immigrant workers find few steps up l...

immigrant workers find few steps up ladder

There are 4 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Aug 15, 2009, titled immigrant workers find few steps up ladder. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

Sleep is a rare commodity for Juan Cortez. Between nights spent clearing tables at a Manhattan nightclub and days running food to customers in a Bronx restaurant, the 42-year-old Peruvian immigrant worries more about finding time for shuteye than job security.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

YoungDumbAndFull of

Salinas, CA

#1 Aug 15, 2009
Let me guess, we're to feel sorry for these illegal immigrants!?!? Why?
whatever

Salinas, CA

#2 Aug 15, 2009
Who said they're illegal and who said we're supposed to feel sorry for them. They're doing jobs that no one else will do. Your name says it all.
Bible believer

Milpitas, CA

#3 Aug 16, 2009
Why does the government allow welfare to American born citizens when there are job opportunities in the restaurants and farm fields being held by illegal immigrants?

Even the bible commands not to feed those who refuse to work.
Mexican Gang Bangers

United States

#4 Aug 16, 2009
Off topic, YES...They are a disgrace to the Mexican Community. Where are the community leaders who should be trying to encourage a non-gang banger lifestyle. Every known bangers face should be posted so the public knows who they are. Just like a "Sex Offender" every citizen has the right know if they have "a banger family" next door. How would you like to buy a home and find out after you moved in that "a banger family" is your new neighbor????? Homes will be losing value because a banger family lives close. These people make me vomit!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washingtonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whispering hills incident (Apr '09) Wed Hood4life 9
News Welfare fraud sweep nabs 30 Orange County resid... Jul 29 heidi ulvila-stevens 3
News KJ annexation bill spawns competing appeals to ... Jul 24 mtm 4
News New York Lottery winner to spend $5M on Disney ... Jul 22 Summer1978 1
News Police, 100 volunteers search for missing Harri... Jul 15 Smiles 3
News Kiryas Joel land deal back to square one (Jul '14) Jul 15 advice 2
News NY governor vetoes bill to block haredi annexat... Jul 14 Justice 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Washingtonville Mortgages