Police: Arrest in Walmart racial comm...

Police: Arrest in Walmart racial comment case

There are 15 comments on the LA Daily News story from Mar 17, 2010, titled Police: Arrest in Walmart racial comment case. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

An arrest has been made in the case of a racial comment being made over the public-address system at a Walmart store in southern New Jersey, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

TRUTH

Coachella, CA

#1 Mar 20, 2010
I have an idea, instead of arresting a guy who played a joke, why dont you go arrest: drug dealers, child molesters, pimps, gang members and illegal aliens. IDIOTS.
John Galt

Monrovia, CA

#2 Mar 20, 2010
Seems like the guy was trying to say "Today we're having a special customer White sale"
FN Cee

Santa Clarita, CA

#3 Mar 20, 2010
My black pals and I laughed at this one ... we were gonna wait untill St Patrick's Day and announce that the corned beef was sold out and that "all Irish" should leave the store immediately ... or really have an impact by asking all fat people to leave the bread and candy departments and take advantage of the sale on treadmills .... this is just silly ...
Vincent The Chin Gigante

Dallas, TX

#4 Mar 20, 2010
I know from the guy that fills the coke machines that he wanted them to leave so they wouldn't be late for the anniversary of the Iraq War celebration in the parking lot.
J Offer

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Mar 20, 2010
Haha, what a waste of police resources. Those protesters need to get a hobby.
J Offer

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Mar 20, 2010
FN Cee wrote:
My black pals and I laughed at this one ... we were gonna wait untill St Patrick's Day and announce that the corned beef was sold out and that "all Irish" should leave the store immediately ... or really have an impact by asking all fat people to leave the bread and candy departments and take advantage of the sale on treadmills .... this is just silly ...
I, as a white man, will be laughing at that -not protesting.
Fred

San Fernando, CA

#7 Mar 20, 2010
I wonder which candidate these jack***** voted for president during the last primary election.

John McCain??? Mike Huckabee??? HRC???

If so, then these clueless neocon idiots should have their voting privileges revoked and be rubbed out, because these candidates would've given amnesty to the millions of illegal aliens by now had either of them been elected.
Rai

Cottageville, SC

#8 Mar 20, 2010
Personally I really don't see anything funny about the entire situation. If a black person would have challenged him and said I'm not going anywhere whitey or some other offence, it probably would have sparked a brawl, and our responses would be very different right now. I'm glad they caught who did it, but I pray that this kid will turn a new leaf. As he goes out into the world, not everyone will get his racial jokes and he may get his butt handed to him.
Not in LA Anymore

Warrior, AL

#9 Mar 20, 2010
Quick work,nice job! Now make the idiot or idiots pay...BIG! so they won't forget it is unacceptable behavior for humans.
bubber

Houston, TX

#10 Mar 20, 2010
FN Cee wrote:
I wonder if walmart should start renting rims !
Reggie

Anaheim, CA

#11 Mar 20, 2010
I'm black and this was much to do about nothing.

Next.
Mike

Monrovia, CA

#12 Mar 20, 2010
RAI,
I read & re-read the article several times and failed to see any reference to the race of this despicable person.'Assuming' he a Anglo (Whitey) sounds racist,serious felony in America.
randy

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Mar 21, 2010
Much ado over little. A teenager doing a dumb prank, initiate an appropriate penalty and keep it from reoccurring. Unfortunately, all the usual numskulls will capitalize on this, and it'll be a huge story, even though its effect was next to nothing. I'm not excusing it, just giving it the appropriate weight and concern. A dimwit comandeering a department store PA microphone isn't a big deal. But it'll be turned into one.
Harry Sucio

United States

#14 Mar 21, 2010
This is a crime? In the United States? A teenage prank that was in poor taste (but is still pretty funny)? Whatever happened to free speech?

I bet he really said "all fat people."

Freedom is going the way of the dodo. Part of that is the freedom to be stupid, the freedom to annoy people and the freedom to offend people. This is not "crying fire in a crowded theater." Not even close. This is just silly. Mildly offensive, but not a crime.
MIKE BOHENEK

Clarks Summit, PA

#15 May 24, 2010
Fred wrote:
I wonder which candidate these jack***** voted for president during the last primary election.
John McCain??? Mike Huckabee??? HRC???
If so, then these clueless neocon idiots should have their voting privileges revoked and be rubbed out, because these candidates would've given amnesty to the millions of illegal aliens by now had either of them been elected.
FRED: AMNESTY to the MILLIONS is just around the corner. OBAMA will be desperate, 2012...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Township Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fair Lawn man charged in sex assault (May '09) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 7
News Fix N.J.'s property taxes, school funding - sta... Apr '16 Nancy Ann 1
News No school in Braddock Park; don't privatize Lib... Apr '16 save braddock park 1
Paramus wrestling coach Jan '16 FTW 1
News Woodcliff Lake Reservoir dam strengthening proj... Jan '16 DANIEL DICSO 1
News Goodwill closes stores across Southern Ontario ... Jan '16 TCH exec prob reason 1
News Local New Jersey film to premiere at Washington... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Felis74 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Washington Township Mortgages