Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

There are 109543 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 8, 2009, titled Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs. In it, Newsday reports that:

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Devin

Newport News, VA

#96858 Apr 4, 2011
Teddy I'm flatters you so thoroughly review my post for spelling and grammar eras..... It's appreciated.....

I know enough not to be so with your as the content is commonly fraudulent..... such as the precious post concentrated dialogue on Iraq "Capabilities"...... . ROFLMAO

the composition was set so well and contained so little.....

"Dazzle them with Bullshit"........
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
As for the rest of your rant, you're once again arguing with the wrong guy. Your argument is with your own heroes of the left:
"We have no choice but to eliminate the threat ... This is a guy who is an extreme danger to the world." -(Joe Biden, interviewed by Tim Russert on 'Meet the Press,' August 4, 2002)
"In the four years since the inspectors, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program....[He] has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al-Qaida members." -(Hillary Rodham Clinton, statement, "Authorization of the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq," 107th Congress, 2nd Session, Congressional Record, Vol. 148, No. 133, October 10, 2002, Pg. S10288).
"When I vote to give the President of the United States the authority to use force, if necessary, to disarm Saddam Hussein, it is because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a threat, and a grave threat, to our security and that of our allies in the Persian Gulf region." -(John Kerry, statement, "Authorization of the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq - Continued," 107th Congress, 2nd Session, Congressional Record, Vol. 148, No. 132, October 9, 2002, Pg. S10174).
"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to completely deter, and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." -(Al Gore, "Iraq and the War on Terrorism," The Commonwealth Club, San Francisco, CA, September 23, 2002.)
So take it your HuffPo talking points and spin up with Joe, Hillary, John-boy, and Al, Devin. Spare the rest of us, please.
And Devin - I have never corrected your grammar, or commented on it. I know a lost cause when I see it.
Or is it that you think plagiarism is merely a grammatical error?[chuckle]
You really are too much, man.
zerObama

AOL

#96859 Apr 4, 2011
Now is the time to watch all the phony, two faced libs, do some backtracking !!
Now that the Flip floppin' ZerObama and his failure of an AG have now made the trial of a terrorist a "Military Tribunal", where will the flip floppin liberal lemmings fall on this issue.
Remember whe the mouth breathing libs had tears in their eyes as they pleaded Zero's case for civilian trials? Remember when the used every excuse to justify civilian trials? I'm glad there is film footage of all the lies that ZerObama has spewed.
It won't change the minds of the lock steppin libs but it should get the attention of the independants.
ZerO lies:
No lobbyists.... then hires many.
No Gitmo.... still there.
No drilling for oil..... until the spill.
Open gov't..... Film footage was forbidden at the Gulf Spill.
No wars..... escalated one and lied that the other was over... now got us into a third.. without an act of Congress!!
a campaign speech that..... A president has no right to get us into a war like Iraq of Afghanistan.
Only if our national security is involved !! He said it. Now we are in Libya !!
Said we are only providing air support.... We just found out ZerO is giving covert aid to the rebels.......Rebels that are probably AL QUIDA!!!
Cash for clunkers...... wound up selling more FOREIGN CARS !!!!
Stimulus...... wow, that worked just fine !!!
Bush created the economic problems through the housing crisis....... the biggest proponent of the fannie and freddi was ZEROBAMA!!!
His cronnies got pissed that the repubbs wanted oversight on fannie and freddie....
Then ZerO sides with Mexico over one of our own states... Arizona !!The man will go down as the worst prsident in our history.
And the fools that have covered up for his incompetence are the cause of the mess with him.
Imagine if another president did half the stuff ZerO has done?
Devin

Newport News, VA

#96860 Apr 4, 2011
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
To you? Nothing, evidently. Seems to have gone completely over your head.
What a surprise.
Perhaps I should has simply pointed out your sattement is nonsense, for the simple reason that you cannot point to a single War in American History since the Revolution that was started by a "Conservative" for any purpose.
If your focus was a bit narrow, you could post a reference of a humanitarian intervention during the reign of Republican Rule as refutable evidence.....

You do have something to support the baseless speculation above?
Cass Sunstein

Lincoln, NE

#96861 Apr 4, 2011
Devin wrote:
<quoted text>
ahhhh, it's the Resident Thread Pervert..... in a robe and holding a bible under your arms you could be mistaken for a Catholic Preist....
It seems it's the radical Christian left trying to inject God into the public debate. Why no outrage from you guy(s)?
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#96862 Apr 4, 2011
Gee! Thanks for the news flash moonbat!

If you could comprehend simple english, you might realize what Ted was saying?

And you got soooo excited!

You'd be a real gas if they could put you on a game show.

You'd hit that buzzer and start jumping up and down while making a fool of yourself..

LOL!

It looks like you will provide more laughs yet again Devin!

Good liberal.
Devin wrote:
Capabilities? ROFLMAO..... So in other words you're saying, a point that you failed to bring to light in this manifesto!
.... NO WEAPONS WERE FOUND in Iraq to support the invasion.....NO CONNECTION WAS EVIDENT TO IRAQ FINANCING THE ATTACKS ON NEW YORK OR WASHINGTON OR ANY EVIDENCE OF COLLABORATION BETWEEN AL QAEDA AND IRAQ...
Once again Teddy thanks for your imput....... ROFLMAO
Kind of wordy, but it gets to the point.
The Bush Administration justification for the invasion were as you phased nothing more than "deceitful narratives"
NATO and the UN had it right!
<quoted text>
Devin

Newport News, VA

#96863 Apr 4, 2011
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
OKB-ism: A non-binding Senate resolution that the UNSC do something = formal Congressional vote authorizing the POTUS to intervene in a foreign country with American military forces.
The Iraq War Authorization was a Resolution.....

PUBLIC LAW 107–243—OCT. 16, 2002
Iraq Resolution (Public Law 102–1),’’ that Iraq’s repression of
its civilian population violates United Nations Security Council
Resolution 688 and ‘‘constitutes a continuing threat to the peace,
security, and stability of the Persian Gulf region,’’ and that Congress,
‘‘supports the use of all necessary means to achieve the
goals of United Nations Security Council Resolution 688’’;
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#96864 Apr 4, 2011
Devin wrote:
<quoted text>
ahhhh, it's the Resident Thread Pervert..... in a robe and holding a bible under your arms you could be mistaken for a Catholic Preist....
Then I'm sure you can whip up those posts where I mention anything remotely perverted? OK ... waiting.

Wrong on both counts retarded liberal. I'm an agnostic, but I do prefer the religious types more so than cult members like you who leech off of society and contrubute nothing.

Find any of those posts yet moron?

ROFLMAO! Woof!
Devin

Newport News, VA

#96865 Apr 4, 2011
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
You'd hit that buzzer and start jumping up and down while making a fool of yourself..
LOL!
Good liberal.
<quoted text>
I take you read better. Ok then. Where is there any physical evidence to support WMDs were found in Iraq? How about a connection used in the Iraq Resolution to support that Iraq financed Bin Laden's Terrorism Campaign on New York or Washington?

The Weapons used again the Kurdish in 1988 were found where in 2003 or beyond?

You, like Teddy may have a good argument, where is the substance of that argument?
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#96866 Apr 4, 2011
Cass Sunstein wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems it's the radical Christian left trying to inject God into the public debate. Why no outrage from you guy(s)?
As with being in bed with "corporations" is OK when there is a Democrat president, it's also OK to invoke religion, especially negative to Christians when desperate.

I still remember Clinton going to church with that bible under his arm after the Monica Lewinsky scandal broke. Wasn't Jesse Jackson a Democrat presidential candidate too?

Liberal leaders are so pathetic. The only ones who are worse are the useless Zombie cult members like Devin that worship them.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#96867 Apr 4, 2011
Devin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Iraq War Authorization was a Resolution.....
PUBLIC LAW 107–243—OCT. 16, 2002
Iraq Resolution (Public Law 102–1),’’ that Iraq’s repression of
its civilian population violates United Nations Security Council
Resolution 688 and ‘‘constitutes a continuing threat to the peace,
security, and stability of the Persian Gulf region,’’ and that Congress,
‘‘supports the use of all necessary means to achieve the
goals of United Nations Security Council Resolution 688’’;
I'm sure you think that post was helpful.
Devin

Newport News, VA

#96868 Apr 4, 2011
You know and I know all you have to contribute is Cartoon Network commentary and juvenile rhetoric to distract from the topics being discussed.

You have but one attribute here on this thread and that is to maintain your Pervert Status and stalker qualities. You're a POS and can't change that fact.

As with this post below, it's pathetic, empty and baseless ramble.

In simple English, can you provide some link to support that WMDs and a connection to funding terrorism were found to exist in Iraq after more than 8 years of occupying the nation and the hanging of Saddam?

We don't think your reply will be anything other than the constant ramble you're noted for on this thread... but we'll give you a chance to enter into adult conversation.

My bet is you reply will be on some Elvis sighting bullshyt..... ROFLMAO
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
LOL!
Good liberal.
<quoted text>
Devin

Newport News, VA

#96869 Apr 4, 2011
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you think that post was helpful.
Not for you..... I knew it would fly over your head, there's no Elvis reference........
Devin

Newport News, VA

#96870 Apr 4, 2011
Cass Sunstein wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because the Coalition of the Christians on the Right, after the Family values caucus, are busy fighting off child molestation charges around the country and defending themselves in divorce proceedings because of conspicuous homosexual liaisons.

So things seems to take priority.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#96871 Apr 4, 2011
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
"In case there was any confusion, President Obama is officially running for re-election in 2012, his campaign announced Monday morning in a web video."
http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/04/04/...
The Teleprompter Stooge was hoping for a bounce by getting involved in Libya, however like all his other liberal-brained "solutions", if failed to work.
I haven't see a more ineffective president. Sarkozy is absolutely correct. Obama is nothing but an empty suit.
Personally, I find Hillary's 2012 campaign slogan more compelling:
"I Told You So! Hillary 2012"

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/20...
Cass Sunstein

Lincoln, NE

#96872 Apr 4, 2011
I guess all that new rhetoric starts in 2012?
Cass Sunstein

Lincoln, NE

#96873 Apr 4, 2011
Today’s Morning Joe played a Letterman clip of a faux-promo for an imaginary TV show called “The Dick Cheney Story.” As the title song from the Mary Tyler Moore Show plays merrily in the background, we’re treated to images of Cheney wielding a gun, in a wheelchair and undergoing open-heart surgery. The clip closes with video of Cheney fighting to get a breath of air.
Cut to Mika, doubled-over, laughing hysterically, literally to the point of tears.
Cass Sunstein

Lincoln, NE

#96874 Apr 4, 2011
Devin wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because the Coalition of the Christians on the Right, after the Family values caucus, are busy fighting off child molestation charges around the country and defending themselves in divorce proceedings because of conspicuous homosexual liaisons.
So things seems to take priority.
What? Those are all irrelevant.

Curious why it's now OK to invoke God into the budget discussion. What happened to your fabled "church/state" separation?

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#96875 Apr 4, 2011
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
<quoted text>
Teddy look, you don't have to keep switching names, though I do understand now why you would cheer yourself on with some of the things you said.
I think you will remember me posting that I supported the bush stimulus in 2008 as well as the TARP. I think you will also remember that I previously stated you spend your way out of a recession and pay the debt down during good years.
So Bill, you are Teddy as well as Nostrilis. Wow! How much do you make posting on here?
Keep trying you hack, you are a worthless pc of cht in my eyes.
Lies lies and more lies from you.
And Teddy? LMAO no I do not hide between multiple names you fool.
And your lies trying to say I am paid to be here is crap and you know it.
Losers like yourself are the paid lackies posting on here.
So moron keep trying you still will fail miserably.

And yes I did lay off 2 more this morning and will be looking to cut more by the end of next week.

If I had you as an employee? You wouldn't last one day.
I do not keep morons around.........
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#96876 Apr 4, 2011
Vic wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is whether what NATO wants, or what the UN wants, is in the best interests of the US.
And who are the rebels. Are they the same as Al Quaida or the Taliban, or are they really proponents of democracy, not terrorism.
And if we don't know for sure who they are, should we be making regime change happen in Libya.
I am not sure what is the right thing to do in Libya, but right now I would lean towards getting out, and stopping meddling in the affairs of other countries, especially since I fear we do not know who is worse, the rebels, or the current government.
All excellent questions - ones on which competent Presidential administrations would have reached firm and clear interdepartmental concensus on at the NSC Principals level BEFORE committing US military forces to an armed intervention.

From all reports, that is not how the BO mob has approached the matter. It seems they were more concerned with optics, appearances, and salving their liberal guilt over Rwanda and Bosnia that formulating clear-eyed/hard-nosed policy that's in the best interests of the US.
Devin

Newport News, VA

#96877 Apr 4, 2011
Good point, however in the 2 years under Bush, and the two years since Obama, where have the republicans voted in support of any initatives proposed by the Democrats?

Bush never signed into law any democratic initatives on spending or regulations in the 2 years he presided with a democratic House.

Despite the Republicans in the Senate Obstruction, Small Business lending and tax cuts finally got a vote in the Senate and approval.... Today it's the Small Business owners who are carrying the Nation out of the Bush recession.

Now I may be incorrect, but I know you can't show where a Bill was signed into Law by President Bush from 2007 to 2009 that was authorized by the Democratic House, and there is no initatives that passed which weren't obstructed for any period of time by the Republicans in the Senate.
californio wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point?
For the last two years its been the Democrats who been in charge of writing the Tax code.
Donald Trump was TV recently and he stated how the Democrats have written the tax code so big donors and industry the Democrats like can end up paying little or no taxes. And profitability has nothing to do with the amount a company pauys.
For example Oil companies pay little or no taxes when they invest in all that "green energy" like ethanol left wing environmentalist love.
another thing you might want to check out is to compare how much taxes and how much government subsidies heavily Unionized industry get compared to nonunionized industries

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wassaic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 5 min Proud Liberal 4,018
Rangers talk back (Oct '07) 17 min jimi-yank 7,448
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 20 min jimi-yank 35,776
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 27 min Hooplah 316,462
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 32 min cpeter1313 309,894
FULTON NY deadly EYE OF THE TIGER-KING "KATIE" ... 40 min Diana Vickery 7
News FIFA Arrests Follow US Charges Over World Socce... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web

Wassaic People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE