Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Bubba wrote:
<quoted text> The country is going down hill because of dick heads like you sweetie.
This is truly something rare, a reasonable person on topix. Thank you.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> If they ban assault weapons and try to take them back is that enough for you to MURDER another American? Where is the cut off? Also I don't need to change my name. A lot of people are offended by threats of violence from nutty assh*les like yourself. Grow a dick and get rid of your guns.
If the SCOTUS says I have to turn them in, I will. I would never murder another law abiding American. Grow a dick and stop being a pansyfied commie who is scared of guns. Guns arent going anywhere, at least not til you change the Constitution....Good luck with that. LOL Have a nice day.
Ignorance

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

MindlessFoxBot wrote:
<quoted text>If the SCOTUS says I have to turn them in, I will. I would never murder another law abiding American. Grow a dick and stop being a pansyfied commie who is scared of guns. Guns arent going anywhere, at least not til you change the Constitution....Good luck with that. LOL Have a nice day.
What's funny? Dead kids. Oh that's right you just don't care.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

According to Senator Feinstein, so-called assault weapons have been used in 385 murders since the AWB expired in 2004, or about 48 murders per year. But there were 8,583 total murders with guns in the United States in 2011, meaning so-called assault weapons were used 0.6% of the time.
Further illustrating the small role so-called assault weapons play in crime, FBI data shows that 323 murders were committed with rifles of any kind in 2011. In comparison, 496 murders were committed with hammers and clubs, and 1,694 murders were perpetrated with knives.
Insofar as the AR-15 is used in crimes, the rifle's popularity must be considered.
Besides the AR-15, James Holmes used a best-selling and arguably more lethal shotgun at the Aurora movie theater shooting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

ATV-related Fatalities
As of December 31, 2010, CSPC staff received reports of 11,001 ATV-related fatalities occurring
between 1982 and 2010. CPSC staff has received reports of 317 ATV-related fatalities occurring in
2010, 649 occurring in 2009, 707 occurring in 2008, and 804 occurring in 2007. Reporting for the
years 2007 through 2010 is ongoing; these numbers are expected to increase in future reports.
From 1982 through 2010, CPSC staff received reports of 2,775 ATV-related fatalities that were
children younger than 16 years of age. This represents 25 percent of the total number of reported
ATV-related fatalities (11,001).
Of the 2,775 ATV-related fatalities of children younger than 16 years of age, 1,184 (43 percent)
were younger than 12 years of age.
In 2006, the most recent year where reporting is considered complete, 142 (17 percent) of the
reported 833 ATV-related fatalities were children younger than 16 years of age.
The estimated number of ATV-related fatalities is 781 for 2009, 833 for 2008, and 893 for 2007.
Reporting for 2007 through 2009 is ongoing; thus, these numbers are expected to change in future
reports.
In 2006, the most recent year where reporting is considered complete, the estimated number of
ATV-related fatalities is 903. The estimated number of 4-wheel ATV-related fatalities in 2006 is 876.
The corresponding estimated risk of death per 10,000 4-wheel ATVs in use is 1.0 for the year 2006,
decreasing from 1.1 in 2005.
ATV-related Emergency Department-Treated Injury Estimates
In 2010, there is an estimated 115,000 ATV-related emergency department-treated injuries in the
United States. An estimated 28,300 (25 percent) of these were children younger than 16 years of
age.

Since: Jan 13

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Still have my package where is yours?

Bwahahahaha!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I have just clearly proven with statistical evidence that far more lives would be saved if we ban either baseball bats or ATV's than by banning assault rifles, so why are we only going after the guns again? If saving lives is the goal banning ATV's would be far far more successful, fact!
Dont look back

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

MindlessFoxBot wrote:
I have just clearly proven with statistical evidence that far more lives would be saved if we ban either baseball bats or ATV's than by banning assault rifles, so why are we only going after the guns again? If saving lives is the goal banning ATV's would be far far more successful, fact!
So that's why they don't have baseball in Russia?

Since: Jan 13

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Oh no, Sarah Palin has been let go by FOX? That is the last straw, FU liberal commie b#@c$%s!! That was the grEatest news channel on earth, O'Reilly even told me that. I am gonna turn the channel!!!
Sheesh

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

-Earl- wrote:
Oh no, Sarah Palin has been let go by FOX? That is the last straw, FU liberal commie b#@c$%s!! That was the grEatest news channel on earth, O'Reilly even told me that. I am gonna turn the channel!!!
You need to hit the bong or something Holmes, chill out you are busting a gasket over nothing if you ask me, I always thought she came off as slutty myself.
Anonymous

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> Yea, those numbers don't lie. Our gun violence rates are on par with those countries they named. All of which are far more dangerous than European countries. America is right there with them. That is not a lie. You keep cherry picking facts that suit your cause.
you're whacked out of your mind if you think there's any truth presented by that chart
Ignorance

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

MindlessFoxBot wrote:
Well there should be more laws concerning ATVs. If we save a child from being murdered it was worth it. I don't see the logic. We shouldn't address mass murder because people die in ATV accidents or because people kill people with hammers. Please you are a tiny puckered loser. One that is afraid and scared, and that's why you want your guns.
Just Askin

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

-Earl- wrote:
What makes the difference, you are way too ignorant to understand news anyway?
Just Sayin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

A sheriff released a radio ad urging Milwaukee-area residents to learn to handle firearms so they can defend themselves while waiting for police.
In the 30-second commercial, Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke Jr. says personal safety is no longer a spectator sport."I need you in the game," he says. "You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back.... Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there."
burner

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Any one but Manchin he is only out for his self
1 post removed
Ignorance

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
A sheriff released a radio ad urging Milwaukee-area residents to learn to handle firearms so they can defend themselves while waiting for police.
In the 30-second commercial, Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke Jr. says personal safety is no longer a spectator sport."I need you in the game," he says. "You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back.... Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there."
Did he say buy and assault rifle? That's the only gun law anyone has suggested. An AR would not be optimal for home defense. Not to mention that the rural population has a completely different view of guns than those in urban areas. You don't see the violence first hand. The only thing most of you will ever shoot is an animal. The politicians in this country will not come after your handguns or hunting rifles. They don't even want to confiscate your assault weapons. They want to stop selling them and have the ones out there already registered. Please come back to reality, and stop trying to make the government look tyrannical. Stop calling people bad Americans for supporting an assault weapons ban. Stop threatening violence. Do we not live in a democratic society? Shouldn't the majority rule? What makes you so special?
Tippy

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> Did he say buy and assault rifle? That's the only gun law anyone has suggested. An AR would not be optimal for home defense. Not to mention that the rural population has a completely different view of guns than those in urban areas. You don't see the violence first hand. The only thing most of you will ever shoot is an animal. The politicians in this country will not come after your handguns or hunting rifles. They don't even want
to confiscate your assault weapons. They want to
stop selling them and have the ones out there
already registered. Please come back to reality,
and stop trying to make the government look
tyrannical. Stop calling people bad Americans for
supporting an assault weapons ban. Stop
threatening violence. Do we not live in a
democratic society? Shouldn't the majority rule?
What makes you so special?
you are either lying or mistaken. Assault rifles are not the only one under attack. The liberal feinsteins bill attacks shotguns and handguns. Why should honest law abiding citizens have to lose our freedoms because of the animals that a liberal society has created? Cities are full of gangs, rats and dishonest politicians. Now, normal people have to suffer because of killers that the low moral, low ethics, liberal ilk has created.
devastated

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Tippy wrote:
<quoted text>you are either lying or mistaken. Assault rifles are not the only one under attack. The liberal feinsteins bill attacks shotguns and handguns. Why should honest law abiding citizens have to lose our freedoms because of the animals that a liberal society has created? Cities are full of gangs, rats and dishonest politicians. Now, normal people have to suffer because of killers that the low moral, low ethics, liberal ilk has created.
It is not a ban on all shotguns or handguns. You are the one being intellectually dishonest. Why should honest law abiding citizens have their children murdered, and have people defending the instrument of their death. I hope the weapons ban passes. I wish you would have your guns taken away. You don't deserve them.
hope

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> Yea, those numbers don't lie. Our gun violence rates are on par with those countries they named. All of which are far more dangerous than European countries. America is right there with them. That is not a lie. You keep cherry picking facts that suit your cause.
you need to educate yourself on what real empirical research is. That chart is ridiculous,if you can't see that then you need someone to teach you the difference between research and biased manipulated research, which is false. in my earlier post about this i outlined all of its faults. South America has the same amount of gun violence as europe, you're being racist against south america.
hope

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

MindlessFoxBot wrote:
I think our forefathers fully expected and even wanted a country full of heavily armed citizens, what they didnt envision what a country full of mentally disturbed pyschos not getting the mental help they need. They also knew there would be scaredy little gun grabbers like "Ignorance" who would gladly trade away their liberties, that is why they specifically wrote it into the Constitution. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed!!!!!!!
our forefathers did want us to have guns, for good reason. Overthrow the government/revolution if necessary (i hope not,i'm very nonviolent). We have our guns to protect us from the government.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Washington Discussions

Search the Washington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Tamara Gray 18 hr West Virginia land owner 6
Review: Sundowner Used Auto Sales (Jul '08) Thu someone who knows 28
Which train is ur dream with ur wedding dress Wed BeautyDress 2
love to eat bbw woman Jul 21 lol 3
Ashley Lockhart Jul 19 Yep 5
Latrobe Street Jul 19 Yeah Yeah 3
Marijuana Legalization in West Virginia Jul 18 Yep 4
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Wood County was issued at July 26 at 2:02PM EDT