NC senators propose tougher tobacco r...

NC senators propose tougher tobacco restrictions

There are 3 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 10, 2009, titled NC senators propose tougher tobacco restrictions. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

WASHINGTON North Carolina's two U.S. senators are proposing tougher restrictions on cigarette advertising and labeling in an attempt to sway Congress not to pass a bill that could be even harder on the state's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Yep

Asheville, NC

#1 Mar 11, 2009
But Kaye Hagan, if the cigarette industry is so critical, why is it so overtaxed? the government makes more off a pack of cigs than the makers...is THAT FAIR?

If cigs are so bad, why not outlaw them altogether?

Sgt Rock

Since: Jun 07

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Mar 11, 2009
What about alcohol? That's the real abused killer in this nation.
puffin54

United States

#3 Mar 11, 2009
While I support doing away with alcohol I also strongly support doing away with tobacco. I was young and believed all the ads about smoking. So I smoked for about 50 years. Yes they are addictive. I tried many ways to quit. Guess what, I stopped when I was put in intensive care and the hospital for ten days. Released on oxygen which has been my constant companion for the last ten years. Try staying on a lease unable to breath without it. See all the birthday celebations,weddings,cookout and other functions you are unable to attend because of cigarettes. You would run to get them outlawed. Why are the two senators not as interested in the people of NC as they are the tobacco business? NC gets money from the tobacco settlement which they placed into the Gold Leaf funding. This was supposed to have given farmers money to start other crops and stop raising tobacco.So far it has been used for many things.Was also suppose to go programs for people with breathing problems. Does Western NC have any breathing problems? Where are your interests Senators?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bowery and Lazy Hiker, dirty hikers or homeless... Wed Crockett 5
News Captain D's Now Open in Franklin North Carolina Apr 18 Crockett 4
What has happened to Franklin? (Aug '11) Apr 15 Goosey Goosey 285
Bankrupt Real Estate Agents in Macon County Apr 15 Goosey Goosey 14
Franklin is not a welcoming town (Oct '12) Apr 15 Goosey Goosey 16
Would it be accurate to say there's a Drakonian... Apr 14 Drakonian 6
Mental Health Expo on May 25 Apr 11 PittCollaborative 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Washington Mortgages