Structure fire in Washington

Structure fire in Washington

There are 16 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Jan 3, 2009, titled Structure fire in Washington. In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

Fire crews were at the scene of a structure fire on Findlay Road as of 1 a.m. Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

George Jetson

Shelton, CT

#1 Jan 3, 2009
wow, hopefully no one is hurt!
Chevy4x4girl

Oxford, CT

#2 Jan 4, 2009
I'm sure my Ex-Fiance is having fun fighting the fire. He's on the Washington Fire Dept.
WHAT

Bantam, CT

#3 Jan 4, 2009
Get it straight n.t. The fire was on Wheaton Road.
HIYA

Oxford, CT

#4 Jan 4, 2009
WHAT wrote:
Get it straight n.t. The fire was on Wheaton Road.
Initial reports said otherwise. Don't hate the player. Hate the game.
Wow

Yorktown Heights, NY

#5 Jan 4, 2009
Chevy4x4girl wrote:
I'm sure my Ex-Fiance is having fun fighting the fire. He's on the Washington Fire Dept.
So what does your bitter comment have to do with the fire? I guess there is a reason why you are an Ex. You used the word "fun", ask any firefighter and I am sure their response of a fire of this magnatude would be answered with anything but the word fun. God bless the men and women who respond whenever called.
Former NMer

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Jan 4, 2009
Wow, what does that say about the NT that they rely on a secondary source for the information about the story?
Big Fun

Naugatuck, CT

#10 Jan 5, 2009
Chevy4x4GUY wrote:
I know Washington is a very "liberal" town but two men really shouldn't be engaged ;)~
Jimmy Driver

Moodus, CT

#11 Jan 5, 2009
While this is very sad for the family concerned, we have been reading this same story for the past THREE DAYS now, as well as the stories about who got DUIs and the monkey meat case.

CAN'T THE NEWSTIMES PRINT NEWS AS IT HAPPENS? AT LEAST NOT THREE DAY OLD STORIES DAY AFTER DAY!!
Jimmy Driver

Moodus, CT

#12 Jan 5, 2009
Jezusss, John Travolta's kid died almost a WEEK ago and the NewsTimes has YET to print the story!!!!
LotsOfFun

New Milford, CT

#13 Jan 5, 2009
Some firefighters do have fun going to fight fires....it's a big rush.
My Dog Max

San Jose, CA

#14 Jan 5, 2009
Jimmy the dateline on the story is Saturday, the morning after It happened, the story has been on the website since Sunday and was timely, as for the print edition, which I'm sure you don't get had lots of year in review content so there was not much room in the paper that went to press the day after the fire (You see they have to print it at night to deliver it the next morning)

As for Travolta's son he died a few days ago yes... but the family just released the statement in the last day or so, and that is the focus of that story, the family statement.

The fact that the stories are still up is because people are reading them, even loudmouths from Yarmouth who it seems read it just 6 hours ago. Why can't you read stories in a more timley fashion?
Chevy4x4girl

Oxford, CT

#15 Jan 5, 2009
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
So what does your bitter comment have to do with the fire? I guess there is a reason why you are an Ex. You used the word "fun", ask any firefighter and I am sure their response of a fire of this magnatude would be answered with anything but the word fun. God bless the men and women who respond whenever called.
My response was far than bitter seeing my ex and I are still good friends. He has fun doing what he loves, and what he loves to do is fight fires. That is what I meant about FUN and when I replied to this article it hadnt even said it was a house fire it simply said initial reports say there is some sort of structure fire in Washington CT. So I didnt know it was someones HOUSE completely up in flames.
Chevy4x4girl

Oxford, CT

#16 Jan 5, 2009
Big Fun wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Washington is a very "liberal" town but two men really shouldn't be engaged ;)~
lol i didnt get that until i saw you changed my name from chevyGIRL to ChevyGUY. I am the furthest thing from a Liberal so you don't have to worry about my love life changing directions lol.
Chevy4x4girl

Oxford, CT

#17 Jan 5, 2009
LotsOfFun wrote:
Some firefighters do have fun going to fight fires....it's a big rush.
THANK you. Seems someone knows what I meant about fun.
Serf

Sacramento, CA

#18 Jan 6, 2009
It's a good thing they had a backup mansion on the same street.

That's good advice for us all. Always keep a backup mansion handy, just in case.
Thevictim

France

#19 Jun 12, 2009
I was the kid living in the house before the fire and i am heartbroken

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Depot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Early winter bringing falling temps, snow Dec '16 Samuels Furnace Man 4
News New Milford could get major natural-gas power p... Nov '16 Leroy 4
News EPA overrules GE on Housatonic PCBs cleanup Oct '16 America Gentleman... 4
News Sad story behind cake-box structure in Gaylords... (Sep '09) Oct '16 Al Rivoli 7
News 14 people arrested in Danbury, New Milford as c... (May '09) May '16 john cipolla 68
News 'Love Runs Through': Runners Mobilize for Sandy... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Aldridge 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Connecticu... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Florencio Pita 43

Washington Depot Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Washington Depot Mortgages