Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#34498 Feb 2, 2013
LuLu wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, I know some ole' boys, plus my Grandmother was known to have some "brandy" around. I have a book of hers published in 1889 on "home" beverages.
That would be interesting to see. I watch the show sometimes, Moonshiners. I was just wondering. I've never tasted it, but it looks pretty strong to drink straight like they do. I know there's a restaurant in Maggie valley and probably more that cook with it.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#34499 Feb 2, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I don't make it but I do enjoy some of Junior Johnson's Apple Pie!(Not the legal kind either!!)
For real?? Is that still around or has it been rebranded? He says that's how he learned to drive for NASCAR, running from the "PO-leese."

Location hidden

#34500 Feb 2, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I don't make it but I do enjoy some of Junior Johnson's Apple Pie....and not the legal kind either!!
Do you mix it with anything or just drink it straight?

Location hidden

#34501 Feb 2, 2013
spoonfuloFSugar20 wrote:
Who's going to win Super bowl? Allen? Anyone?
Seriously, I like both teams so just looking for a good game.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#34502 Feb 2, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be nice to have a conversation with someone with out all of the paranoia. Politics, Football, Nascar, just anything. The rest of the forum, seems to be about teenage girls and stupid posts'.
Yes I agree with your first statement. This is a political topix forum even though we do tend to get side tracked sometimes. In the defence of "the rest of the forum" I fail to see the part about teenage girls. I also fail to see stupid. Everyone here states their opinion on the issues and more times than none always back them up with facts and links. Just what posts or who's do you find stupid?

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#34503 Feb 2, 2013
Baltimore..
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#34504 Feb 2, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I don't make it but I do enjoy some of Junior Johnson's Apple Pie!(Not the legal kind either!!)
OMG! it's good stuff.
waco 1909

Humble, TX

#34505 Feb 2, 2013
Apple whiskey?
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#34506 Feb 2, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you anyone on the program, "Moonshiners"? My husband loves that show. Lu was your grandmother from the mountains here in N.C.?
Yes, ma'am, 5 generations of very strong ladies.
waco 1909

Humble, TX

#34507 Feb 2, 2013
With the unemployment rate as high as it is in N.C., i'm surprised y'all aren't making booze out of popcorn.

Location hidden

#34508 Feb 2, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I agree with your first statement. This is a political topix forum even though we do tend to get side tracked sometimes. In the defence of "the rest of the forum" I fail to see the part about teenage girls. I also fail to see stupid. Everyone here states their opinion on the issues and more times than none always back them up with facts and links. Just what posts or who's do you find stupid?
The posts' to the teenagers are pretty "out there" to say the least. Just my opinion!

Location hidden

#34509 Feb 2, 2013
waco 1909 wrote:
Apple whiskey?
Never had any, but did see them make it on TV.
waco 1909

Humble, TX

#34510 Feb 2, 2013
Let's not pick on the new people until they feel secure. ;)

Location hidden

#34511 Feb 2, 2013
waco 1909 wrote:
With the unemployment rate as high as it is in N.C., i'm surprised y'all aren't making booze out of popcorn.
LOL!
waco 1909

Humble, TX

#34512 Feb 2, 2013
There are teenagers on forum? I hope not.

Location hidden

#34513 Feb 2, 2013
waco 1909 wrote:
Let's not pick on the new people until they feel secure. ;)
Stop! Please be normal. Why would Allen want to pick on me? Makes no sense.

Location hidden

#34514 Feb 2, 2013
waco 1909 wrote:
Stop! I'm not playing this game.

Location hidden

#34515 Feb 2, 2013
waco 1909 wrote:
True that. Seven's the youngest one I know of and he's 21 or 22 and certainly not a teenager. Heavens Waco, we're going to have to start checking ID's on this forum.

Location hidden

#34516 Feb 2, 2013
waco 1909 wrote:
You give us ladies long enough and we can come up with anything to eat or drink and it'll be good too!! I'll have to stick to cooking, since I know absolutely nothing about alcohol, so we can divide and conquer.

Location hidden

#34517 Feb 2, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
For real?? Is that still around or has it been rebranded? He says that's how he learned to drive for NASCAR, running from the "PO-leese."
Its still around if you know how and where to get it. I like the show, although I think a lot of it is for the cameras, but its the same concept...it's not always available. You have to preorder and when it's ready you have to have the money or wait til next time, it doesn't last long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Macon County airport does not keep records of u... (Jan '12) 13 hr Ghost Dog 90
Looking for Relations of Lonnie Brown Jr. (Oct '06) Dec 23 Keiya Fields 10
Nepotism and cronyism are alive and well in Mac... (Jun '13) Dec 19 Curtiss 5
What's happening with tourism in Macon County? (Feb '13) Dec 19 Curtiss 33
Macon County News Facebook for Drake Enterprises (Mar '14) Dec 17 Flea Market Banjo 36
Debate: Marijuana - Greenville, NC (Aug '10) Dec 16 Stephen 10
Inbred politics, religion, and DNA have ruined ... (Mar '12) Dec 15 Ghost Dog 33
Washington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Washington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Washington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Washington

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:29 am PST

Bleacher Report11:29AM