Groups plan rallies for impeachment around state

Aug 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: West Virginia Metro

A national movement aimed at removing President Obama from office is underway. This weekend and next week across America demonstrations termed "Overpasses for Impeachment" are set.

Comments
1 - 20 of 223 Comments Last updated Sep 17, 2013
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
buddy mc garrett

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Would like to know more about the Tazewell air show.
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Not a very informative story. I would like to know some of the reasons these people think he should be impeached. I think he should be also, but not sure if it is for the same reasons.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

United States Constitution, Article II, Section 4: "The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."

Just what crimes of treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors do you think Obama is guilty of?

Not liking a president is not grounds for removal from office. If it were, none of our presidents would have served a full term.
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Lesson Learned wrote:
United States Constitution, Article II, Section 4: "The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."
Just what crimes of treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors do you think Obama is guilty of?
Not liking a president is not grounds for removal from office. If it were, none of our presidents would have served a full term.
To start how about knowingly and willfully violating the 4th amendment rights of millions of law abiding citizens suspected of nothing. That in itself is enough to impeach.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Which section of the 4th Amendment to the Constitution are you talking about? There are four.

That's what I thought.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Lesson Learned wrote:
I agree...NO proof he has done that YET..Congress (HOR) brings the charges, and the Senate is responsible for trial..

A constitutional matter would have to be ruled on by the Supreme Court first wouldn't it?...Specifically, that HE violated said Amendment?....Just asking:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

I don't know that the SC has to rule on it first. They impeached Bill Clinton just for lying about having sex with a woman...guess that was a misdemeanor. So far as I know poor old Obama hasn't even done that.
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Yeah sit back and be apathetic sheeple. Congress wont bring charges because most of them are equally complicit. No proof? Snowden the patriot provided the proof. It appears you choose to ignore the truth and defend the corruption, and that is your choice. I say impeach the lying law breaker and Constitutional rights violator!

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Lesson Learned wrote:
I don't know that the SC has to rule on it first. They impeached Bill Clinton just for lying about having sex with a woman...guess that was a misdemeanor. So far as I know poor old Obama hasn't even done that.
High crimes and misdemeanors do not always have to involve the constitution do they?:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Arthur wrote:
Yeah sit back and be apathetic sheeple. Congress wont bring charges because most of them are equally complicit. No proof? Snowden the patriot provided the proof. It appears you choose to ignore the truth and defend the corruption, and that is your choice. I say impeach the lying law breaker and Constitutional rights violator!
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Snowden the patriot provided the truth?...You just lost me as a supporter:)

The man gets asylum in RUSSIA because he says WE violate privacy rights?....LOL..get a new "patriot" and I'll listen:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

P.S. The last "patriot" like him we had, was an American, who came home from Russia, and killed the POTUS...OSWALD

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Arthur wrote:
Snowden is not a patriot...he is a traitor. He took an oath to support the USA when he was hired but he worked just a few months before he turnedcoat and fled to China and then to Russia and I have no doubt he spilled his guts to both. You're either for the USA or you're against us, and I don't have to wonder which category Snowden falls into.

If you're not a traitor to the USA, you have nothing to worry about from NSA.
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Snowden is a real PATRIOT. He fulfilled his oath to SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES, against all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC. The real traitors are the president and members of Congress who knew about this abuse and did nothing. They ignored their oath. You can stick you head in the sand and ignore the tyranny, I will not. Long live EDWARD SNOWDEN, A TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Arthur wrote:
Snowden is a real PATRIOT. He fulfilled his oath to SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES, against all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC. The real traitors are the president and members of Congress who knew about this abuse and did nothing. They ignored their oath. You can stick you head in the sand and ignore the tyranny, I will not. Long live EDWARD SNOWDEN, A TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT!!!
Then why did he go to China, and then Russia? They're certainly not friends of ours. Do you think either country is interested in his civil rights? I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you.
Oh my

Martinsburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

You are an idiot if you believe Snowden is a hero! LMFAO!
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Cracks me up when simpletons think they or the current bunch of idiots we have running this country are somehow smarter than the founding fathers, who shed their blood to create this great country and give us our rights and liberty. These people think its OK to ignore the basic principles we have built our country on and that have served us well for over 200 years. The Constitution is what makes this country the greatest and no way will I sit back and let a bunch of idiots who think they are genius destroy it. The Constitution was written SPECIFICALLY to prevent these abuses of power and now they ones in power want to do away with the very thing that keeps them in check and limits their power. Of course they do, power is what they seek and you simpletons are willing to hand it to them willingly. I will stick with the founding fathers and the Constitution.
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

SNOWDEN is a patriot, Impeach Obama. Honor and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Arthur wrote:
Cracks me up when simpletons think they or the current bunch of idiots we have running this country are somehow smarter than the founding fathers, who shed their blood to create this great country and give us our rights and liberty. These people think its OK to ignore the basic principles we have built our country on and that have served us well for over 200 years. The Constitution is what makes this country the greatest and no way will I sit back and let a bunch of idiots who think they are genius destroy it. The Constitution was written SPECIFICALLY to prevent these abuses of power and now they ones in power want to do away with the very thing that keeps them in check and limits their power. Of course they do, power is what they seek and you simpletons are willing to hand it to them willingly. I will stick with the founding fathers and the Constitution.
Well, see my problem is that YOU are interpreting the Constitution and that is merely your opinion. And if you think Snowden is a hero and a patriot then I have no respect for your opinion. Good luck with trying to impeach the president...don't think you will get far with that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Arthur wrote:
How is leaking classified information that could hurt our own people and even troops in the field, make him a Patriot?

He spat on any oath he took by being judge and jury HIMSELF...That wasn't his job and even if he felt the way YOU say he did, he should have done the entire thing differently.
You want another Timothy McVeigh I guess.

You're going to try the Congress of the United States and the POTUS for treason?...Good luck with that one:)
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Talk about brainwashed simpletons. Trying to demonize a true patriot and then not only allowing your own oppression, you morons eagerly defend it. LOL. Say baaaaaaaa.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Washington Discussions

Search the Washington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 12 min Well Duh 54,210
Records broken as cold grips W.Va. (Jan '14) 3 hr -zaphod- 54
Tamara Gray Mon jeremiah koch 9
Review: Sundowner Used Auto Sales (Jul '08) Jul 24 someone who knows 28
Which train is ur dream with ur wedding dress Jul 23 BeautyDress 2
love to eat bbw woman Jul 21 lol 3
Latrobe Street Jul 19 Yeah Yeah 3
•••
•••
•••
Washington Dating

more search filters

less search filters