Republicans linking Hagel's nomination to demand for information from White House on Benghazi

There are 20 comments on the Feb 14, 2013, The Washington Post story titled Republicans linking Hagel's nomination to demand for information from White House on Benghazi. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

In this Jan. 31, 2013 file photo, former Nebraska Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel, President Obama's choice for defense secretary, testifies before the Senate Armed Services Committee during his confirmation hearing, on Capitol Hill in Washington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Lambda Boy

AOL

#67 Feb 14, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Oh please, these bitchy GOPasaurs are tyring to link everything to Bengayzi. They know it's all they've got left now.
I do resent Hagel's Anti Gay comments but I know you, like most all in the Gay Community, don't hold Democrats to any standard whatsoever so Hagel will be fine with you. Hypocracy?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#68 Feb 14, 2013
Lambda Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
I do resent Hagel's Anti Gay comments but I know you, like most all in the Gay Community, don't hold Democrats to any standard whatsoever so Hagel will be fine with you. Hypocracy?
Hagel said he will carry out the President's orders; that's all that matters.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#69 Feb 14, 2013
Hagel has said many things. Like Obama, he lies. His nominatn will be filibustered, and now need 60 votes. That means he needs several Republican votes.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#71 Feb 14, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you thank it's alright to kill americans
Sure, DUMBO: I killt me nine Americans just this morning.

Location hidden

#72 Feb 14, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is our president that is going to work with the Reps,
WAHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHH! WAHHHHHHHH!

Let's see... the President wants to have his nominee for Secretary of Defense and the GOP is reaching across the aisle by filibustering the nomination.

There he goes again... acting like he won the election...

Location hidden

#73 Feb 14, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Hagel has said many things. Like Obama, he lies..
You haven't opened your mouth without lying, Lying C*t74.

Not in years.

Shut your hole.

Location hidden

#74 Feb 14, 2013
Lambda Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
I do resent Hagel's Anti Gay comments but I know you, like most all in the Gay Community, don't hold Democrats to any standard ?
You do know Hagel is a Republican, eh?

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#75 Feb 14, 2013
Dickweed wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever dude/chick.
The other thing about dead horses is you can't make them work for you. What fantasyland are you living in where what happened in Bengazi could be grounds for impeachment? This horse will not work for an impeachment. Regardless if there was some kind of actual mistake by Obama that directly caused 4 American deaths in Lybia. And there was not anything Obama did or didn't do that caused the attack, or the unfortunate deaths during it.
whatever, mule/cow. bottom line is white house is stuck with lies and deception that some repubs don't want to let go. nobody said anything about impeachment. but nixon would have gone down in impeachment for cover-up, and there were no murders in that one...
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#77 Feb 14, 2013
That is right. Obama cannot go far enough, fast enough to get away from Benghazi, and its aftermath. It is his legacy.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#78 Feb 14, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Hagel has said many things. Like Obama, he lies. His nominatn will be filibustered, and now need 60 votes. That means he needs several Republican votes.
So now we need 60 votes for EVERYTHING now? Where is that in the US Constitution? Because last time I checked it was only a majority needed!
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#79 Feb 14, 2013
Dickweed wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever dude/chick.
The other thing about dead horses is you can't make them work for you. What fantasyland are you living in where what happened in Bengazi could be grounds for impeachment? This horse will not work for an impeachment. Regardless if there was some kind of actual mistake by Obama that directly caused 4 American deaths in Lybia. And there was not anything Obama did or didn't do that caused the attack, or the unfortunate deaths during it.
The fact that obama lied directly about what happened is good grounds for possible impeachment. Its just a matter of time.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#80 Feb 14, 2013
nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that obama lied directly about what happened is good grounds for possible impeachment. Its just a matter of time.
\
It's a good thing you don't run government than.

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#81 Feb 14, 2013
The republicans are desperate for anything to find to derail the president on.
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#82 Feb 14, 2013
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>\
It's a good thing you don't run government than.
Lucky for people like you who have no problem with the POS liar in chief.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#83 Feb 15, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
The republicans are desperate for anything to find to derail the president on.
....Oddly ironic that during John McCain's 2008 Presidential Campaign, he touted Chuck Hagel as a future member of his proposed cabinet......petty, party politics, at it's nastiest....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#84 Feb 15, 2013
Bluntforce wrote:
Benghazi will be the key to the Kenyans downfall. The spider web of deceit is unraveling.
Hope you can maintain that fake outraqge, thru the 2014 elections?
Debbie Welles

Huntington, NY

#85 Feb 15, 2013
Barn E wrote:
<quoted text>
The Presidency in 2016! Can't you see that, you silly goose?
You see, liberals do not think like ordinary people. "Bravery" is bending over and taking it up the ass in order to save Obama from embarassment. The fact that the First Black President is an incompetent boob MUST be hidden from the public. Otherwise you're giving ammo to racism. So to help hide that fact is noble, brave, admirable and proof that Hillary deserves to be the next President.
Of course, as she'll be our First Female President, the same rules apply to her. We will NOT be allowed to see any errors, omissions or mistakes she might make. That'd be feeding sexism, which is far more horrible than having Al Qaeda kick our butts on 9/11.
In conclusion: To help sexism (or racism) is WORSE than being in Al Qaeda. You are a traitor if you even hint that the First Black President or the First Female President may be anything other than absolutely outstanding & nearly perfect. Their ONLY fault that we may discuss is how they occasionally care too much for their own good. But a couple of large tears make that go away and all is forgiven. Think Evita Peron on steroids. That's how they should be treated by all loyal Americans.
Get it?
Do you have issues stemming from a neglected childhood? You should really seek counseling. What makes me laugh and I'm sure what makes others laugh, as well, is that YOU think you're so smart. Well, here's a heads up bub. It's time to evolve or go the way of the Dodo bird. In your case, I suspect it's going to be the latter.
Dickweed

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#87 Feb 15, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
That is right. Obama cannot go far enough, fast enough to get away from Benghazi, and its aftermath. It is his legacy.
His legacy?
This is the absolute worse thing Obama has done in 5 years of tyranical dictatorship?
Really? 4 dead Americans in Lybia, after Khaddihfiiffee was killed and the ocuntry had no government.
Here's a question no one asks, How many people got out of the consulate in Bengazi without being killed?
How many people escaped the CIA safehouse that was also attacked?
Why are these numbers not part of "Bengazigate"??????
Yellow belly liberals

Atwater, OH

#88 Feb 15, 2013
Dickweed wrote:
<quoted text>
His legacy?
This is the absolute worse thing Obama has done in 5 years of tyranical dictatorship?
Really? 4 dead Americans in Lybia, after Khaddihfiiffee was killed and the ocuntry had no government.
Here's a question no one asks, How many people got out of the consulate in Bengazi without being killed?
How many people escaped the CIA safehouse that was also attacked?
Why are these numbers not part of "Bengazigate"??????
You bring a great point. The white house is getting what it want's. Everyone is concentrating on the lying which is a diversion.

The ambassador was CIA which is nothing surprising but why was he there? They know now obama gave weapons and shoulder fired missiles to al qaeda in Lybia. They were there trying to get the weapons back and send them to Syria. These were in fact some of the weapons used against us in Benghazi and continue to do so elsewhere.

The lying, deceptions and coverups of the obama administration are off the scale. This country has never seen the ineptness and failure like obama before. He does not run this country like a President, obama runs this country like he is a gang leader!

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#89 Feb 15, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Hagel said he will carry out the President's orders; that's all that matters.
That's what scares us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington, DC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will we Ever Learn? 6 hr Professor Fate 1
News Gyrocopter pilot spoke with Tampa Bay Times bef... 13 hr Go Blue Forever 8
The "KING "KATIE" DIRTY hype went on today.. 15 hr Diana Vickery 2
Hillary's Accomplishments 16 hr DC Cop 1
Satan Is Happy With BARACK OBAMA 18 hr _Juneau_ 31
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 19 hr Hiawatha 19,847
Fulton N.Y, The "HE" and "KATIE" 8-28-15 DEADL... 21 hr Diana Vickery 16
More from around the web

Washington, DC People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]