Southlake girl dies on Friday

There are 20 comments on the Sep 6, 2008, Fort Worth Star-Telegram story titled Southlake girl dies on Friday. In it, Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that:

Police are investigating the death of a 15-year-old girl who died late Friday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
sue

Southlake, TX

#1 Sep 6, 2008
I am struggling with the "why" a beautiful young life ended much too soon. I don't know you but my heart aches for all who did. Maggie...may you rest in peace...
Team member

Cleburne, TX

#3 Sep 7, 2008
she wasn't hispanic.

just to clarify, she was caucasian
nice

Irving, TX

#4 Sep 8, 2008
Why would you post all of that personal info? Would you like me to post yours?
Was a Suicide

Little Elm, TX

#5 Sep 8, 2008
nice wrote:
Why would you post all of that personal info? Would you like me to post yours?
It is public record, anyone can obtain it and also because it's the truth why sugarcoat it? You may post my death information if I'm ever stupid enough to commit suicide... you'll be waiting an eternity because I would never do that.
Consideration

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Sep 8, 2008
Is it really necessary to call this young girl's act "stupid"? Would it be possible for you to have a little consideration for those going through the pain of losing Maggie?
Was a Suicide

Little Elm, TX

#7 Sep 8, 2008
I realize the parents must be devasted by losing a child and I understand that, and feel for them, however, I don't know of anyone that would describe a suicide as smart. So, pardon me, what would be the appropriate word to describe her "act"? And what did lead her to this point in her young life to not want to live any longer anyway?
rest im peace

Grapevine, TX

#8 Sep 8, 2008
Was a Suicide wrote:
<quoted text>
It is public record, anyone can obtain it and also because it's the truth why sugarcoat it? You may post my death information if I'm ever stupid enough to commit suicide... you'll be waiting an eternity because I would never do that.
Dude you dont even know her...day in day out people would talk about her behind her back and made her life really stressfull..and why? the only thing she ever did was stand out and people, especially you southlake bastards made her do this....
HIM

Grapevine, TX

#9 Sep 9, 2008
I go to the same school she was not i repeat not the girl to do this she had everything and liked everyone. never did drugs and we cant find out why she would leave us she was such a strong christian love you maggie rip..
i go to her school

Sherman, TX

#10 Sep 9, 2008
everyone in our school is sooooooooo fake. they all made fun of her, and now they claim on myspace and face book that they were her best friend.
btw it was a stupid move, cause she didnt think of anyone but her self, not her family her few friends, her ex boyfriend or anyone.
i go to her school

Sherman, TX

#11 Sep 9, 2008
and also, she did do drugs,
acid
marijuana
and she told me she tried shrooms
Was a Suicide

Little Elm, TX

#12 Sep 9, 2008
So what was it that recently sent her over the edge? Did everyone know it was suicide or just from reading this forum?
truth

College Station, TX

#13 Sep 10, 2008
No it was not "acid marijuana shrooms" that did this to her. She felt too much of the overwhelming pressure that goes along with so many of the views of Southlake. It was the girls that chose to make fun of her instead of accept and embrace her uniqueness. And you all have no right to judge her actions or call her stupid. You were not her and no one will ever fully know her feelings or reasons. "i go to her school" needs to learn some respect.
moved away

New York, NY

#14 Sep 10, 2008
My condolences to her family that is just too sad for words.

BTW Haven't some people heard about respecting the dead? Because trashing someone who has died is pathetic and inhumane.

My parents said Southlake was too effed up a place to live with too many fake people with some twisted values.

We moved out of state last year and I don't even miss the place and we lived there for more then 6 years.

RIP Miss Maggie.
Not that simple

Irving, TX

#16 Sep 10, 2008
rest im peace wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude you dont even know her...day in day out people would talk about her behind her back and made her life really stressfull..and why? the only thing she ever did was stand out and people, especially you southlake bastards made her do this....
It was much more than that ... problems like this are never that simple. Not everyone that gets picked on in High School commits suicide. That doesn't excuse the behavior of the other 14/15 yo children involved. But you can't place blame in one place. It is possible if more people had responded with love it may have made a difference, but you don't know that for sure. From everything I have learned she was loved, she had friends, she got professional help, she had outlets, she was recognized for her intelligence and creativity ... I truly hope she didn't let the few that didn't matter, that she would barely remembered in adulthood, force her to to make this choice. She was smart and defiant. I have to think the pain was more complex, deeper, and coming from a place you don't understand unless you have been there.

So Ms. Aubrey Texas - it appears you are judgmental and lack compassion. I hope when you have a time of need - and you will at some point in your life - I hope you find what your aren't willing to give. And just because something is "true" and "open record" doesn't mean it isn't sensitive, personal, or private.
casualties

Irving, TX

#17 Sep 10, 2008
i go to her school wrote:
everyone in our school is sooooooooo fake. they all made fun of her, and now they claim on myspace and face book that they were her best friend.
btw it was a stupid move, cause she didnt think of anyone but her self, not her family her few friends, her ex boyfriend or anyone.
I hope someone is looking after her ex-boyfriend. He is going through a lot of pain and guilt. Someone close needs to reach out to him and hope it is enough.
Wondering Why

Marble Falls, TX

#18 Sep 11, 2008
I knew Maggie somewhat and know that she had recently broken up with her only serious boyfriend of about 2 and 1/2 years. I know she was very depressed and had considered ending her life on and off for a while. She had just returned home after being away for several weeks. Did something unexpected push her over the edge? Or was she planning to do this when she got home? Wish I knew but more I wish I could have stopped her. Even better, I wish she would have seen her true worth and stopped herself. She always saw the beauty in others who felt they were worthless.
This is Hard

United States

#19 Sep 11, 2008
I did not know Maggie, but I graduated from her school there. Yes Southlake does have some people who act as if they own the world and do not care about others needs, but thats so stereotypical. I moved there 2 years ago thinking I would hate it. The town may not be much, but when you find the right people you learn that not everyone in one place is a bad person. There are good people there and it saddens me to see that Maggie may have not been with the right people to comfort her or be there for her. That is in no way her fault. But suicide is a very serious thing to do in ones life. I know what it feels like to have that pain and thought several times about life ending. But I realized that there are people out there who need us and that leaving others behind is selfish. I am sorry for maggie and her family and hope that she may see the light in heaven.
Was a Suicide

Little Elm, TX

#20 Sep 11, 2008
Not that simple wrote:
<quoted text>
So Ms. Aubrey Texas - it appears you are judgmental and lack compassion. I hope when you have a time of need - and you will at some point in your life - I hope you find what your aren't willing to give. And just because something is "true" and "open record" doesn't mean it isn't sensitive, personal, or private.
No, I stated that the parents must be devastated and that I understood that. What an incredible pain she has put upon them. And as far as the true and open record issue, do you not think that just about everyone knew that or would figure that out? I mean it would be pretty obvious that she just didn't up and die for nothing now doesn't it?
Was a Suicide

Little Elm, TX

#21 Sep 12, 2008
So what have her parents had to say about this?
Zach

Carrollton, TX

#22 Sep 13, 2008
Just throwing this out here, have any of you actually read her personal blog? It is utterly obvious why she would do something like that.

And last year she won first prize in an art show for a painting of someone hanging themselves.

AND she was in a play last year about teenage suicide.

If you would just think outside the box and just look a little closer into her actual attitude you would fully understand why she would commit suicide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watauga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keller Cops (May '07) 21 hr Samuelpercella123 75
News Man, 21, fatally stabbed after argument in Bedford (May '10) Mon jackie 23
Esset Koyal Group Capital Management: Target, M... Apr 23 ricardosanders 5
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr 22 Fart 798
Review: Mayor's Hotline Apr 20 buttercake 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr 18 Fart Smoke 633
Review: Mary M. Robb, DDS Apr 16 Frank Reedy 1
More from around the web

Watauga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]