 2009
to lyle

are you the man who has peter because i would be happy to talk to you to get some info on peter write back soon right the date ok i want to know when your on so we can chat all we want together!.
from
Anna
VERMONT ANIMAL WHISPERER

Essex Junction, VT

#17 Nov 27, 2009
Hi Anna,
The man who rescued Peter does not have a computer but Christine Carlson or I can help you with getting a message. David Lawrence is the persons name. I can give you his home address if you wish, He is one super compassion man. He and his wonderful wife are about the best people for miles around. They live way out in the country and live very primitive.
I am going to Coventry early this next week. Write a letter to your Gov. see if he can help.
I have a website with many animals. www.vtanimalwhisperer.com
I will try to get some of Peter on there ASAP for you.
Donna

[
Lyle

Montréal, Canada

#18 Nov 27, 2009
I am only one concerned person, Anna. Your best way to get information, as I said before, is to add Peter Moose to your facebook friends list.

The woman who writes Peter's updates and takes care of his facebook page has all the information, and is spearheading the campaign to save Pete and his friends.
Anna

Millsboro, DE

#19 Nov 27, 2009
Dear Lyle
what time do you get on so we can chat and you can help me do ideas to save peter i do not have a facebook but i will ask my mom for a facebook see -talk-to ya later
Lyle

Laval, Canada

#20 Nov 27, 2009
I'm off and on and hard to catch, Anna. If you can't get onto facebook, most of the ideas and updates are listed on my "Save Pete" page, along with a few photos my fiancée and I took of Pete and his friends when we went to visit him.

Here's the link again:

Donna? I was looking through your site. Beautiful photographs! My own humble by comparison! Congrats.

Will we see you next Saturday afternoon (Dec. 5) on Church Street in Burlington at the Save Pete rally?
VERMONT ANIMAL WHISPERER

Essex Junction, VT

#21 Nov 28, 2009
Good Morning,
I will be an art show that was scheduled last year. I wish I could be there but my heart and thoughts will be with everyone.
When all this began there were three of us. Too many strong minded people can hurt a project. One person got sick of ......lets just say one person seemed to be the center of attention so I have decided to stay on the side lines and let Beth White do her thing. She is doing a good job with lots of creative ideas. It is about Peter and not about who is doing the best job. I still do lots of things as this is very important to me.
I just wish I lived closer ..........have you met David Lawrence or Doug Nelson? The are two very caring individuals who have really sacrficed so much for this beautiful animal.
Did you you know that the wasting disease has been found in upstate NY a year or so ago and not one animal has been destroyed?
This whole situation is about power control. VERY VERY TRAGIC AND SAD FOR THE HUMAN RACE.
Donna
Lyle wrote:
I'm off and on and hard to catch, Anna. If you can't get onto facebook, most of the ideas and updates are listed on my "Save Pete" page, along with a few photos my fiancée and I took of Pete and his friends when we went to visit him.
Here's the link again:
Donna? I was looking through your site. Beautiful photographs! My own humble by comparison! Congrats.
Will we see you next Saturday afternoon (Dec. 5) on Church Street in Burlington at the Save Pete rally?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waterbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Peg's Pickup Bad Service (Dec '11) Oct '15 Kim 2
News Good stuff? Depends on what you're looking for (Mar '08) Jul '15 Joe 2
News Gentlewolf released on bail (Jun '07) Apr '15 Shocked with pain... 2
News Doug Racine out at Vermont Agency of Human Serv... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Anne O Toole 2
News Dummerston skeptical of solar deal (Feb '14) Aug '14 Bob Story 4
News Morrisville woman to head Stowe Land Trust (Nov '13) Dec '13 Bagfasher 2
News New Vt. psychiatric hospital under construction... (Jan '13) Apr '13 Anonymous 23

Waterbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waterbury Mortgages