Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#10896 Jan 25, 2013
ATV-related Fatalities
• As of December 31, 2010, CSPC staff received reports of 11,001 ATV-related fatalities occurring
between 1982 and 2010. CPSC staff has received reports of 317 ATV-related fatalities occurring in
2010, 649 occurring in 2009, 707 occurring in 2008, and 804 occurring in 2007. Reporting for the
years 2007 through 2010 is ongoing; these numbers are expected to increase in future reports.
• From 1982 through 2010, CPSC staff received reports of 2,775 ATV-related fatalities that were
children younger than 16 years of age. This represents 25 percent of the total number of reported
ATV-related fatalities (11,001).
• Of the 2,775 ATV-related fatalities of children younger than 16 years of age, 1,184 (43 percent)
were younger than 12 years of age.
• In 2006, the most recent year where reporting is considered complete, 142 (17 percent) of the
reported 833 ATV-related fatalities were children younger than 16 years of age.
• The estimated number of ATV-related fatalities is 781 for 2009, 833 for 2008, and 893 for 2007.
Reporting for 2007 through 2009 is ongoing; thus, these numbers are expected to change in future
reports.
• In 2006, the most recent year where reporting is considered complete, the estimated number of
ATV-related fatalities is 903. The estimated number of 4-wheel ATV-related fatalities in 2006 is 876.
The corresponding estimated risk of death per 10,000 4-wheel ATVs in use is 1.0 for the year 2006,
decreasing from 1.1 in 2005.
ATV-related Emergency Department-Treated Injury Estimates
• In 2010, there is an estimated 115,000 ATV-related emergency department-treated injuries in the
United States. An estimated 28,300 (25 percent) of these were children younger than 16 years of
age.

Since: Jan 13

Charlottesville, VA

#10897 Jan 25, 2013
Still have my package where is yours?

Bwahahahaha!!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#10898 Jan 25, 2013
I have just clearly proven with statistical evidence that far more lives would be saved if we ban either baseball bats or ATV's than by banning assault rifles, so why are we only going after the guns again? If saving lives is the goal banning ATV's would be far far more successful, fact!
Dont look back

United States

#10899 Jan 25, 2013
MindlessFoxBot wrote:
I have just clearly proven with statistical evidence that far more lives would be saved if we ban either baseball bats or ATV's than by banning assault rifles, so why are we only going after the guns again? If saving lives is the goal banning ATV's would be far far more successful, fact!
So that's why they don't have baseball in Russia?

Since: Jan 13

Charlottesville, VA

#10900 Jan 25, 2013
Oh no, Sarah Palin has been let go by FOX? That is the last straw, FU liberal commie b#@c$%s!! That was the grEatest news channel on earth, O'Reilly even told me that. I am gonna turn the channel!!!
Sheesh

Princeton, WV

#10901 Jan 25, 2013
-Earl- wrote:
Oh no, Sarah Palin has been let go by FOX? That is the last straw, FU liberal commie b#@c$%s!! That was the grEatest news channel on earth, O'Reilly even told me that. I am gonna turn the channel!!!
You need to hit the bong or something Holmes, chill out you are busting a gasket over nothing if you ask me, I always thought she came off as slutty myself.
Anonymous

Huntington, WV

#10902 Jan 25, 2013
Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> Yea, those numbers don't lie. Our gun violence rates are on par with those countries they named. All of which are far more dangerous than European countries. America is right there with them. That is not a lie. You keep cherry picking facts that suit your cause.
you're whacked out of your mind if you think there's any truth presented by that chart
Ignorance

Fairmont, WV

#10903 Jan 25, 2013
MindlessFoxBot wrote:
Well there should be more laws concerning ATVs. If we save a child from being murdered it was worth it. I don't see the logic. We shouldn't address mass murder because people die in ATV accidents or because people kill people with hammers. Please you are a tiny puckered loser. One that is afraid and scared, and that's why you want your guns.
Just Askin

Fairmont, WV

#10904 Jan 25, 2013
-Earl- wrote:
What makes the difference, you are way too ignorant to understand news anyway?
Just Sayin

United States

#10905 Jan 25, 2013
A sheriff released a radio ad urging Milwaukee-area residents to learn to handle firearms so they can defend themselves while waiting for police.
In the 30-second commercial, Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke Jr. says personal safety is no longer a spectator sport."I need you in the game," he says. "You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back.... Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there."
burner

Charleston, WV

#10906 Jan 25, 2013
Any one but Manchin he is only out for his self
1 post removed
Ignorance

Fairmont, WV

#10908 Jan 26, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
A sheriff released a radio ad urging Milwaukee-area residents to learn to handle firearms so they can defend themselves while waiting for police.
In the 30-second commercial, Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke Jr. says personal safety is no longer a spectator sport."I need you in the game," he says. "You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back.... Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there."
Did he say buy and assault rifle? That's the only gun law anyone has suggested. An AR would not be optimal for home defense. Not to mention that the rural population has a completely different view of guns than those in urban areas. You don't see the violence first hand. The only thing most of you will ever shoot is an animal. The politicians in this country will not come after your handguns or hunting rifles. They don't even want to confiscate your assault weapons. They want to stop selling them and have the ones out there already registered. Please come back to reality, and stop trying to make the government look tyrannical. Stop calling people bad Americans for supporting an assault weapons ban. Stop threatening violence. Do we not live in a democratic society? Shouldn't the majority rule? What makes you so special?
Tippy

Alexandria, VA

#10909 Jan 26, 2013
Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> Did he say buy and assault rifle? That's the only gun law anyone has suggested. An AR would not be optimal for home defense. Not to mention that the rural population has a completely different view of guns than those in urban areas. You don't see the violence first hand. The only thing most of you will ever shoot is an animal. The politicians in this country will not come after your handguns or hunting rifles. They don't even want
to confiscate your assault weapons. They want to
stop selling them and have the ones out there
already registered. Please come back to reality,
and stop trying to make the government look
tyrannical. Stop calling people bad Americans for
supporting an assault weapons ban. Stop
threatening violence. Do we not live in a
democratic society? Shouldn't the majority rule?
What makes you so special?
you are either lying or mistaken. Assault rifles are not the only one under attack. The liberal feinsteins bill attacks shotguns and handguns. Why should honest law abiding citizens have to lose our freedoms because of the animals that a liberal society has created? Cities are full of gangs, rats and dishonest politicians. Now, normal people have to suffer because of killers that the low moral, low ethics, liberal ilk has created.
devastated

Fairmont, WV

#10910 Jan 26, 2013
Tippy wrote:
<quoted text>you are either lying or mistaken. Assault rifles are not the only one under attack. The liberal feinsteins bill attacks shotguns and handguns. Why should honest law abiding citizens have to lose our freedoms because of the animals that a liberal society has created? Cities are full of gangs, rats and dishonest politicians. Now, normal people have to suffer because of killers that the low moral, low ethics, liberal ilk has created.
It is not a ban on all shotguns or handguns. You are the one being intellectually dishonest. Why should honest law abiding citizens have their children murdered, and have people defending the instrument of their death. I hope the weapons ban passes. I wish you would have your guns taken away. You don't deserve them.
hope

Huntington, WV

#10911 Jan 26, 2013
Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> Yea, those numbers don't lie. Our gun violence rates are on par with those countries they named. All of which are far more dangerous than European countries. America is right there with them. That is not a lie. You keep cherry picking facts that suit your cause.
you need to educate yourself on what real empirical research is. That chart is ridiculous,if you can't see that then you need someone to teach you the difference between research and biased manipulated research, which is false. in my earlier post about this i outlined all of its faults. South America has the same amount of gun violence as europe, you're being racist against south america.
hope

Huntington, WV

#10912 Jan 26, 2013
MindlessFoxBot wrote:
I think our forefathers fully expected and even wanted a country full of heavily armed citizens, what they didnt envision what a country full of mentally disturbed pyschos not getting the mental help they need. They also knew there would be scaredy little gun grabbers like "Ignorance" who would gladly trade away their liberties, that is why they specifically wrote it into the Constitution. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed!!!!!!!
our forefathers did want us to have guns, for good reason. Overthrow the government/revolution if necessary (i hope not,i'm very nonviolent). We have our guns to protect us from the government.
hope

Huntington, WV

#10913 Jan 26, 2013
Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> Well there should be more laws concerning ATVs. If we save a child from being murdered it was worth it. I don't see the logic. We shouldn't address mass murder because people die in ATV accidents or because people kill people with hammers. Please you are a tiny puckered loser. One that is afraid and scared, and that's why you want your guns.
lol save a child from being murdered, you say? by atvs? wtf, man? what about the 20,000 of them dying everyday from starvation? and war, by the weapons of our military? these are the issues we need to be concerning ourselves with! It can change, americans are either too selfish or lazy...probably both to bother themselves with it. enjoy the cheeseburger you'll probably be having today, and the french fries you'll probably throw away half of. Enjoy shitting in clean water. think about it.
hope

Huntington, WV

#10914 Jan 26, 2013
General Disarray wrote:
its all gone to pot
psh. i wish, then all of our problems might get solved a lot faster.
hope

Huntington, WV

#10915 Jan 26, 2013
Tippy wrote:
<quoted text>you are either lying or mistaken. Assault rifles are not the only one under attack. The liberal feinsteins bill attacks shotguns and handguns. Why should honest law abiding citizens have to lose our freedoms because of the animals that a liberal society has created? Cities are full of gangs, rats and dishonest politicians. Now, normal people have to suffer because of killers that the low moral, low ethics, liberal ilk has created.
nah, you got it all wrong. i agree with all of the low moral and ethics part. but the reason is not with liberals. The problem is inherent in the system. people are being oppressed. we need better education, housing, JOBS, and laws(that are enforced)to prohibit police brutality. you know in the inner cities more males go to jail than finish high school?
hope

Huntington, WV

#10916 Jan 26, 2013
"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical."

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”

"The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." - thomas jefferson

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Child custody lawyer - Parkersburg (Feb '13) 2 hr Client 4
Family Law Judge Tallman (Aug '11) 5 hr ctf 10
Anyone know a Jay Vanskiver? Tue ewww 3
Places to get an inspection sticker Mon Help 1
WV How To Open A Beer With A Banana Mon Enter Username 224
Burgtramps Sun burgtramp police 1
To the GREAT SATAN Sep 14 HAMAS 1
•••
•••
•••