Anbar Officials Seek Additional US Aid

Anbar Officials Seek Additional US Aid

There are 15 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 6, 2007, titled Anbar Officials Seek Additional US Aid. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Declaring near-victory against al-Qaida, Sunni officials from Iraq's Anbar province laid out Friday what they want now from the United States: money to rebuild its battle-damaged cities, help expanding its ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Rjinchi

Elk Grove Village, IL

#1 Nov 8, 2007
why bring them home? Is it due to an ill concieved war plan, billions of $$ wasted and unaccounted for and thousands of dead soldiers becuase W and Cheney lied to get to the oil. Osama wasnt an Iraqi, and he is nowhere to be found. Wake up America! Remember the current state of our nation in the next election cycle. And yes, I am patriotic, just becuase I totally disagree with this currnent administration does not make me less of an American.
Demo-Dumbos

Schaumburg, IL

#2 Nov 16, 2007
Rjinchi wrote:
why bring them home? Is it due to an ill concieved war plan, billions of $$ wasted and unaccounted for and thousands of dead soldiers becuase W and Cheney lied to get to the oil. Osama wasnt an Iraqi, and he is nowhere to be found. Wake up America! Remember the current state of our nation in the next election cycle. And yes, I am patriotic, just becuase I totally disagree with this currnent administration does not make me less of an American.
Didn't Hillary, Edwards, etc... vote for the war? How is it all Bush's fault?
Carl L

United States

#3 Nov 16, 2007
Maybe the democratic congress has woken up. Their poor approval rating isn't because they won't support King George and give him all of the money he wants for his war. It is because they HAVE funded it and people are pissed.

It's just like my father used to tell me on "Liver night"... "When you get hungry enough, you'll eat"

Keep sending the same bill back... when the republican senators and the president get hungry enough... they'll eat.
don

Evanston, IL

#4 Nov 16, 2007
Bringing our troops home will not end the war, it will only stop our active participation in it.

Please remember, this is a war that we started. Don't we have a responsibility to the good people of Iraq? Not the politicians, but the people.

God bless the folks we elected to represent us in Congress. What a mess we have visited upon ourselves.

Right now, no matter what we do we cannot win.
Carl L

United States

#5 Nov 16, 2007
Demo-Dumbos wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't Hillary, Edwards, etc... vote for the war? How is it all Bush's fault?
ummm... you're kidding... right?

I don't know if I can blame them for supporting the war initially if their vote was based on information the president and his advisors provided to them.

How could they know that much of it was manipulated or outright false...

It's George's War make no mistake about it.
Jim A in Chicago

United States

#6 Nov 16, 2007
When Gingrich didn't eat his liver in the budget showdown with Clinton, the American people sent him and the Republicans to bed without their super. And that is what this congress is afraid of now. Although the ratings for congress as a whole are lower then the president's, the popularity of individual senate members remain higher and usually depends on local political conditions.

As for Hillery's, Edwards', etc. vote for the war; like the rest of us, we were lied to by the President and his staff.
Brad

United States

#7 Nov 16, 2007
I think it's time the government leaders in Iraq step up and show the world they want peace instead of continued violence and U.S. handouts.
Bob

United States

#8 Nov 16, 2007
Time to shut this disaster down.

Since: Nov 07

Dublin, OH

#9 Nov 16, 2007
Carl L wrote:
<quoted text>
ummm... you're kidding... right?
I don't know if I can blame them for supporting the war initially if their vote was based on information the president and his advisors provided to them.
How could they know that much of it was manipulated or outright false...
It's George's War make no mistake about it.
So you justify YOUR politicians voting blind? Its THEIR job to research the topic, and to vote accordingly.

Jesus, stop making excuses.
Carl L

United States

#10 Nov 16, 2007
Brad wrote:
I think it's time the government leaders in Iraq step up and show the world they want peace instead of continued violence and U.S. handouts.
Isn't that what Bush promised? They would be held to "Benchmarks". Why don't we hear about those anymore? If we are being so successful can't we hold up the "benchmarks" as proof of progress and the need to continue funding?
Carl L

United States

#11 Nov 16, 2007
jcarlilesiu wrote:
<quoted text>
So you justify YOUR politicians voting blind? Its THEIR job to research the topic, and to vote accordingly.
Jesus, stop making excuses.
there is a big difference between "voting blind" and being purposely mislead and misinformed by the administration.

Do you expect every senator to have their own international intelligence network? Shouldn't they be able to trust the administration to tell them the truth?
Branson

Jacksonville, FL

#12 Nov 16, 2007
So the Democrats are going to deny the troops their equipment, their medical care, their basic protection so the left wingers can make a political point with their dipsy Mor-On.org supporters. Now we know what a Thanksgiving turkey is: It's a Democrat-controlled Congress.
Carl L

United States

#14 Nov 16, 2007
Branson wrote:
So the Democrats are going to deny the troops their equipment, their medical care, their basic protection so the left wingers can make a political point with their dipsy Mor-On.org supporters. Now we know what a Thanksgiving turkey is: It's a Democrat-controlled Congress.
The democrats are denying the troops anything. They passed a bill (several bills) and sent them to the President. If he chooses to veto them then HE is the one who is denying the funding.
She Be Me

AOL

#15 Nov 16, 2007
Iraq can pay for their own rebuilding with their oil.
TOM SLICK

Chicago, IL

#16 Nov 16, 2007
The shia and sunnies will never live in harmony, and that is the bottom line. Iraq needs another strong man to run the country and that is Al Sadr. He'll kill all the sunnies and that's it. Bush complains about Iran, but it's his fault. Iran is shia, and he made Iraq shia, so what did he expect would happen. The president is and will always be an i d i o t.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Garage or shop for rent Nov '16 Anonymous 1
Dead beat human being (May '16) Sep '16 Meow1130 2
Poo Aug '16 poopoo 1
Cute girl working at Garner's (Jun '16) Jun '16 Who 1
News Once just for kids, coloring craze embraced by ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Denise 1
News EEOC wins discrimination case for Muslims fired... (Oct '15) Jan '16 martinhartman555 2
News Climate Change Is Coming For Your Pumpkin Pie (Nov '15) Nov '15 Ritual Habitual 4

Washington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Washington Mortgages