Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Hi maconmiddledad or whatever your true identity is. I came across this forum that you and others are posting on and my question to you is "Don't you have a life"? You and others on this forum are "spewing" comments that you do not even know anything about! I am ashamed of you people for even saying anything about Bob Massung (my father) or Gary Gooder (my father in law) As good citizens of Macon County they would be rolling over in their graves to read the crap that you people that so love this community are writing in what is apparently your sad small minded worlds you live in. You should do research on what you say to get the facts before you hide behind your computers to post it. Cowards! Have a good day!

Since: May 12

Andrews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

I'm from California and have been here for 10 years. it's a beautiful, quiet, safe place to raise a family. I think the problem is these city folks like to come in and give their "SUPREME" opinion of what is going on in this town. Mexicans are everywhere..not just here...and yes the population has increased over the years here.

It's like any other town...with a bit more friendly people, who'd be more likely to help you out than cuss you out - unlike most of you on here.
Summer Home Person

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Western Yankee Ridgerunner, you really are clueless, looking for a nirvana that just ain't here.

Alicia Massung Gooder, you are clueless, too, but for a different reason. No one is criticizing your family. It's the CURRENT controllers of the Franklin Press and the employment offices and the police department and the rabidly conservative fruitcakes in politics now that have destroyed the town that Gary and Betsy Gooder and their two children helped work hard to build up.

IT AIN'T YER FRANKLIN ANYMORE, IS IT, ALICIA? It's gone to hell in a hand basket, a cotton mill slum town now. Look around!
Summer Home Person

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Protect your children, get them outta there!

Andrews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Summer Home Person wrote:
Western Yankee Ridgerunner, you really are clueless, looking for a nirvana that just ain't here.
Alicia Massung Gooder, you are clueless, too, but for a different reason. No one is criticizing your family. It's the CURRENT controllers of the Franklin Press and the employment offices and the police department and the rabidly conservative fruitcakes in politics now that have destroyed the town that Gary and Betsy Gooder and their two children helped work hard to build up.
IT AIN'T YER FRANKLIN ANYMORE, IS IT, ALICIA? It's gone to hell in a hand basket, a cotton mill slum town now. Look around!
Ok Mr. or Mrs. "summer home"...clueless, uh NOPE. I didn't say it was nivana, did I?! I said it was a nice safe place to raise kids. Do we have metal detector at our elementary schools...nope. do we have to worry about what colors we are wearing, that might offend a gang member...uh..nope! do we have to deal with car-jackings...not that either! And there are many other reason's why living in the country is better....and I'm from California!!!

as far as your comment " rabidly conservative fruitcakes in politics"..well you must be clueless! this is rampant across America!!! And it goes to show that you have had little PERSONAL interaction with the people of this town b/c you have no clue what is going on in this town!!!

You know...since you seem to know how "bad" it is here, you should consider running for office and MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE!!!
Jerry Stamey

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

No you are all wrong, WesternYankeeRidgeRunner.

I grew up here and I'm related to hundreds of local people. Inbred outlanders have ruined this place. I did try to come go back there to live but couldn't stand the trailers and junky pre-fabs everywhere and the obsession with religion is pitiful.

Depressing place. Don't want my own children to be exposed to all this hatred, obsessive religion and conservative politics.
random user

Waynesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

i was in Franklin about 6 months ago and there was so many gibberish yapping illegals that i have decided that i dont care to ever go back to that crap hole until county officials and Law enforcement rid franklin of all the illegals.
Jerry Stamey

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

random user wrote:
i was in Franklin about 6 months ago and there was so many gibberish yapping illegals that i have decided that i dont care to ever go back to that crap hole until county officials and Law enforcement rid franklin of all the illegals.
I'm wondering, HOW DO YOU KNOW the "gibberish yapping" people you saw were ILLEGALS?

You yourself are a good example of the closed minded people in Franklin.

Andrews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

Jerry Stamey wrote:
No you are all wrong, WesternYankeeRidgeRunner.
I grew up here and I'm related to hundreds of local people. Inbred outlanders have ruined this place. I did try to come go back there to live but couldn't stand the trailers and junky pre-fabs everywhere and the obsession with religion is pitiful.
Depressing place. Don't want my own children to be exposed to all this hatred, obsessive religion and conservative politics.
So sorry you grew up here! It has been a huge change to be here. I am still dumbfounded by "closet racists" - one who says they are not in public but when behind closed doors spew a different song -- makes me sick. And yes, the obsession with religion is over the top...pitiful, naw...everyone is entitled to their own beliefs..they just happen to be concentrated in the south! lol I do plan on leaving one day...so my daughter will be exposed to THE WORLD, not just this "go-nowhere" town. BUT it is still safer than most cities. I refuse to move back to the cities!!! Everyone there is rude, in a hurry, always having to sit in traffic, etc. city life.

Andrews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

random user wrote:
you are clearly blind and stupid...it's an epidemic in the U.S. show me a "white town" ----- stay away lol
Edith Ann

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Korean Vet wrote:
For starters we could organize a members-only food coop for basic food products and household products that we could buy in bulk quantities. For instance, get a deal and poll the members to see if there is enough interest in ordering.
Start following the antics of our elected officials to learn the patterns of their misuse of their positions. Either go to meetings or watch them on Bobby Coggins website.
Find good people to run for elective office and support them openly and aggressively.
Yell loud enough to force the County Commissioners and Airport Authority to keep records and reveal their records so we know how much of our tax money has been spent ad is being spent on the airport.
Force the county to list the name of every member of every board, commission, authority, committee, etc. on their website, along with expiration dates. Then find good people to fill out the applications to be considered for those slots.
Rejuvenate the Democratic Party and make it viable again so that it is a safe place for dialogue and political action and so that it can bring some competition to the political landscape.
Support the growing number of Republicans who are disgusted with their own officials and want change.
Call out every public official who is touting religion as the base for their public work.
Demand that some of the job-hopping administrators (all good old white boys) be ousted and fresh blood brought into the mix.
You make no reasonable sense. Something must be right,or people that complained so much would just leave if its that bad. I love Macon County and if you don't leave. Yeah we do have some bad apples but don't every town? There's greed everywhere. Best thing mind your own business.
Edith Ann

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Some people would be better off to go jump in the river to cool off.
Jerry Stamey

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Bobby Coggins? Thunder Pig? Is still around Franklin?
Forgotten

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Barney Feife wrote:
One term I hate is "have a blessed day", such a veiled religious piece of crap galls me!
Actually, this blessing was stolen by the Christians from the Pagan religions departure blessing, "Blessed Be" as many Christian traditions, holidays, and rituals were, as a way to invite those of other faiths into their folds... I myself am a believer, but I don't force my beliefs on others, and don't share the interpretation of the word that the zealots believe. where Christianity messed up was organizing into separate beliefs and organizing a forced structure over their faith. We all have our own view and interpretation of the word, and our own ideas about the meaning, and none will know the truth until we come face to face with our heavenly father. Christians are not the only ones to make this mistake, and yes, Islam, Judaism, Christian, and even those who are atheist/agnostic have those who take their personal ideas of their faith too far and forget to follow the example of their faith, which they all come down to a few simple things, love of your fellow man, acceptance of their differences, and letting every person as your self, take nothing to excess, and allow each person the free will to make their own decisions regarding matters of faith, living by an example of that you believe without forcing your way on them.
Forgotten

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Got a little distracted on that last part... A.D.D. sucks sometimes... what I meant to say was:

Islam, Judaism, Christian, and even those who are atheist/agnostic have those who take their personal faith too far forcing their views on others, and forget to follow the example of their faith, which they all come down to a few simple things, love of your fellow man, acceptance of their differences, take nothing to excess, and allow each person the free will to make their own decisions regarding matters of faith, living by an example of your own beliefs without forcing your way on them.
very concerned

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

What the heck is going on in the Sheriffs Office? An Officer of the year in NC is forced to resign by a henchman and a Sheriffs officer threatens a teacher and a child and she is slapped on the wrist?
Franklin LEO

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

I am laughing at "very concerned," or should I say "Macon Rebel," or perhaps you are all one and the same: a certain female deputy who was fired for sleeping with her supervisor.

You are a coward if you cannot say these things in a public forum with your own name attached to them.

We here at the office hope you received help during your recent institutionalization.
Zack Sanders

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

So what's the sheriff doing about all this? Who is the supervisor that somebody got fired over? Why didn't he get fired too?
Josh Swafford

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

The reason the woman got a "slap on the wrist" by the Sheriff is that she knows too much stuff on his activities, way too much, same with her husband who should be removed too for his actions!
Josh Swafford

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Too much corruption and politics within the "Peyton Place" called the Macon Sheriff's Office!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Washington Discussions

Search the Washington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 3 hr State of Florida 57,968
So the Sheriff covered up facts on Cochran? So... 3 hr Gordon M 13
Cherokees, town of Franklin in Indian mound clash (Jul '12) Mon wildchold 5
stop crime in macon county Aug 15 Denton 9
Tommy lear Aug 14 Yea 3
Review: AAction Taxi Cab LLC Aug 7 Tony 2
Macon County News Facebook for Drake Enterprises Aug 1 Denton 20
•••
•••
•••
•••

Washington Jobs

•••