Republicans Decline To Speak At March...

Republicans Decline To Speak At March On Washington Commemoration | News One

There are 72 comments on the NewsOne story from Aug 29, 2013, titled Republicans Decline To Speak At March On Washington Commemoration | News One. In it, NewsOne reports that:

Not a single Republican elected official - not one - participated in the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington, despite invitations from event organizers, reports the Washington Post.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOne.

mike

Cookeville, TN

#42 Aug 30, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You could try questioning why the white parasites in Ashe County, NC, mountain pride are signing up for food stamps, so much so that the local SNAP office received an award, instead of the name calling. Just a suggestion.
Yeah I was in ASHE COUNTY and I had the displeasure of being harassed by some rednecks because I had TN tags on my car they were convinced I was a spy and made no bones about it I suggested they needed to get their teeth fixed but it seems the western part of that state seems to enjoy living in the past even seeing signs that the ATLANTA PARK BOMBER was a hero yeah I guess the enjoy giving NC a bad name.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#43 Aug 30, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott is black and a US Senator and might have a different point of view about the march.
.
Then again, I was reading about Eric Schmidt's latest purchase, Cory Booker (price-$1,000,000). The author said if Booker wins, he'd be the only black US Senator.
.
I keep thinking about how these people laughed at Sarah Palin.
I'm not sure what point of view Scott would have about the march or about MLK. The purpose of the event was to commemorate the march of 50 years ago. If Scott thought he could add something, maybe he should have asked to be there.

Interestingly, numerous white Republicans were invited to the event. Each one had a "previous engagement". How odd!
If Republicans want to woo black Americans, what a helluva step backwards!

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#44 Aug 30, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure what point of view Scott would have about the march or about MLK. The purpose of the event was to commemorate the march of 50 years ago. If Scott thought he could add something, maybe he should have asked to be there.
Interestingly, numerous white Republicans were invited to the event. Each one had a "previous engagement". How odd!
If Republicans want to woo black Americans, what a helluva step backwards!
If the Republicans went it would have lent credibility to what is essentially a Democrat machine party. I do think some would have gone if given enough notice but I wouldn't have dropped everything to listen to white liberal male Martin O'Malley trying to score points by pandering to racism.
.
Republicans can do what G.W. Bush did, have conversations with black organizations whose sole purpose is not to get camera time. These meets got very little notice because Bush wasn't meeting with the right kind of blacks (and these people were out of the New York-Washington, DC-Los Angeles orbit).

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#45 Aug 30, 2013
Lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
With you as a member of the party, one would have to imagine why they would be having an image/outreach/messaging problem./s
Note to correct previous post...... There WERE a (very) small number of GOP members asked to attend,they declined. Perhaps they SHOULD have gone and subjected themselves to the jeers and boos they generally receive from hostile crowds. That would have looked really GOOD on National TV. It would have taken the wrappers off about the inclusive openmindedness the left always claims to exhibit.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#46 Aug 30, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Note to correct previous post...... There WERE a (very) small number of GOP members asked to attend,they declined. Perhaps they SHOULD have gone and subjected themselves to the jeers and boos they generally receive from hostile crowds. That would have looked really GOOD on National TV. It would have taken the wrappers off about the inclusive openmindedness the left always claims to exhibit.
Conservative Repubs should not even bother anymore with the progressive side of things. There is no point to it. Then they won't have to kiss butt and either win or lose on their agenda. And not this half azzed one that keeps the nation moving left and the progressives snickering. If they lose, it will be on their terms. And when the house of cards finally falls apart the people will be left to choose from them the conservatives or the meanest nasty people that history usually drudges up when things go bad.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#47 Aug 30, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Conservative Repubs should not even bother anymore with the progressive side of things. There is no point to it. Then they won't have to kiss butt and either win or lose on their agenda. And not this half azzed one that keeps the nation moving left and the progressives snickering. If they lose, it will be on their terms. And when the house of cards finally falls apart the people will be left to choose from them the conservatives or the meanest nasty people that history usually drudges up when things go bad.
From the way things are looking its falling faster than anyone realizes. By next year we could be in one helluva shape. I'm not sure libs can hold this mess together till after the '14 elections.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#49 Aug 30, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Republicans went it would have lent credibility to what is essentially a Democrat machine party. I do think some would have gone if given enough notice but I wouldn't have dropped everything to listen to white liberal male Martin O'Malley trying to score points by pandering to racism.
.
Republicans can do what G.W. Bush did, have conversations with black organizations whose sole purpose is not to get camera time. These meets got very little notice because Bush wasn't meeting with the right kind of blacks (and these people were out of the New York-Washington, DC-Los Angeles orbit).
Is that why well over 90% of black people voted for a Democratic president?

However you want to rationalize it, Republicans have done us Dems a great favor.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#51 Aug 30, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Republicans went it would have lent credibility to what is essentially a Democrat machine party. I do think some would have gone if given enough notice but I wouldn't have dropped everything to listen to white liberal male Martin O'Malley trying to score points by pandering to racism.
.
Republicans can do what G.W. Bush did, have conversations with black organizations whose sole purpose is not to get camera time. These meets got very little notice because Bush wasn't meeting with the right kind of blacks (and these people were out of the New York-Washington, DC-Los Angeles orbit).
The event had plenty of credibility without the presence of Republicans.
But there is a major point here. The fact that the GOP sees the commemoration of MLK's contribution to civil rights as a
"Democrat Machine" event, rather than a bi-partisan celebration of racial progress in America, says more about the Republicans' racial views than they would hope.
Good luck in attracting the black voter.
DanCollins888

Tacoma, WA

#52 Aug 30, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Black men and women are emasculated from being conservative Republicans by the progressive hate machine. Every problem that exists is blamed on someone not progressive and when it is between progressives, the color on the sleeve rules. It takes African American men and women of courage to become moderate Republican voters let alone conservatives. Free yourselves. Free us all.
=====

Excellent post! Keep up the good work!

=====
DanCollins888

Tacoma, WA

#53 Aug 30, 2013
William Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>Most of them can't speak Ebonics.
=====

Did you notice when Obama started his divisive bullshit how "easily" he manipulated the crowd, how "easily" he slipped into the uneducated down-and-out ghetto speech pattern?

=====
Teaman

Abingdon, VA

#54 Aug 30, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like a real a'hole, because you are one.
I hear he plays a mean banjo, though.
Piggy

Arlington, VA

#55 Aug 30, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear he plays a mean banjo, though.
Oink Oink

mike

Cookeville, TN

#57 Aug 31, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like a real a'hole, because you are one.
Hes a jerk LAWRENCE he like a cockroach they scatter when exposed to light..
mike

Cookeville, TN

#59 Aug 31, 2013
Mitch wrote:
Lawrence Wolf is the big mouth hook nose Jew always spouting Commie crap on topix, he needs to move to $HITZRAEL. He is like the rest of you Libturds, needs to get Obama's crank out of his throat.
MITCH your the idiot here all you do is whine and complain its clear your a dinosaur paranoid so why don't you go jump off a cliff..

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#60 Aug 31, 2013
Mitch wrote:
Lawrence Wolf is the big mouth hook nose Jew always spouting Commie crap on topix, he needs to move to $HITZRAEL. He is like the rest of you Libturds, needs to get Obama's crank out of his throat.
Stick your peepee in a pencil sharpener. I'm sure it will fit.
But don't bother fighting your sub-human urges. Your indoctrination is probably terminal.
Mitch

Burnsville, NC

#61 Aug 31, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Stick your peepee in a pencil sharpener. I'm sure it will fit.
But don't bother fighting your sub-human urges. Your indoctrination is probably terminal.
Go spin your dreidel you Jewish virus. SIX MILLION MORE.
mike

Cookeville, TN

#62 Aug 31, 2013
Mitch wrote:
<quoted text>Go spin your dreidel you Jewish virus. SIX MILLION MORE.
your a coward nothing but a coward..

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#63 Sep 1, 2013
Mitch wrote:
<quoted text>Go spin your dreidel you Jewish virus. SIX MILLION MORE.
Were you born human, or were you always like this?
William Joyce KVK1

Mars Hill, NC

#64 Sep 1, 2013
Wolf shouldn't you be off somewhere eating a bagel or foreclosing on someone's home?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#65 Sep 1, 2013
William Joyce KVK1 wrote:
Wolf shouldn't you be off somewhere eating a bagel or foreclosing on someone's home?
Actually, I'm on my way to you. I've never foreclosed on a cesspool before.

You should try a bagel. It might give your hand a rest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington, DC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nows the perfect time to invade england 2 hr THINKEROO 4
the 4th of july is a racist whol-i-day 3 hr trollapoloza 28
News Obama to seek healing in Orlando even as politi... 5 hr OK Barry 61
It's YOUR Money-----Unbelieveable! 12 hr Politician 69
News Lewis victory in Congress taken from civil righ... 20 hr serfs up 6
If Obama abandons the Mid-East and Israel Compl... (Mar '11) Sat OK Barry 9
Bill Clinton Al Sharpton Zika Heads Sat Rep John Lewis 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Washington, DC Mortgages