Washingtonville High School principal charged with sexual abuse of 16-year-old

Oct 19, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Recordonline.com - The Times Herald-Record

Washingtonville High School Principal Michael J. Rossi was arrested Monday night and charged with having inappropriate sexual contact with a 16-year-old boy.

Comments
1 - 20 of 164 Comments Last updated Tuesday
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
a conserned father

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

This Rossi guy is the lowest form of human that can be. The parents of this kids should hang him by his Ba**s. I hope he rots in jail and Tyron and Jermaine will take his manhood away. Hey Rossi what ever evil you do to others it comes back to you. GOD DONT LIKE UGLY> P.S. Just feel horrible for your wife and kid(s). What a nice place to work when you are a pedophile.
concerned mother

Washingtonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

You should be a shamed of yourself. Why are you married with a family if your attracted to little boys. This makes me sick. A Principal Do u mean pedophile? Do you want someone to sexually abuse your children you sick f***....You should kill yourself while your at it.
Student

Sumter, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

I went to Washingtonville High School for four years and have had many encounter with Principal Rossi. He's a good guy and a great principal, so before you start making these slanders about him and his family. Lets get to the bottom of this because if I had met you (concerned father) and made these random accustions about you when I was 16 you would be in the same position he's in. He has done nothing, but made postive changes to Washingtonville school and has my full support
former whs student

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

Mr. Rossi has done so much for the school and would never do this. Whoever made this whole thing up should be ashamed of himself because they have now ruined Mr. Rossi's life as well as his family's. Other people who do not know the situation or Mr. Rossi should stop because he's not one of those sick people out there, if he was I would be right there along with you telling him he deserves everything he would get.
old student

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

I was a student of Mr. Rossi's many moons ago when he taught at Hastings High School. I am shocked and speechless because he was a WONDERFUL teacher and a favorite among many/most of my fellow students there. I can not imagine this being true and am praying that it isn't.
I agree with Student's comment above - I know that it is hard to do, but please do not make harsh judgments just yet - he has not been convicted and it is possible that this student is making up a story.
Very Concerned Father

Northville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

This guy has been a LOSER from the time he came into the school. We need to get rid of the Board of Ed for the poor choice of principal and giving him tenure! Wake Up Board!
A WHS Student

Monticello, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

Those of you that are saying things about Rossi, SHUT UP! As long as i have been in that school, Rossi has been doing a great job. The student who is accusing Rossi of these things is a liar. The student has lied on many occasions to me and my fellow piers. Mr. Rossi is a great guy and deserves the up most respect from you people"^". If Mr. Rossi is guilty then I will tell you know nobody saw it coming, but if he is not guilty I hope those of you talking bad about Rossi apologize. And " Concerned Father" I hope someone calls you names and talks about you just the way you are talking about Rossi."what ever evil you do to others it comes back to you. GOD DONT LIKE UGLY" you posted this Concerned Father.
old student

Plymouth, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

Mr.Rossi did wonders for that school before i went there it was a piece of crap!!! He came in and changed it all around, many people seem to forget when he was in the paper for when he changed the school from shit to great! He is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and I know that whoever made this up will have something coming to them.
former hoh hs student

Teaneck, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

I was a former student of mike rossi when he started a program at hastings highschool to help kids having problems getting though school. I will tell everyone i come in contact with that i absolutely do not believe one word of this and im sure i speak for all of his former students that attended hastings high school. We all love him. Please remember not all accusation are true and some are made to hurt people
Law Enforcer

Middletown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

This man is innocent until proven guilty. How come only this ONE kid is making these allegations? Let's get to the bottom of it first and take it from there!
Any accusation made by a student will have the same initial result: an arrest, BUT a thorough investigation will ensue.
Stay tuned and don't be so quick to judge!
Law Enforcer

Middletown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

"conserned" father? are you kidding? How about learn to spell you moron!
joe b

Norwalk, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

I too have known him for some time. I think we are always quick to judge in this world. Let the truth come out and then judge. He was a sincere man that was helpful to all he new. If he is guilty then we can judge him.
wizards24

Middletown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

I am a senior at Washingtonville high school and play varsity sports there. I know mr rossi personally and believe until proven guilty, that he is innocent. He has done nothing but good for our school and sporting programs. Remember, everyone is innocent until proven guilty and "concerned Father" your just trying to cover up the fact that u probably touch your son or daughter you sick fuck.
Unbiased Wville resident

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

We have a court system that says you are innocent until proven guilty. If you read the articles it only says he contacted the student via text message. It does not say anything inappropriate was in those messages. The story about an incident occurring in a car could be completely made up. So "concerned father" watch what you say because this could happen to you.
History Can Be Blistering

New Windsor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.”
-Adolf Hitler

Try not jumping at every news headline. Try knowing enough that everyone who decides to pursue a career helping children can be accused of such an act as Mr. Rossi. I knew that people in general were dumb, but downright judgmental, ignorant and witch-hunting fools I knew them not to be. Maybe some intravenous common sense will do you some good.

Back to my "name;" does McCarthy ring a bell? He was a US senator in the 1950's that ruined people's lives for votes. Are you getting a theme here? People love scandal. Try loving people you bloodthirsty hounds.

For you "Concerned" posters:
Maybe he can have a wife and a family and work in a high school because he is NOT a pedophile. It's really funny when the answer is right there in front of you, no?
Washingtonville Parent

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

We live in a world where kids can make all kinds of accusations against adults and they are believed whole heartedly. But when a child claims another kid bullied him/her they need a witness or nothing can be done. Somehow a life of true integrity can be destroyed by accusations from a child without the proof or witness. Anyone's text messages can seem weird when taken out of the context of the full conversation. There are sick people in this world but Mr. Rossi is definitely not one of them!
former whs student

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

I went to washingtonville when the highschool was a hell hole. Principal rider and first year assistant bernsley were struggling to keep peace in the hallways there were a lot of racial gang problems. And city kids vs townies vs mountain lodge kids were always fighting for who gets to chill in the cool kid hallway next to the cafeteria at lunch. The school was so bad that bernsley used to walk around with a damn golf club I think he used to use it to intimidate people honestly he was 6'5 already scary enough. He quit after a year he coudnt handle the chaos I believe. Then rider left and rossi came in and all of a sudden change took place it went from a few fist fights a week to one a month. Rossi was the real deal and he took care of the problems in the right way. The school was cleaned out he always seemed like a down to earth positive guy who woud go out of his way to say good morning and be nice. Until proven guilty I am positive he is innocent and I pray for his family god bless.
Former Student WSH 2002

Washingtonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

I have a pretty good feeling that "A conserned father" is really just the accuser or friend of the accuser. Besides the misspelling of the word concerned the entire post is written as if the person was a teenager.

I really do not believe that this is but really you never know. People should respect both parties at this time until the evidence is out. If the student is lying both him and his family should have to pay for his actions. If Rossi is guilty he should be punished with the highest punishment available.

Now hopefully people will settle down and just wait for the court to handle this. Situations like this happen every day and it would be horrible if this case somehow leads to more false accusations or someone who really was sexually assaulted too afraid to speak about it due to fear of judgment by others and being called a liar.

“Stand Up for What You Believe!”

Since: Sep 08

La mia bell'Italia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

Judged:

If this allegation is accurate or not there is NO WAY a 51 year old man, nevermind a principal should EVER be texting a 16 year old child. Something is very erroneous here with that alone.
Former hastings student

South Bend, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

Judged:

You don't even know if its true! He was a great principle who would NEVER do something like this. You don't even really know the facts. Does it make the situation better for you to bad mouth someone who you don't even know is fully guilty. It makes the situation worse, so until you know if its true or not I would keep my mouth shut. Imagine someone accused you of something you didn't do and now you have this associated with you regardless of if you did it or not. It must be a nightmare and I feel so bad for Mr. Rossi.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Washingtonville News Video

•••
•••

Washingtonville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Washingtonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE