D.C. police, fire investigating alleged drug lab in Northwest Washington

Dec 31, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

District police and fire officials evacuated a Northwest Washington apartment building in Columbia Heights on Tuesday afternoon after someone called to report an alleged drug lab there, according to authorities.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
James

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Wow!

I just read this and I have seen this guys eBay boxes packed up to 6 ft tall outside the hall way. One day the fire marshall asked me who he was and said he could fine the building for that. I guess you never know who your neighbors are
Marcus

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2014

Guess all the signs were there, he never goes to work and has people over really late at night. I sure hope he moves out.
Judy

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Another visit from fire and hazmat, more meth chemicals found. Why is this guy not in prison?
He actually had the nerve to return home today.
This guy is scary. I wish they mentioned the unit number and his name. There are people with there places on the market in our building and I am sure this will make potential buyers wonder.
Tonia

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

This is such a sad story, I knew he had gotten treatment for the use of meth, it is a terrible drug that can steal people's lives.
Owner1308 clifton

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

To those of us that knew chad dennis we all are glad that his sexcabades at all hours of the night partying with meth and crack whores are out of our building. My tenant says the hall still smells of chemicals from that "lab" and I sure hope whoever buys unit 101 at 1308 Clifton street does there homework. Meth lab or not, there has been enough meth smoked to probably contaminate the place.
I lost 3 renters because of this guys late night "customers"
Lauren

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

I am so glad I came across this post, I have been looking at two units in that building and had no idea. I was told this guy lived off welfare and put all the earnings from selling drugs into things he purchased online. I did some research at the 3rd district police and apparently they felt sorry for him and let him keep the property bought with drug money. He must have had friends in high places.

I am skeptical of buying in this building now but I really do like the unit and parking. Does anyone know what unit number the lab was in for absolute sure ? The police reports stated #1308 Clifton st NW DC 20009 unit 101e but I am not sure what the "e" part means? I was looking at unit 111 on the first floor, is that close to the meth lab? Did they do any sort of de contamination ?

Lauren
Owner1308 clifton

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

That guy has moved out, He is going to sell the unit ( good luck with that).it's just sad all the way around. Hazmat teams all night on New Years Eve. It was very embarrassing for those of us who's guests were greeted by The DEA when they came over that night.

I just hope they disclose what was going on in there to potential buyers, especially if they have kids.
Mike mills

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Okay so this guy had a meth problem and tried to cook in his condo, he is not u der arrest and has been allowed to move out and take his drug sales proceeds with him. Get over it!
People should have the right to choose meth, sex and death. The fact that he decided to become a manufacturer is a little disturbing, but his choice. It was the DC police that chose to pay for the hazmat clean up and let him move out so at least the DC police and DEA respect the right for citizens to use and attempt to manufacture meth. No big deal.
Chemclean

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

When it comes to buying distressed homes that seem like a good deal like the property here at 1308 Clifton st NW DC 20009 Unit 101, you may want to play it safe and have it tested for chemical residue. This not only is a great idea for this particular ex drug lab but for any home that has been occupied by a known meth addict and dealer.
Smoking chemicals such as meth can contaminate the air and residue can seep into walls and surfaces. That fresh coat of paint is not going to cover up a contaminated site.

1308 Clifton 101 and those around it may want to check into this, your home may be more contaminated than you may think.

Good day
Charlotte Q

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Hello everyone, I am looking at a unit located on the second floor of 1308 Clifton St NW, I saw apt #101 was some sort of drug lab according to The Washington Post. Could someone please tell me if the unit was de contaminated? What was the outcome of this ?

Thank You
Jeffrey

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Charlotte, the guy who lived there moved out. No word on the contamination of the unit but hazmat teams were there. I love living here but I am on the 5th floor and would not personally recommend living above or near the unit 101 as I was told by D.C police there was an " attempt" to manufacture but there was defiantly meth smoked in the unit.

I hope this helps. If I were you I would pull the police report at the 3rd district for Chadd Dennis, this may give you more insight.
Jeffrey

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Sorry, the name is Chad Dennis unit 101, typo
Gerry bash

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Mar 20

I want to know more information about the hazmat and removal of chemicals from this lab, I am looking at a unit in 1308 Clifton St and it is near unit 101. I have concerns about what I was told was a meth lab. I went to the third district police but do not have the case number to find out anymore information. Could anyone please post the case number? I assume the person was arrested or has moved out. I am mainly worried about the meth lab and the smoking of meth as I am told it can contaminate adjacent units.

Thanks for any information

Gerry

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Washington, DC Forum right now

Search the Washington, DC Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr whinersrus 17,729
Defend 'Obamacare' unabashedly, some Democrats say 4 hr DC Cop 4
Right to Invade Mexico 4 hr Solid 3
Illegals 4 hr Solid 1
Dirty Harry 4 hr Solid 1
Putin is Wrong 15 hr Basil 1
Sen. Mary Landrieu's New Ad Says Obama Policies... 17 hr kuda 36
•••
•••
•••
•••

Washington, DC Jobs

•••