Contract Causing Delays In Fat Cat's ...

Contract Causing Delays In Fat Cat's Adoption

There are 29 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Aug 28, 2008, titled Contract Causing Delays In Fat Cat's Adoption. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

Fame, fortune and paperwork are holding up the adoption of New Jersey 's fat cat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bonnie

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Aug 28, 2008
Ohhhhhhhh brother ! The CCAS wants the adoptees be required to make public appearances AND fork over any money to them ?? Where doooooooo these people come from ? This family was kind enough to adopt the cat and live happily ever after with him and that should be that !
OH BROTHER

United States

#2 Aug 28, 2008
The poor cat has found a loving home and isn't a street cat anymore. Leave him alone and leave the family alone. The amount of money that could be generated from personal appearance is insignificant. Especially since he weighs 22 lbs v 44 which is questionabe. For heaven's sake - let it go New Jersey!
Melinda

Pennsauken, NJ

#3 Aug 28, 2008
I love pets, but why is this STILL such a big deal??? and continuously newsworthy?? Enough is enough.
NWO

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Aug 28, 2008
Bonnie wrote:
Ohhhhhhhh brother ! The CCAS wants the adoptees be required to make public appearances AND fork over any money to them ?? Where doooooooo these people come from ? This family was kind enough to adopt the cat and live happily ever after with him and that should be that !
Agreed.
Gmoney

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Aug 28, 2008
Get the cat adopted! The shelter should know better than to have a cat make public appearances. Cats' personalities don't typically favor such outings. It's sad that the shelter is treating this matter in such poor fashion.
PoorCat

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Aug 28, 2008
This is crazy..what is wrong with people??? Let this cat live out his life. Give the money to them?? HaHa Are they going to pay the new owner money to loose time from work and gas money to drive him to the public appearances? They should be thankful that someone took him. There are many cat and dogs with no homes. I went to the ASPCA in Philly there were room after room and cases everywhere with cats and kittens. All crying for me to take them. It was very sad. I did find a cat to adopt. But I wish I could take more of them. Before the trip to the SPCA we when to NE PetSmart and their adoption group took our information and never even got back to us. Maybe because we had a hamster?? They didnt think a cat can live with a hamster. My two cats do and they dont even bother with it. I tell them it is a baby cat :) It is all about money! And that is sad!
Bonnie

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Aug 28, 2008
Big fat cat coming to a mall near you ! Get your $10 tickets here so you can walk by it for a whole 10 seconds and stare at it.

I'd like to know what the CCAS has in mind with "appearances".
NWO

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Aug 28, 2008
Bonnie wrote:
Big fat cat coming to a mall near you ! Get your $10 tickets here so you can walk by it for a whole 10 seconds and stare at it.
I'd like to know what the CCAS has in mind with "appearances".
It's all about $$$$$$$
Charlyn

Riverside, NJ

#10 Aug 28, 2008
Yep I agree its all about the money. Let the poor cat alone. He will finally have a good home with good lovin, he doesnt need to be carted all around the county .. poor thing will be scared to death, not to mention ... he could "catch" something from the many people who try to pet him and GOD what if he gets pissed and bites someone ... and in reference to Dannys Adam and Eve's msg, let me put some draino in your coffee you ignorant ass ...
Bonnie

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Aug 28, 2008
NWO wrote:
<quoted text>It's all about $$$$$$$
Here's one. Take it to a school where some youngin who is allergic to cats gets a big rash and the mama sues everyone and then the CCAS will end up having to fork out money for the lawsuit and a lawyer LOL.
Befuddled

Malvern, PA

#13 Aug 28, 2008
This is just wrong! Why don't they just sell pictures of Powder on eBay and donate the proceeds if they want the money that badly. It's not fair to make the owner sign a contract like this.

And Dannys from WAYNE, PA, why should they put this cat to sleep?? Go take your medication!
Kaotikitty

Hayward, CA

#14 Aug 28, 2008
Dannys Adam and Eve wrote:
Isn't the 15 minutes of fame for this obese feline over yet??? Why is this even news anymore much less news from the start? This beast should have been put to sleep months ago!!
Please let me adopt her. I'll deal with her real quick with nice meal of chicken livers, fish and some DRAINO Max. Good Grief!!
Nice attitude, Danny's Adam and Eve. You obviously have some real issues and I hope someone does unto you what you'd have done to this innocent being.
Redneck

East New Market, MD

#15 Aug 28, 2008
Just put the fat cat down and be done with it.
Lulu

Mount Laurel, NJ

#16 Aug 28, 2008
Is there no end to bureacratic greed? I could understand if the shelter wanted the family to agree NOT to allow public appearances. At least that way the cat wouldn't be exploited.
Bob

Fredericksburg, VA

#17 Aug 28, 2008
What I still don't understand is why the first owner of this cat (the one with foreclosure) didn't give the cat to someone who could take care of it - friend, relative, shelter - was this ever established -- maybe the cat ran away? Foreclosure doesn't happen overnight and then the people have to run for the hills the next day.... If they KNEW they were facing foreclosure, then why didn't they take care of their pet???

AND ENOUGH OF THIS PUBLICITY ALREADY -- ANNOYING!!!!!
Laura

United States

#18 Aug 28, 2008
Your response is about as ugly, uncompassionate and disgusting as it gets. No. 1 it's not a "beast", it's a living animal, specifically a "cat" who deserves to be treated with dignity and respect. No. 2 to threaten to do what you're saying you'd do is beyond inhuman: it's barbaric and denotes a complete LACK of compassion and empathy for another living creature. I'd hate to be a family member of yours. If you thought they weren't "worthy" somehow, would you do away with them with some chicken livers and DRAINO.

'Nuff said.
Isn't the 15 minutes of fame for this obese feline over yet??? Why is this even news anymore much less news from the start? This beast should have been put to sleep months ago!!
Please let me adopt her. I'll deal with her real quick with nice meal of chicken livers, fish and some DRAINO Max. Good Grief!!
Laura

United States

#19 Aug 28, 2008
"Cats hate attention". Oh yeah, you know a LOT about cats. That's probably why mine are all over me, glad to see me when I get home at night - because they "hate attention".

IMHO YOU are the freak that needs to be in a zoo.

Shut up until you can say something constructive.
<quoted text>
No need to be hostile. Not everyone is a cat lover. This beast needs to be put to sleep or dumped into the Philly Zoo in their freak show exhibit. Cats hate attention so I'm sure Garfield is loving the idea of being carted around from mall to mall and showcased like the Bearded Lady at the carnival.
Befuddled

Malvern, PA

#20 Aug 28, 2008
Laura wrote:
Your response is about as ugly, uncompassionate and disgusting as it gets. No. 1 it's not a "beast", it's a living animal, specifically a "cat" who deserves to be treated with dignity and respect. No. 2 to threaten to do what you're saying you'd do is beyond inhuman: it's barbaric and denotes a complete LACK of compassion and empathy for another living creature. I'd hate to be a family member of yours. If you thought they weren't "worthy" somehow, would you do away with them with some chicken livers and DRAINO.
'Nuff said.
<quoted text>
Great post! Dannys from WAYNE, PA is definitely not an animal lover. It's s shame, too, because animals give UNCONDITIONAL love. Yes, even to YOU, Dannys. Take your meds yet today?
linda from ridley park

Media, PA

#21 Aug 28, 2008
<quoted text>
No need to be hostile. Not everyone is a cat lover. This beast needs to be put to sleep or dumped into the Philly Zoo in their freak show exhibit. Cats hate attention so I'm sure Garfield is loving the idea of being carted around from mall to mall and showcased like the Bearded Lady at the carnival.
NO NEED TO BE HOSTILE? What do you consider your initial posting to be, kind & gentle? You've got a nerve accusing someone else of being hostile after talking of feeding the cat draino!
Margie

Philadelphia, PA

#24 Aug 28, 2008
<quoted text>
THANK YOU!!
You BOTH need to be put down!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Township Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1031 exchange properties for sale Jul '17 jimturano 1
Yankee Manager Ralph Houk' old address Jul '17 rocketrod23 1
Junk Car Removal (Sep '15) Jun '17 mombach 5 column 3
When are Public Officials in Park Ridge held ac... May '17 SamAdams2017 2
Silver Lake May '17 Greg 1
Anyone Remember SportsWorld? (Nov '11) Apr '17 ThatBowlerDude 9
Wells Fargo Bank Apr '17 Metro 1

Washington Township Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance