Palin: Next-Door Author Changes Way F...

Palin: Next-Door Author Changes Way Family Lives

There are 108 comments on the WPLG story from Aug 1, 2010, titled Palin: Next-Door Author Changes Way Family Lives. In it, WPLG reports that:

Sarah Palin says the best-selling author who moved into the house next door to her family while writing a book about her needs to get a life.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPLG.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
I love CO2

Maple Shade, NJ

#1 Aug 1, 2010
He's got a life. Being a big jerk-off. That's his life now.
Billy Ringo

United States

#2 Aug 1, 2010
"I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out." --Sarah Palin, referring to a department that does not exist while attempting to explain why as president she wouldn't be subjected to the same ethics investigations that compelled her to resign as governor of Alaska, ABC News interview, July 7, 2009
morechange

San Jose, CA

#3 Aug 1, 2010
He's a well paid peeping Tom.
Researcher

Harker Heights, TX

#4 Aug 1, 2010
Sarah is scared stiff of Joe McGinniss, as well she should be.

Anybody who is a chronic liar should be scared of McGinniss, who is a very competent and successful investigative reporter.
Researcher

Harker Heights, TX

#5 Aug 1, 2010
Asked how he'd feel if the tables were turned if the Palins moved in next to him McGinniss replied: "I would go over and shake hands and give them a plate of cookies and say 'Welcome to the neighborhood.' "

McGinniss, known mostly as a true-crime writer, has reportedly received death threats.

By triggering outrage from right-wing media outlets, Palin "pushed a button and unleashed the hounds of hell," he says.

"She has created all the publicity," McGinniss said.

Our Sarah LIVES for attention, aka "publicity."
seeing is believing

Brooksville, FL

#6 Aug 1, 2010
It must be painful for McGinniss to be living next door to a well documented hoot running a dysfunctional household.
Researcher

Harker Heights, TX

#7 Aug 1, 2010
seeing is believing wrote:
It must be painful for McGinniss to be living next door to a well documented hoot running a dysfunctional household.
I don't have any problem seeing why McGinniss would do it.

As you say, a laugh a minute, plus the opportunity to tell the world the truth about what goes on.

Heck, I think it would be worth spending some time in Wasilla to go up and down the street asking questions and getting to the truth about Sarah's fantasies about herself.
Cranky Old Man

United States

#8 Aug 1, 2010
McGinnis probably plays with himself while window peeping on Sarah. He could be a dangerous sex pervert. I hope there are no little children around where he may have access to them. Some hunter could mistake him for a moose someday.
Billy Ringo

United States

#9 Aug 1, 2010
Cranky Old Man wrote:
McGinnis probably plays with himself while window peeping on Sarah. He could be a dangerous sex pervert. I hope there are no little children around where he may have access to them. Some hunter could mistake him for a moose someday.
Sounds like you have a lot of experiene with that kind of stuff, old man.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#10 Aug 1, 2010
He sends the seedy photos he gets to Bill Clinton.
sorrysarah

Allentown, PA

#11 Aug 1, 2010
Painlin is afraid of the truth and being further exposed. She's been on damage control ever since being unable to answer a simple question like what kind of magazines do you read. Sounds like a trap to me. Or how about...Who's your favorite founding father? The fact that she could rise that high for the right is still mind-boggling. She's an empty-headed phoney and republican disarray personified. Obama guaranteed a second term if the nut-jobs actually knuckle-under and give her the nomination. Go Painlin Go!
Researcher

Harker Heights, TX

#12 Aug 1, 2010
Joe McGinniss (born 9 December 1942) is an American author of true crime and non-fiction novels.

Biography:
McGinniss graduated from the College of the Holy Cross in 1964 and became an overnight success when his first book, The Selling of the President, landed on The New York Times bestseller list when he was 26 years old, making him the youngest living writer with that achievement.

The book described the marketing of Richard Nixon during the 1968 presidential campaign.

After the success of his book in 1968, McGinniss left the Inquirer to write books full-time. He next wrote a novel, The Dream Team. It was followed by Heroes, and Going to Extremes, a nonfiction account of his year exploring Alaska.

In 1979 he became a writer-in-residence at the L.A. Herald Examiner. Next came the McGinniss trilogy of true crime books, Fatal Vision, Blind Faith and Cruel Doubt.

All three books were made into TV miniseries.

Now you know why Sarah Palin is scared stiff of Joe McGinniss, and why she should be scared.

“What Happened to Democracy?”

Since: May 08

Bronx

#13 Aug 1, 2010
Cranky Old Man wrote:
McGinnis probably plays with himself while window peeping on Sarah. He could be a dangerous sex pervert. I hope there are no little children around where he may have access to them. Some hunter could mistake him for a moose someday.
You should talk sperm burper!
Remember in November

Bakersfield, CA

#14 Aug 1, 2010
McGinnis has no cojones.

Go get 'em, Sarah!
Devin

Newport News, VA

#15 Aug 1, 2010
I'll be glad when he releases the book, leiv is stirring interest, he's turned out to be the Alaskian Stud.... The Shot Gun for the Wedding may be only loaded with "Bird Shot"...... not nearly effective to stop a "Momma Grizzly"...
Ben Wa

Brooksville, FL

#16 Aug 1, 2010
Todd Palin has no balls at all. He can't handle the out of control house in Wasilla.
Responsiblity

San Bruno, CA

#17 Aug 1, 2010
It is a nice change from her whining about that big bad gotcha media and that very naughty Obama, death panels, palm writing and tweets, twitters and god knows what else.

Half Governor Palin - you sought the limelight over and over and over and over and over again.

This man is writing a book and he is probably grateful for all the publicity Half Governor Palin is giving his book.

Is it time for more fences and less whining?
Responsiblity

San Bruno, CA

#18 Aug 1, 2010
Remember in November wrote:
McGinnis has no cojones.
Go get 'em, Sarah!
Sounds like McGinnis has the cojones as he gathers fact for his book. I hope his book is not "a go get 'em" book but one with the real facts about Palin. It could be a bestseller!
Chicagoan by Birth

Stockton, CA

#19 Aug 1, 2010
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you have a lot of experiene with that kind of stuff, old man.
Willie Bingo, Apologist for the Obamie Brigade, Whata guy. Go get um Willie,

Since: Feb 09

United States

#22 Aug 1, 2010
Researcher wrote:
Joe McGinniss (born 9 December 1942) is an American author of true crime and non-fiction novels.
Biography:
McGinniss graduated from the College of the Holy Cross in 1964 and became an overnight success when his first book, The Selling of the President, landed on The New York Times bestseller list when he was 26 years old, making him the youngest living writer with that achievement.
The book described the marketing of Richard Nixon during the 1968 presidential campaign.
After the success of his book in 1968, McGinniss left the Inquirer to write books full-time. He next wrote a novel, The Dream Team. It was followed by Heroes, and Going to Extremes, a nonfiction account of his year exploring Alaska.
In 1979 he became a writer-in-residence at the L.A. Herald Examiner. Next came the McGinniss trilogy of true crime books, Fatal Vision, Blind Faith and Cruel Doubt.
All three books were made into TV miniseries.
Now you know why Sarah Palin is scared stiff of Joe McGinniss, and why she should be scared.
Just finished reading Going to Extremes. I liked his writing and am waiting for his book on Palin and Wasilla.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wasilla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brittney Embry Sep '17 truthtruth 1
Attorney for Sarah Palin Aug '17 Anonymous 1
Houston Music Thread (Aug '13) Aug '17 Musikologist 24
News Sarah Palin's Son Track Arrested for Punching a... (Jan '16) Aug '17 Bama Yankee 28
Blue Dragon Alaska Pitbull Puppy (Mar '12) Jul '17 Justsomeone 38
Dillard homes (Nov '14) Jul '17 Xmotosmooth 3
the music thread (Jan '12) Jun '17 texas pete 161

Wasilla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wasilla Mortgages