Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> Well there should be more laws concerning ATVs. If we save a child from being murdered it was worth it. I don't see the logic. We shouldn't address mass murder because people die in ATV accidents or because people kill people with hammers. Please you are a tiny puckered loser. One that is afraid and scared, and that's why you want your guns.
THis is the mentality of some people. They are happy to give away their freedoms in the name of letting the government protect them.(They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin)!! Talk about the slippery slope I mentioned earlier. First it was guns, then video games, now I got them to admit they would be OK with banning ATV's. Wait til I include the boating and Jet ski statistics, I am sure they should be banned also. Around 700 people per year are killed in boating accidents, almost 800 jet skiers killed per year. I mean who really needs a boat or jet ski anyway? Banning them would save lives, almost 1500 people per year. People killed with assault weapons 48 per year.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Twice as many children are killed per year on ATV's than people of all ages killed with assault weapons. Why no outrage over ATV's, only guns?
Ignorance

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

hope wrote:
<quoted text>
lol save a child from being murdered, you say? by atvs? wtf, man? what about the 20,000 of them dying everyday from starvation? and war, by the weapons of our military? these are the issues we need to be concerning ourselves with! It can change, americans are either too selfish or lazy...probably both to bother themselves with it. enjoy the cheeseburger you'll probably be having today, and the french fries you'll probably throw away half of. Enjoy shitting in clean water. think about it.
You act like I am not concerned or aware of any of that. I do what I can. I donate not only money but time to many causes. The discussion was about an assault weapons ban. I would gladly engage in a conversation about saving lives around the world. Also, my first two sentences in the post you to which you replied were ambiguous. I wasn't saying ATVs murdered kids.
Ignorance

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

MindlessFoxBot wrote:
<quoted text>THis is the mentality of some people. They are happy to give away their freedoms in the name of letting the government protect them.(They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin)!! Talk about the slippery slope I mentioned earlier. First it was guns, then video games, now I got them to admit they would be OK with banning ATV's. Wait til I include the boating and Jet ski statistics, I am sure they should be banned also. Around 700 people per year are killed in boating accidents, almost 800 jet skiers killed per year. I mean who really needs a boat or jet ski anyway? Banning them would save lives, almost 1500 people per year. People killed with assault weapons 48 per year.
Your argument seems to be that we just can't do anything about it. Why don't other countries have the number of meaningless slaughters that we do? It is a lame argument that you won't give up assault weapons just because it is a "slippery slope". People that want to own these guns are cowards plain and simple. You are scared of every boogie man of which you've heard. It is pathetic. Man up. I would bet $10,000 that you will never defend yourself or your family with an assault weapon. Tell yourself whatever you need to justify owning these phallic symbols. I bet you buy BIG guns to make up for what your manhood is lacking.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Did I mention swimming pools? Thousands of lives could be saved every year if we only ban swimming pools. 3500 people every year die in swimming pools, including 700 children. That is 700 children that could be saved in one year, compared to 48 assault weapons deaths of people of all ages. Outrage over swimming pools? None

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> Your argument seems to be that we just can't do anything about it. Why don't other countries have the number of meaningless slaughters that we do? It is a lame argument that you won't give up assault weapons just because it is a "slippery slope". People that want to own these guns are cowards plain and simple. You are scared of every boogie man of which you've heard. It is pathetic. Man up. I would bet $10,000 that you will never defend yourself or your family with an assault weapon. Tell yourself whatever you need to justify owning these phallic symbols. I bet you buy BIG guns to make up for what your manhood is lacking.
Sissy is afraid of guns so no one should be able to own them. Banning guns still wont get you out of your moms basement waiting for the government to protect you from your own shadow. Who is really the scared one? Right now no domestic enemy, but people like you might be in the future. When you start to think you are going to tell me what I can watch, read, play, own, eat, we are going to have a start to have problems.
Tippy

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

devastated wrote:
<quoted text> It is not a ban on all shotguns or handguns. You are the one being intellectually dishonest. Why should honest law abiding citizens have their children murdered, and have people defending the instrument of their death. I hope the weapons ban passes. I wish you would have your guns taken away. You don't deserve them.
It is also shotguns and hand guns.

WASHINGTON ó California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein staged a dramatic press conference Thursday on Capitol Hill with 10 weapons at her side and unveiled legislation instituting a government ban on more than 150 types of firearms, including rifles, pistols and shotguns.

Flanked by other anti-gun liberal lawmakers, including New York Sen. Chuck Schumer and Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin, Feinstein announced the introduction of the ďAssault Weapons Ban of 2013.Ē
Tippy

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Chicago has the toughest gun laws in America. How is that working out for them? Highest gun murder rate in the country. They disarmed the honest citizens and the criminals have free reign to kill at will. Citizens can't protect their children now. They are at the mercy of killers due to liberal feel good do nothing policies.
mercy

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

This will need get solved. GOD BLESS AMERICA!
1 post removed

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Tippy wrote:
Chicago has the toughest gun laws in America. How is that working out for them? Highest gun murder rate in the country. They disarmed the honest citizens and the criminals have free reign to kill at will. Citizens can't protect their children now. They are at the mercy of killers due to liberal feel good do nothing policies.
Updated: Sunday Jan 27, 2013 12:15 AM EST

CHICAGO (AP)- At least five people were gunned down Saturday in Chicago, including a 34-year-old man whose mother had already lost her three other children to shootings.

Yeah those gun bans really work. NOT!
Ignorance

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

MindlessFoxBot wrote:
<quoted text>Updated: Sunday Jan 27, 2013 12:15 AM EST
CHICAGO (AP)- At least five people were gunned down Saturday in Chicago, including a 34-year-old man whose mother had already lost her three other children to shootings.
Yeah those gun bans really work. NOT!
The ban on handguns in Chicago was thrown out in 2010. A quote for you from someone from Chicago. They might have more of a clue about gun violence since they have to witness it.ď'Thereís just way too many guns in this city,' Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy said at a press conference last week.'Thereís way too many guns in the state of Illinois. And itís one of those situations that if we donít do something about it Ė and everything we do matters--if we donít do something about it, itís just going to continue at the rate that it is.'" Too many guns? Is that what he said? I thought no one had any guns there. I mean that's what I've been told by my NRA talking points memo. You are completely devoid of facts. All you have is rhetoric. You are a pussyboy. Go polish your big guns and dream of having a normal sized penis.
Ignorance

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Tippy wrote:
<quoted text>It is also shotguns and hand guns.
WASHINGTON ó California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein staged a dramatic press conference Thursday on Capitol Hill with 10 weapons at her side and unveiled legislation instituting a government ban on more than 150 types of firearms, including rifles, pistols and shotguns.
Flanked by other anti-gun liberal lawmakers, including New York Sen. Chuck Schumer and Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin, Feinstein announced the introduction of the ďAssault Weapons Ban of 2013.Ē
Not going after your pistols, at least not all of them. The list was very specific, and you are acting like it is all rifles shotguns and handguns. That is intellectually dishonest. Same with those Chicago lies the NRA has you all spouting off. It is as easy as driving a couple of hours and purchasing any weapon you want. That's the reason we need to make everyone transferring a gun to do a background check. Private sale or gun dealer it shouldn't matter. We need to make a national registry for these types of weapons already out there. Also, make a list of all the people involuntarily institutionalized. There are many little things that might actually save lives. Real lives of real people. Not pretend lives of paranoid Rambo mothers that think the government is coming for them. Get real people!

Since: Jan 13

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> The ban on handguns in Chicago was thrown out in 2010. A quote for you from someone from Chicago. They might have more of a clue about gun violence since they have to witness it.ď'Thereís just way too many guns in this city,' Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy said at a press conference last week.'Thereís way too many guns in the state of Illinois. And itís one of those situations that if we donít do something about it Ė and everything we do matters--if we donít do something about it, itís just going to continue at the rate that it is.'" Too many guns? Is that what he said? I thought no one had any guns there. I mean that's what I've been told by my NRA talking points memo. You are completely devoid of facts. All you have is rhetoric. You are a pussyboy. Go polish your big guns and dream of having a normal sized penis.
The recent shootings happened because of the modern Leftist Culture that has been busy removing all sembalance of personal responsibility and respect from our lives. Your President even said this is not a christian nation. It started at the top. If children are not punished at home or school by law what can you expect?? We have done this to ourselves.
Ignorance

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

-Earl- wrote:
<quoted text>
The recent shootings happened because of the modern Leftist Culture that has been busy removing all sembalance of personal responsibility and respect from our lives. Your President even said this is not a christian nation. It started at the top. If children are not punished at home or school by law what can you expect?? We have done this to ourselves.
There are no facts in your statement. We don't live in a Christian nation. What makes you think that you are the one that decides what is right. It is nonsense. You are ridiculous.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

A 2004 critical review of research on firearms by a National Research Council panel also noted that academic studies of the assault weapon ban "did not reveal any clear impacts on gun violence" and noted "due to the fact that the relative rarity with which the banned guns were used in crime before the ban ... the maximum potential effect of the ban on gun violence outcomes would be very small...."

In 2004, a research report submitted to the United States Department of Justice and the National Institute of Justice found that should the ban be renewed, its effects on gun violence would likely be small, and perhaps too small for reliable measurement, because rifles in general, including rifles referred to as "assault rifles" or "assault weapons", are rarely used in gun crimes. That study by Christopher S. Koper, Daniel J. Woods, and Jeffrey A. Roth of the Jerry Lee Center of Criminology, University of Pennsylvania found no statistically significant evidence that either the assault weapons ban or the ban on magazines holding more than 10 rounds had reduced gun murders.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> The ban on handguns in Chicago was thrown out in 2010. A quote for you from someone from Chicago. They might have more of a clue about gun violence since they have to witness it.ď'Thereís just way too many guns in this city,' Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy said at a press conference last week.'Thereís way too many guns in the state of Illinois. And itís one of those situations that if we donít do something about it Ė and everything we do matters--if we donít do something about it, itís just going to continue at the rate that it is.'" Too many guns? Is that what he said? I thought no one had any guns there. I mean that's what I've been told by my NRA talking points memo. You are completely devoid of facts. All you have is rhetoric. You are a pussyboy. Go polish your big guns and dream of having a normal sized penis.
Thanks for proving my point. Guns laws are useless because criminals dont follow them. Now go back to your moms basement and cower in the corner waiting for the government to save you. Maybe we can ban shadows so you might leave your house? Grow a pair and stop being such a scared little sissy.
hope

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> You act like I am not concerned or aware of any of that. I do what I can. I donate not only money but time to many causes. The discussion was about an assault weapons ban. I would gladly engage in a conversation about saving lives around the world. Also, my first two sentences in the post you to which you replied were ambiguous. I wasn't saying ATVs murdered kids.
lol yeah, atvs cant murder people. i'm silly.

i think we should discuss worldly problems. and that's probably the most we can do to help solve those problems. Acknowledgment is the most i can do. i would love to move there and physically help, but i am poor, but what i can do is bring awareness,getting mainstream america to face and recognize, then maybe they will be moved to spread the word. hopefully someday when enough people care...boom!, our nation will wake up! We will say "oh this is unethical, we're jerkoffs for not helping sooner." (we can mobilize as a group and demand change,americans rule the world, it's our responsibility to seek justice.)
psycho

Ravenswood, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

hope wrote:
<quoted text>
lol yeah, atvs cant murder people. i'm silly.
i think we should discuss worldly problems. and that's probably the most we can do to help solve those problems. Acknowledgment is the most i can do. i would love to move there and physically help, but i am poor, but what i can do is bring awareness,getting mainstream america to face and recognize, then maybe they will be moved to spread the word. hopefully someday when enough people care...boom!, our nation will wake up! We will say "oh this is unethical, we're jerkoffs for not helping sooner." (we can mobilize as a group and demand change,americans rule the world, it's our responsibility to seek justice.)
screw the world stay home and take care of ourselves. you freaken moron mouth breather
Retired RR

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

psycho wrote:
<quoted text>screw the world stay home and take care of ourselves. you freaken moron mouth breather
You forgot to say smoke dope while your staying at home!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Washington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV How To Open A Beer With A Banana 29 min tate 142
WV 2 dead in explosion at W.Va. chemical plant (Dec '10) 5 hr Cow Tipper 8 3,941
ronda jo salter 15 hr diane 1
KKK recruitment fliers found in Parkersburg (Dec '13) Aug 19 goldstone report 338
Debate: Ferguson - Parkersburg, WV Aug 18 In jackson 1
Pars pain clinic (Jul '13) Aug 15 Southern Comfort 16
Lions Den Aug 15 Southern Comfort 4

Search the Washington Forum:
•••

Flash Flood Warning for Wood County was issued at August 22 at 3:16AM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Washington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000