|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

"Obama Thanksgiving address: Calls to unite behind WH, doesn’t thank God
During his fourth Thanksgiving presidential address, President Barack Obama referenced the recent, long and bruising campaign season, urged the country to unite behind his administration and, for the fourth year running, neglected to offer verbal thanks to God."
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-thanksgiving-addr...

President Obama again offered no thanks to God on Thanksgiving Day, the holiday specifically established for the nation to offer thanks to the Creator for his many blessings. He continued his offensive pattern of neglecting to thank God on the day established by our Founders for the purpose of giving thanks to our Creator for his blessings upon this nation. If he hasn't the decency to show respect for our nation's traditions, he should avoid celebrating the holidays. His silly speech about the turkeys was a shameful and undignified act by the President. This childish man is a disgrace to the office of the President. He is a godless Communist who defies and insults all this country ever was. I use the word “was” because radical Americans and the usurper in the White House have changed America from the greatest country in the world to a godless nation that is about to be brought to its knees because it has forgotten God, whom our Founders worshipped and trusted to help our nation become great. He is an ungrateful, arrogant man who thinks he can defy God and get by with it.

“God Bless America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Continued: The establishment of Thanksgiving by the Founding Fathers---
PRESIDENTIAL THANKSGIVING PROCLAMATIONS
1789-1815 : George Washington,
John Adams, James Madison
THANKSGIVING DAY 1789
BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - A PROCLAMATION
Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor - and Whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me "to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness."
Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be – That we may then all unite in rendering unto him our sincere and humble thanks – for his kind care and protection of the People of this country previous to their becoming a Nation – for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of his providence, which we experienced in the course and conclusion of the late war –for the great degree of tranquillity, union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyed – for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately instituted, for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and in general for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us.
And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressions – to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually – to render our national government a blessing to all the People, by constantly being a government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed – to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shewn kindness unto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord – To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and Us – and generally to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.
Given under my hand at the City of New York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.
http://www.pilgrimhall.org/ThanxProc1789.htm

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

This should have been the first post instead of the above:
During his fourth Thanksgiving presidential address, President Barack Obama referenced the recent, long and bruising campaign season, urged the country to unite behind his administration and, for the fourth year running, neglected to offer verbal thanks to God.

Obama continued his insulting pattern of neglecting to thank God on the day established by our Founders for the purpose of giving thanks to our Creator for his blessings upon this nation. This little man is a disgrace to the office of the President. He is a godless Communist who defies and insults all this country ever was. I use the word “was” because radical Americans and the usurper in the White House have changed America from the greatest country in the world to a godless nation that is about to be brought to its knees because it has forgotten God, whom our Founders worshipped and trusted to help our nation become great. He is an ungrateful, arrogant man who thinks he can defy God and get by with it.

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Again I have goofed. Things don't post as they should, then duplicate when I redo them. My apology for the mess.
YoMama

West Babylon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. i had sex with yo mama, now it stings when i pee!

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Unlike the fake "Christian" conservatives, liberals have no need to wear religion on out sleeves.

You were not there. You are simply posting drivel from a right wing blog.....which aren't known for honesty or accuracy

That was just pathetic

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Logan wrote:
During his fourth Thanksgiving presidential address, President Barack Obama referenced the recent, long and bruising campaign season, urged the country to unite behind his administration and, for the fourth year running, neglected to offer verbal thanks to God."
President Obama again offered no thanks to God on Thanksgiving Day, the holiday specifically established for the nation to offer thanks to the Creator for his many blessings. He continued his offensive pattern of neglecting to thank God on the day established by our Founders for the purpose of giving thanks to our Creator for his blessings upon this nation. If he hasn't the decency to show respect for our nation's traditions, he should avoid celebrating the holidays. His silly speech about the turkeys was a shameful and undignified act by the President. This childish man is a disgrace to the office of the President. He is a godless Communist who defies and insults all this country ever was. I use the word “was” because radical Americans and the usurper in the White House have changed America from the greatest country in the world to a godless nation that is about to be brought to its knees because it has forgotten God, whom our Founders worshipped and trusted to help our nation become great. He is an ungrateful, arrogant man who thinks he can defy God and get by with it.
I don't know what kind of wimpy God you pray to.
The GOD from the Bible does not need to be defended by some politician.

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

I. Wouldn't expect you to be bright enough to realize that thanksgiving is NOT a religious holiday anyhow. Even atheists celebrate thanksgiving.

facts will alway confuse conservatives

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

FFS- wrote:
Unlike the fake "Christian" conservatives, liberals have no need to wear religion on out sleeves.
You were not there. You are simply posting drivel from a right wing blog.....which aren't known for honesty or accuracy
That was just pathetic
Christians don’t wear their religion on their sleeves. They believe in the real God and it shows. Christians are offensive to you liberals because you know we’re right and you’re wrong. The reason liberals have no need to wear religion anywhere is they are godless and have no religion. As for your arrogant calling of Christians fake, you,--being utterly devoid of spiritual discernment-- are incapable of knowing what a Christian is and therefore should cease acting like an ass when it comes to the religion of others.(In case you want to accuse me of using foul language, I suggest you look up the word in the dictionary.) If you want to be foolish and live a godless life, do it; but don’t bother the rest of us with your pathetic way of thinking. I don’t care if you choose to be foolish, but I care about your endless prattle against Christians. Why don’t you live your life as you desire and let others live theirs as they wish? You don’t own the world so why do you think you have the right to control what we think and do?

I didn’t have to be there to know what he said. The story was reported by all news people, left and right wing, and they all stated the same thing; so are you saying the liberals likewise posted drivel? Regarding accuracy, do you really believe the distorted news reports of the liberal media are accurate? One has to research to get to the truth since your side is so dishonest when it comes to the reporting of the news; therefore, I always check many sources before concluding who is right.
Pathetic is what you are. You go from thread to thread spreading your hate, seldom displaying any civility to those with whom you disagree. Since you don’t like what I posted, why don’t you use your common sense and go where you like what’s being said?

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

WDRussell wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what kind of wimpy God you pray to.
The GOD from the Bible does not need to be defended by some politician.
You lack reading comprehension. Where in my post did I state or imply God needed defending? I was talking about the disrespect Obama has shown for this country’s traditions, of which Thanksgiving is an important one.
Considering your offensive remark about the kind of God I pray to, I’d guess you need to make a few things right with God. One Christian doesn’t insult another like that; but then, you didn’t say you’re a Christian, did you?

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

FFS- wrote:
I. Wouldn't expect you to be bright enough to realize that thanksgiving is NOT a religious holiday anyhow. Even atheists celebrate thanksgiving.
facts will alway confuse conservatives
You talk like a fool, displaying your prejudice with that asinine comment about Conservatives. You obviously haven’t the least idea what a fact is, so you are the one who’s confused.
As for your not expecting me to “be bright enough to realize that thanksgiving is NOT a religious holiday anyhow. Even atheists celebrate thanksgiving.”, I have news for you: Thanksgiving is indeed a religious holiday. It was established to offer thanks to God, the Creator who was acknowledged and worshipped by the Founders of America; so if the holiday was created for thanking God, how could it not be a religious holiday? The fact atheists celebrate Thanksgiving proves nothing. It just shows that even they know a good thing when they see it. I think your light has dimmed.

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Logan wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk like a fool, displaying your prejudice with that asinine comment about Conservatives. You obviously haven’t the least idea what a fact is, so you are the one who’s confused.
As for your not expecting me to “be bright enough to realize that thanksgiving is NOT a religious holiday anyhow. Even atheists celebrate thanksgiving.”, I have news for you: Thanksgiving is indeed a religious holiday. It was established to offer thanks to God, the Creator who was acknowledged and worshipped by the Founders of America; so if the holiday was created for thanking God, how could it not be a religious holiday? The fact atheists celebrate Thanksgiving proves nothing. It just shows that even they know a good thing when they see it. I think your light has dimmed.
no simpleton, thanksgiving is an American holiday. Religion is not relevant. It's a federal holiday whose date was set by congress in 1941

It's impossible to be a Christian and a conservative anyhow. The two religions contradict each other in their core beliefs
mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Logan wrote:
Again I have goofed. Things don't post as they should, then duplicate when I redo them. My apology for the mess.
LOGAN you are one sick puppy when you spread such lies you cant hwlp yourself you blaspheme god when you do that..

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>no simpleton, thanksgiving is an American holiday. Religion is not relevant. It's a federal holiday whose date was set by congress in 1941
It's impossible to be a Christian and a conservative anyhow. The two religions contradict each other in their core beliefs

You are correct in one thing, ignorant one. Thanksgiving is a Federal holiday, but proclaimed and established by the first President and the first Congress, not by FDR in 1941 but by them in 1789.
If I were as lacking in intelligence, knowledge, and logic as you are, I should never dare to put down the intelligence of another. Not only are you dense and an ill-mannered clod, but you know nothing of the history of this country. Anyone who is truthful, who knows the history of America, knows that Washington and the first Congress created Thanksgiving as a national holiday for the sole purpose of honoring God. Now you can continue playing the fool and showing your ignorance all you like but it won’t change history. You can also deny its religious basis but the opinion of an idiot will change nothing. Thanksgiving will remain what it is: a day to honor God, and since it is to honor him, a religious holiday. Now you godless morons can argue all you like, but it will be for nothing.
Why do you atheists insist on displaying your idiocies? What in heck would you know about Christianity and Conservatism?

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

It is not possible to truly be Christian and be a conservative. The two religions contradict one another in their core beliefs and core values!

More than any other topic, Jesus preached LOVE....Conservatism's very basis is founded in hatred. Just look at the things the conservatives on topix say...they hate everyone! Brohime is a typical conservative, by his own admission

Christ preached forgiveness, conservatives are incapable. How many times have you heard a conservative say something like "hang em all", "round em up", or "we should just nuke em"?

Christ told us that we should give to the poor....shirt off your back...etc, Conservaives HATE the poor and DESPISE giving them anything

It is impossible to be both Christian and conservative.

I suggest you choose one or the other and stick with it!

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

mike wrote:
<quoted text>LOGAN you are one sick puppy when you spread such lies you cant hwlp yourself you blaspheme god when you do that..
I’m not the one who's sick, Mike. Take a look at yourself. Are you on holiday leave from the Juvenile Detention Center? You haven’t improved an iota since the last time you did your name-calling, and you are still ranting like a street punk. The preferred word in your vocabulary is “lies”, which seems to be a permanent part of your modus operanda. Don’t you ever get an urge to improve and come up with a different accusation just for the sake of variety?
What would you know about blasphemy, Mike? You don’t know the meaning of the word. Look it up in a religious dictionary.

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

FFS- wrote:
It is not possible to truly be Christian and be a conservative. The two religions contradict one another in their core beliefs and core values!
More than any other topic, Jesus preached LOVE....Conservatism's very basis is founded in hatred. Just look at the things the conservatives on topix say...they hate everyone! Brohime is a typical conservative, by his own admission
Christ preached forgiveness, conservatives are incapable. How many times have you heard a conservative say something like "hang em all", "round em up", or "we should just nuke em"?
Christ told us that we should give to the poor....shirt off your back...etc, Conservaives HATE the poor and DESPISE giving them anything
It is impossible to be both Christian and conservative.
I suggest you choose one or the other and stick with it!
You know, of course, that Conservatism is not a religion so you argument is invalid. In addition, you don’t have the authority to tell me to choose between anything.
You are out of your league in arguing with me about religion and history due to the fact you are too limited in your knowledge of both subjects since you either were poorly taught in school or didn’t obtain the information due to a lack of education.
For your enlightenment, some defintions:
Christian—follower of Christ, who was crucified to pay for our sins and was resurrected the third day, and is now in Heaven until he returns at the end of the Age. Jesus did preach love and forgiveness, as you stated; but you fail to realize that he, the only way to God, also taught there is judgment and punishment for unforgiven sins.
Conservative—One who adheres to traditional methods or views. Many but not all conservatives are Christians who hold traditional values. Christians and Conservatives are very compatible, contrary to your statement. Conservatives do not preach hatred as you falsely stated. Rather, the liberals spew hatred for all that is Christian, traditional and conservative; so they are the ones who fit your description.
Traditionalist—one whose beliefs, moral codes, and mores that are passed down from generation to generation.
Liberalism—the definiton of liberalism in the US is based on a lie. They supposedly believe in the unalienable rights of the individual to , freedom of the press, freedom of religion for all belief systems, and the separation of church and state, right to due process and equality under the law; but as we know, that is an absolute lie. The only rights liberals uphold are their own. They adamantly deny those rights they supposedly represent to Christians, Conservatives and Traditionalists.
Smokin Joe

Farmingville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Organizers with Occupy Sandy served more than 10,000 meals on Thanksgiving

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Logan wrote:
<quoted text>You know, of course, that Conservatism is not a religion so you argument is invalid. In addition, you don’t have the authority to tell me to choose between anything.
You are out of your league in arguing with me about religion and history due to the fact you are too limited in your knowledge of both subjects since you either were poorly taught in school or didn’t obtain the information due to a lack of education.
For your enlightenment, some defintions:
Christian—follower of Christ, who was crucified to pay for our sins and was resurrected the third day, and is now in Heaven until he returns at the end of the Age. Jesus did preach love and forgiveness, as you stated; but you fail to realize that he, the only way to God, also taught there is judgment and punishment for unforgiven sins.
Conservative—One who adheres to traditional methods or views. Many but not all conservatives are Christians who hold traditional values. Christians and Conservatives are very compatible, contrary to your statement. Conservatives do not preach hatred as you falsely stated. Rather, the liberals spew hatred for all that is Christian, traditional and conservative; so they are the ones who fit your description.
Traditionalist—one whose beliefs, moral codes, and mores that are passed down from generation to generation.
Liberalism—the definiton of liberalism in the US is based on a lie. They supposedly believe in the unalienable rights of the individual to , freedom of the press, freedom of religion for all belief systems, and the separation of church and state, right to due process and equality under the law; but as we know, that is an absolute lie. The only rights liberals uphold are their own. They adamantly deny those rights they supposedly represent to Christians, Conservatives and Traditionalists.
conservatism is absoloutely a religion. Conservatives believe in something they have never seen, and work on faith that it will save them.

The two realigns are polar opposites

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>conservatism is absoloutely a religion. Conservatives believe in something they have never seen, and work on faith that it will save them.
The two realigns are polar opposites
You are definite proof there is no hope for a liberal to ever come to a realization of the truth. As long as you choose selective blindness, you will remain in the dark about what is happening around you. You are to be pitied, for like all liberals, you race toward the edge of the cliff, believing you won't fall off,thinking Obama is your saviour. This country is on the edge of that cliff now, and none of you has the wisdom to turn from your destructive paths to stop the fall. The worst part is that you don't care who you take with you. We Christians and Conservatives have tried to turn the nation around but have failed so far, while your kind ushes like fools to the slaughter.

Obama’s tossing our traditions under his feet means nothing to you; but when he takes away your rights to freedom of speech—something you liberals dearly love (but only for yourselves)—you then will see the error of your ways but it will be too late.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of415
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Washington, DC Forum right now

Search the Washington, DC Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
We Need Obama IMPEACHMENT Protestors in Washing... 21 min DSG 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Samuel 18,499
Whatever happened to FBI HRT sniper, Lon Horiuchi (Feb '12) 4 hr Ragnar Destroys Democrats 350
Eric Holder is the coward 4 hr Ragnar Destroys Democrats 1
Wake up lois....you going to jail 10 hr Solid 2
Infamous Bamaisms 18 hr not a frail wrister 6
Civil war now 20 hr Ragnar Destroys Democrats 1
•••

Severe Thunderstorm Watch for District of Columbia County was issued at July 13 at 8:47PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Washington, DC Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Washington, DC People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••