outrageous taxes in water valley

Posted in the Water Valley Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bull

Owensboro, KY

#1 May 2, 2012
our so called mayor and council members are trying to raise our taxes that alot of people cant afford and trying to pass outrageous ordnances that makes no sense if this passes it will cause som people to lose thier homes. So I urge the people of water valley to write letters oposing these higher taxes and ordnances. Because if they pass these who knows what else they will do.

p.s. at last nights meeting the people wasn't even alowed to speak.
no way

Owensboro, KY

#2 May 2, 2012
really ? how much
bull

Owensboro, KY

#3 May 2, 2012
its going to go by what your house is worth but the average will be $300 to $500 extra a year and we really need to fight this by writing the letters and submit it at the next meeting which is may 13th
huh

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 May 3, 2012
well i guess you dont wanna keep the street lights on??? its not the mayor or anyone else blame wkrc for charging more for streetlighst thats what its over.hell half the lights aint even on this place is a dangerous area in the light imagine it with no streetlights!
bull

Clifty, KY

#5 May 3, 2012
for one thing i don't believe the thing about the street lights i think this is just a way for the mayor to line his pockets and for another thing it still doesnt matter if most of the people can not afford to pay it because your going to have the good people to move out and bad oes to move in that don't care
no way

Owensboro, KY

#6 May 3, 2012
bull wrote:
for one thing i don't believe the thing about the street lights i think this is just a way for the mayor to line his pockets and for another thing it still doesnt matter if most of the people can not afford to pay it because your going to have the good people to move out and bad oes to move in that don't care
bull is a good name for you mayor is not getting any money at all all you have to do is look at public records its easy to do
yummy

United States

#7 May 3, 2012
if you know anyhing youd know we have a new mayor and you can call wkrc and they will tell you everyones bill is going up for the street lights has nothing to do with the mayor or city council. if you morons wanna live in a lawless town in the dark more power to ya but we aint doin it.
bull

Owensboro, KY

#8 May 4, 2012
yummy wrote:
if you know anyhing youd know we have a new mayor and you can call wkrc and they will tell you everyones bill is going up for the street lights has nothing to do with the mayor or city council. if you morons wanna live in a lawless town in the dark more power to ya but we aint doin it.
first of all your statement is bull second of all this town already is lawless and they should be concentrating on all the drugs in the nieghborhood and for another thing no matter what fake document they have this aint the city of water valley
no way

Owensboro, KY

#10 May 4, 2012
what is it called now
BIG DADDY

Owensboro, KY

#11 May 4, 2012
just wondering were BULL got his numbers from. I understand that the tax was 30cents on the hundred. in order to have a extra 300.00 dollars added to your taxes your house would be worth 100,000.00 dollars if it was an extra 504.00 dollars your house would be worth about 168,000.00 dollars.last time I looked around I DID NOT SEE ONE HOUSE THAT WAS WORTH 100,000.00 MUCH LESS 168,000.00DOLLARS. this is why I like what is happening to this little town. We now need a ordinance to get some of you dumb asses out of town.
actually

Tuscaloosa, AL

#12 May 4, 2012
BIG DADDY YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!
BIG DADDY

Owensboro, KY

#13 May 5, 2012
did anyone look at the map that was at the last meeting this is the same map that the trustes of 1981 referred to when they were trying to get the road fund money just read the letters that were posted above the map just do a little research and you can find ever thing that the mayor had at the last meeting one of the 1981 trustees was at the last meeting someone needs to ask him what happened to the road money.I have done a little research myself and there is a lot of money missing from the city of WATER VALLEY road fund since 1981.just ask the mayor or council to show you there records. looks like they are taking care of our money unlike the 1981 trustees.
LITTLE MAN

Owensboro, KY

#14 May 5, 2012
BIG DADDY seems like you know a lot about WATER VALLEY. I thought that the city of WATER VALLEY had a tractor a long time ago, What happened to it.What happened to all that road fund money. And by the way we do not have council members they are elected commissioners. I think that some one that was a 1981 trustee is afraid that the current goverment in this town is going to find out who stole all that road fund money.
BIG DADDY

Owensboro, KY

#15 May 5, 2012
I dont know what happened to the city tractor, but you could be right about the road fund money. All I know is that the current goverment told me they will show us their books any time we want to see them, can not say that about the 1981 trustees can we.
bull

Philpot, KY

#16 May 5, 2012
it really don't matter to me actually im more concerned about these elderly peole that will not be able to pay the taxes or cannot afford to keep there yards up. with the other stuff everybody has there own opinion thats what makes this a free country
BIG DADDY

Owensboro, KY

#17 May 5, 2012
just from looking around town I dont see any elderly peoples yards that need mowing, what I see is a lot of middle aged people that are to lazy to keep their property cleaned up. As for the small amount of taxes that the city says they are charging I doubt that anyone will not be able to pay. This is a small amount to pay to keep our lights on and make people keep their property cleaned up. Maybe you are one of the people that had rather sit on your butt and do nothing than see this town get cleaned up. The Mayor and his Commissioners have done a fine job so far and have my full support. If all else fails you can always move out of this town.
LITTLE MAN

Owensboro, KY

#18 May 5, 2012
Right On BIG DADDY them them like it is. Time to take out the trash and this dont mean the kind that is a bag.
BIG DADDY

Owensboro, KY

#19 May 5, 2012
LITTLE MAN I think you meant to say tell them like it is. I like your way of thinking maybe we should run for office when their terms are up, we could show this town something like they have never seen.BIG DADDY FOR MAYOR LITTLE MAN FOR COMMISSIONER. MAKE THEM ALL MAD.
kang

Tuscaloosa, AL

#20 May 5, 2012
living in the county i enjoy not being bothered about my yard,i mean i dont like trash and junk piled up but if i have stuff in the garage i dont expect to be bothered about it,and i like my grass kept cut. as far as the taxes for the lights please yes it wont be much and we need to keep the lights on this place is wild already.
but i also dont want someone trying to ticket me for my yard or having a few things in my back yard,this is the county and its my property.as long as they dont try to ack like mayfield city,that place is rediciloius
bull

Philpot, KY

#21 May 5, 2012
for one thing i don't even live in dumpy ass water valley however i own several houses there and for another thing smartass i can afford to have my properties cut and for another thing your obviously a lazy ass or you wouldnt be spending so much time on the computer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Water Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tom Curtis 1 hr Narc 14
What is his name, and what is his son's name, i... 6 hr name must contain 2
What is wrong with Fulton 8 hr kenny wilson 8
Any lesbians or bisexual girls out there? Looki... 8 hr Kelly tarver 7
Parkway regional Medicaid Fraud 9 hr kenny wilson 3
parkway regional (Jan '14) 9 hr Linda hedge 167
the man at gregs supermarket Sun Ballsac 11
Water Valley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Water Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?