Welcome to Washington Twp.

Welcome to Washington Twp.

There are 10 comments on the CourierPostOnline story from Dec 23, 2007, titled Welcome to Washington Twp.. In it, CourierPostOnline reports that:

Area in square miles: 21.49 Est. population : 50,891 Mayor: Paul Moriarty, 589-0520 Web site: www.courierpostonline.com/washingtontwp; www.townshipnj.com Schools superintendent: Dr. via CourierPostOnline

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CourierPostOnline.

“Something to offend everyone!”

Since: Mar 07

Riverside but without a river

#2 Jan 1, 2008
Police department wrote:
Why does our detective division use confidential informants and allow them to commit crimes on innocent residents and get away with it??? The patrol division is disgusted with this as well,they are committing crimes that shouldn't happen in the first place if they had been convicted on previous crimes.
Because this is the easy ride, the gravy train method of doing police work. It gives the scum bag a way to remain a scum bag without the worry of having to toss salad if they end up in prison and it gives the lazy under qualified police detective an easy to look like he/she is actually working in order to make so many arrests of people on drug charges. As an added bonus, when the police kick in the wrong door or raid a home of innocent citizens who were wrongfully accused by a known felon and drug addict, they only have to claim that their scum bag felon addicted informant was "reliable" and has provided goos information in the past and POOF, there is no wrong on their part. Well if you push them, the city will usually replace your front door. But as far as shooting your dog, well there isn't much they can do about that. Mistakes happen and when they happen because the police claim they trusted a known drug addicted felon scum bag (The police Dept's. idea of reliable) they automatically made the mistake in good faith, so you'll just have to live with it.

Such a small price to pay in order to win the "war on drugs" don't you agree?

You see, this unconstitutional practice of letting a scum bag decide who gets their front door kicked in, all began out here in the land of the snitch, California. The golden state, which alone spends more tax money to hold non violent drug users in prison each year, than it would cost to provide health care to every citizen in the entire country! Small price to battle that "war on drugs" though, don't you agree?
It's sad to read that the California method of denying citizens their constitutional rights has infested police departments all across the country.

But the worse is yet to come. The latest trend is to refuse to reveal the identity of an informant. because it will jeopardize other cases in the works and place the scum bag drug addicted yet somehow reliable felon in danger.

So your right to confront your accuser,,, gone! But it's a small price to pay to fight the "war on drugs" don't you agree?

This basically comes down to the police being given an opportunity to kick in any door they please and then "claim" they had a reliable confidential informant, when the truth is that they didn't have $hit! But of course that would be a dishonest tactic for the police to use and we all know the police don't lie under oath, citizens do!

But it's still a small price to pay for, you know what!

Now the next road you can expect your police to follow California's lead and drive down, is actually too unbelievable to post. So I'll just leave you a link to read about it yourselves.

http://www.geoffmetcalf.com/scott_20010731.ht...

Another small price affair, I'm sure you'll agree!

#4 Jan 3, 2008
Wow, Washington Township sure has changed since I grew up there. I read of another law suit filed against the police by one of their own, Tom Lawton, who I went to school with and knew quite well.

Too bad the police department has made that turn for the worse. I never had any animosity toward the police until I move to California. Out here it is as if we are the enemy with a lot of the "stolen lunch Money" cops.

What is the name of the detective you're referring to?
no way

Brentwood, TN

#5 Jan 11, 2008
outonbail wrote:
Wow, Washington Township sure has changed since I grew up there. I read of another law suit filed against the police by one of their own, Tom Lawton, who I went to school with and knew quite well.
Too bad the police department has made that turn for the worse. I never had any animosity toward the police until I move to California. Out here it is as if we are the enemy with a lot of the "stolen lunch Money" cops. What is the name of the detective you're referring to?
I would never slander a police officer in a forum ( nice try ) have a good day. I will prevail!
zack efron

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jan 15, 2008
jo
zack efron

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Jan 15, 2008
hi
Ridgewood Citizen

Aquebogue, NY

#8 Jan 18, 2008
You should see the Ridgewood cops.
They threaten to beat you to your face.

#10 Jan 26, 2008
zack efron wrote:
jo
Yeah, I figured as much. I played against him in little league baseball. He was a punk with "little man" syndrome back then. He got pissed at me once when I told him he looked like a monkey in his catchers gear one game when I was up at bat.

I'm not surprised he became a cop,,, the typical "stolen lunch money" / "sand kicked in his face" out for revenge with a badge type of idiot.

He was certainly no angel as a kid, so I can see him being just as much of a punk as a cop. He should step out of town for a while and see that there's more to the world than the two little square miles he thinks he rules.
disgusted

Morristown, TN

#11 Mar 10, 2008
should say welcome to washington twp, where some of the worst, snobbiest people on earth live
Objective Observer

Brighton, MI

#13 Jul 14, 2009
disgusted wrote:
should say welcome to washington twp, where some of the worst, snobbiest people on earth live
Actually I've found Warenville(exit 36 rt 78) to be rabid with snobby people.I'm using my experirnces at D&D and with my neighbors.Nine times out of ten when I hold the door open for people they say thank you and vise versa. I've actually had peple waiting for me to open the door for them.My neighbors here are great!
Humty Dumty

Lansdale, PA

#14 Jan 27, 2010
disgusted wrote:
not all..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Township Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Facebook Live with Richard A. Norden, MD of N... Sep 19 socialmation 2
News After nearly two years, Woodcliff Lake zoning b... Aug 31 Rich 1
News Cops say teen had sex with young cousin (Feb '09) Aug '16 Jersey Girl 2
Ridgewood Art Institute Jun '16 G Hawthorne 1
News Fair Lawn man charged in sex assault (May '09) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 7
News Fix N.J.'s property taxes, school funding - sta... Apr '16 Nancy Ann 1
News Local New Jersey film to premiere at Washington... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Felis74 1

Washington Township Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Washington Township Mortgages