Boy charged in racist Walmart announc...

Boy charged in racist Walmart announcement | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 22 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 21, 2010, titled Boy charged in racist Walmart announcement | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A 16-year-old boy who police said made an announcement at a Walmart in southern New Jersey ordering all black people to leave the store was charged with harassment and bias intimidation, authorities said yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
zeros and ones

Blacklick, OH

#1 Mar 21, 2010
hehehe... boys will be boys
Unbelievable

Zanesville, OH

#2 Mar 21, 2010
He's being charged???!!!

Ridiculous!

WalMart is the real criminal.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#3 Mar 21, 2010
People just can't take a joke anymore. I thought it was hilarious, and I love black people!
Radar U

Delaware, OH

#4 Mar 21, 2010
I also work in a large retail store and I can see the boy's face in my mind as he chuckles to a friend saying,"listen to this! It'll be hilarious!". I have done my share of belches and farts over the overhead PA years back under the same yuks and giggles reasons,"hey,REALLY funny!listen to this!" I doubt that any physical menace was the motive behind it more than immature,and yes,inappropriate boy type jokes.Sure,it was probably ha ha funny to some,but regardless of how "harmless" it was intended to be,it was still very inappropriate.Farts and belches with the volume set to a tooth rattling 20 are funny.Racial slurs are not.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#5 Mar 21, 2010
I don't see how "All black people, leave the store now." is a slur. Inappropriate, yes, but not a slur.
Unbelievable

Zanesville, OH

#6 Mar 21, 2010
Hope this kid has a smart attorney.

This isn't an 'hate crime'

this is an histerical overreaction on behalf of the persecutors.

Even black people see it for what it really is...People f-ing with WalMart. Which, deep down, we all really love.

Note to law enforcement: Stop being corporate idiots.
Ghostryder

Columbus, OH

#7 Mar 22, 2010
Stupid. Stupid prank. Stupid reaction. Stupid waste of taxpayer money.
Was the Situation involved, or did Pookey put him up to it?
John Blutarsky

Columbus, OH

#8 Mar 23, 2010
Send this kid to the White House before the idiot in charge screws up the country any more.
Brobama 08

Groveport, OH

#9 Mar 23, 2010
I wonder if a young brotha would have been charged if he told white people to leave the store.

I doubt it and the white folks would have laughed instead of getting their panties in a knot like the protected class blacks.
GBush

Canal Winchester, OH

#10 Mar 23, 2010
Yeah look at the number of blacks incarcerated and you can see charging and prosecuting blacks is not a problem!And "protected class blacks" what fantasy land are you living in.
throttle jockey

Lima, OH

#11 Mar 23, 2010
now what i love if a black kid or adult would have done the same thing except to whites they wouldn't have even tried him due to Jesse Jackson/ Al Sharpton would have "the circus" in town.
Enzyte Bob

Powell, OH

#15 Mar 24, 2010
Unbelievable wrote:
He's being charged???!!!
Ridiculous!
WalMart is the real criminal.
I thought this was a free country.
Ron

AOL

#16 Mar 24, 2010
The store should simply have a entrance sign that reads 'No Blacks Allowed Within' including Obama.
bosco

Columbus, OH

#18 Mar 24, 2010
They are going to hold Walmart totally responsible for this. The flood gates will open and Cha-Ching.
message board troll

Blacklick, OH

#19 Mar 24, 2010
I think it's only fair that a notable person of color be allowed to make a similar announcement substituting the word "Whites" for "Blacks". My personal choice would be Bill Cosby.
bosco

Columbus, OH

#20 Mar 24, 2010
message board troll wrote:
I think it's only fair that a notable person of color be allowed to make a similar announcement substituting the word "Whites" for "Blacks". My personal choice would be Bill Cosby.
No! No! Danny Glover. We want to hear the bitterness in his voice.
message board troll

Blacklick, OH

#21 Mar 24, 2010
bosco wrote:
<quoted text>No! No! Danny Glover. We want to hear the bitterness in his voice.
Danny Glover would not inspire me to pick up Jello Pudding Pops on my way out of the store.
John Blutarsky

Columbus, OH

#22 Mar 24, 2010
message board troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Danny Glover would not inspire me to pick up Jello Pudding Pops on my way out of the store.
Danny Glover inspires me to go buy some Hugo Boss clothes. Well, he would if I wanted to dress like a metrosexual.
Hmmm

Zanesville, OH

#24 Mar 24, 2010
bosco wrote:
They are going to hold Walmart totally responsible for this. The flood gates will open and Cha-Ching.
Oh god, I can only hope so. Or how about all U.S. citizens make the announcement: Attention Walmart, please go back to China immediately.
Santiago

Norristown, PA

#28 Mar 30, 2010
He did nothing wrong! He said what so many others have wanted to say for so long!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Township Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1031 exchange properties for sale Jul '17 jimturano 1
Yankee Manager Ralph Houk' old address Jul '17 rocketrod23 1
Junk Car Removal (Sep '15) Jun '17 mombach 5 column 3
When are Public Officials in Park Ridge held ac... May '17 SamAdams2017 2
Silver Lake May '17 Greg 1
Anyone Remember SportsWorld? (Nov '11) Apr '17 ThatBowlerDude 9
Wells Fargo Bank Apr '17 Metro 1

Washington Township Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance