Catholic Institutions Sue U.S. Govern...

Catholic Institutions Sue U.S. Government Over Health Care

There are 60 comments on the WUSA-TV Washington story from May 22, 2012, titled Catholic Institutions Sue U.S. Government Over Health Care. In it, WUSA-TV Washington reports that:

WASHINGTON, D.C. ---The Catholic Archdiocese of Washington has joined other Catholic organizations that on Monday sued the Obama Administration over provisions of the new health care law that would require employers to offer contraception services in their health care plans, arguing the proposal violates First Amendment protection for religious ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA-TV Washington.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wake Up

United States

#43 May 23, 2012
I see you are posting to a poster who accuses other of molesting children now.
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
There are millions of Muslims, Hindus, and others who have been americans longer than he has. Its obvious he has an inner hatred. What would Jesus say about that?(lol)
Michael

Caledonia, Canada

#44 May 23, 2012
Election 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're thinking of Islam.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/...
NOPE! He is thinking America, Germany, Canada, Ireland, Austria, Australia, France, Italy, any country where catholic clergy reside.......want more?

Look at this? 2 dioceses in Virginia, and 6! in Illinois. Where are the catholic voices!! Easy to throw mud at others but when your own backyard is full to the brim, best clean it up first.....right? UNBELIEVABLE!

http://bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/Pri...
Wake Up

United States

#45 May 23, 2012
What would Jesus say about the ending life with the abortion pill, per the HHS mandate. The government was against it on the mosque, were they not... And I cannot trample the Constitution as well, I am a citizen, not a elected official, nor a appointed one. I cannot make legislation, mandates, etc... And we all have a right to free speech, and as a law abiding citizen I have every right to speak out if I disagree. If you do not like it, take a hike pal.
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
There are millions of Muslims, Hindus, and others who have been americans longer than he has. Its obvious he has an inner hatred. What would Jesus say about that?(lol)
Michael

Caledonia, Canada

#46 May 23, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
I see you are posting to a poster who accuses other of molesting children now. <quoted text>
Take your own advice!

You say "Anyone who makes an accusation of child molesting to ME! does nt need any response from me"

OK!!......
Wake Up

United States

#47 May 23, 2012
You have right to speak out, but the Catholic Institutions have every right to sue over the HHS mandate, whether you like it or not. Again this is not about Church attendance, criminal activity by priests or any walk of life, this is about religious liberty and our First Amendment Rights. This is not mud slinging, it is the Constitution! Get it Now, probably not....
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
NOPE! He is thinking America, Germany, Canada, Ireland, Austria, Australia, France, Italy, any country where catholic clergy reside.......want more?
Look at this? 2 dioceses in Virginia, and 6! in Illinois. Where are the catholic voices!! Easy to throw mud at others but when your own backyard is full to the brim, best clean it up first.....right? UNBELIEVABLE!
http://bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/Pri...
Wake Up

United States

#48 May 23, 2012
That poster makes false accusation to me all the time, he is not someone who is credible with his vile accusations because I do not support the Obama agenda.
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your own advice!
You say "Anyone who makes an accusation of child molesting to ME! does nt need any response from me"
OK!!......
Michael

Caledonia, Canada

#49 May 23, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
What would Jesus say about the ending life with the abortion pill, per the HHS mandate. The government was against it on the mosque, were they not... And I cannot trample the Constitution as well, I am a citizen, not a elected official, nor a appointed one. I cannot make legislation, mandates, etc... And we all have a right to free speech, and as a law abiding citizen I have every right to speak out if I disagree. If you do not like it, take a hike pal. <quoted text>
I am an ex-catholic, but I am pro-life, nothing to do with the church.

Maybe you should take the fight to catholics themselves? Did you know that in 2010 ALMOST as many catholic women had abortions in america as the general population? Why? Why do MOST catholics favor OPTIONAL celebacy including many priests/nuns? Why do MOST catholics not even attend mandatory sunday mass weekly? Why?

Its obvious the whole church is in turmoil. Scandals coming out of the popes ying yang, nuns running amuck in america, catholics not following their own churches policies. I would think these issues are Job #1.

Your fight should be to find out why so many catholics have splintered the church before taking on new issues. The churches plate is overflowing.

I too have the same right to speak out! and I will.
Michael

Caledonia, Canada

#50 May 23, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
You have right to speak out, but the Catholic Institutions have every right to sue over the HHS mandate, whether you like it or not. Again this is not about Church attendance, criminal activity by priests or any walk of life, this is about religious liberty and our First Amendment Rights. This is not mud slinging, it is the Constitution! Get it Now, probably not.... <quoted text>
You need to lose the attitude. Whenever anyone says truthful things about your church that aren't what you want to hear........you get your back up and defensive.......CHILL!
Wake Up

United States

#51 May 23, 2012
Again everyone has free will, God does not force anyone to obey his commandments. You most certainly have the right to speak out. When did I say you did not. And you cannot tell me that I should pick a fight about. who have had abortions and are catholics, or who have left the church, etc.. I prefer prayer for souls. You have every right to do as you please, and vice versa baby.
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an ex-catholic, but I am pro-life, nothing to do with the church.
Maybe you should take the fight to catholics themselves? Did you know that in 2010 ALMOST as many catholic women had abortions in america as the general population? Why? Why do MOST catholics favor OPTIONAL celebacy including many priests/nuns? Why do MOST catholics not even attend mandatory sunday mass weekly? Why?
Its obvious the whole church is in turmoil. Scandals coming out of the popes ying yang, nuns running amuck in america, catholics not following their own churches policies. I would think these issues are Job #1.
Your fight should be to find out why so many catholics have splintered the church before taking on new issues. The churches plate is overflowing.
I too have the same right to speak out! and I will.
Wake Up

United States

#52 May 23, 2012
Attitude oh so I am not saying what you want to hear, or the correct response, this wouldn't have anything to do with the lawsuits against the HHS mandate would it now LOL!!!
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to lose the attitude. Whenever anyone says truthful things about your church that aren't what you want to hear........you get your back up and defensive.......CHILL!
Justin Igger

Washington, DC

#53 May 23, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
Anyone who makes vile accusations of child molesting to another such as me, does not need to be dignified with any responses on any thread. I could care less what you have to say. <quoted text>
If you didn't support child molesters and their organizations, you wouldnt be accused of it.
Wake Up

United States

#54 May 23, 2012
Same lib loon, just a different post name.
Justin Igger wrote:
<quoted text>If you didn't support child molesters and their organizations, you wouldnt be accused of it.
H Gribble

Washington, DC

#55 May 23, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
I see you are posting to a poster who accuses other of molesting children now. <quoted text>
I only accuse YOU of molesting children. It's basically the same thing as you accusing everyone who doesn't agree with you of being a liberal, being communist, playing the race card, and all the other crap you come up with. I learned early-on that you lacked the skills to offer up any meaningful debate on anything. If someone is not in total agreement with you, the name-calling starts. I simply come at you on your level.
H Gribble

Washington, DC

#56 May 23, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
Same lib loon, just a different post name. <quoted text>
Nope! Thats just another person that frequents my place of business.
Wake Up

United States

#57 May 23, 2012
Thank You Moral Liberal and Your Article on the HHS mandates lawsuits, you make us proud to be Americans whether Conservative, Liberal, Democrat, or Republican!!
http://www.themoralliberal.com/2012/05/21/hhs...
Michael

Caledonia, Canada

#58 May 23, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
What would Jesus say about the ending life with the abortion pill, per the HHS mandate. The government was against it on the mosque, were they not... And I cannot trample the Constitution as well, I am a citizen, not a elected official, nor a appointed one. I cannot make legislation, mandates, etc... And we all have a right to free speech, and as a law abiding citizen I have every right to speak out if I disagree. If you do not like it, take a hike pal. <quoted text>

If your so upset about abortions and your one of these that protest out in front of hospitals with placards then why aren't you and other protesters going into the hospital asking to adopt the baby thats going to be aborted? HIPOCRACY!
Put up or shut up!
Wake Up

United States

#59 May 23, 2012
Whether you like it or not we have the right to protest and disagree, free speech is exactly that. Telling me to shut up, etc.. if I don't do this or that will not fly here.
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If your so upset about abortions and your one of these that protest out in front of hospitals with placards then why aren't you and other protesters going into the hospital asking to adopt the baby thats going to be aborted? HIPOCRACY!
Put up or shut up!
H Gribble

Washington, DC

#60 May 23, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
Whether you like it or not we have the right to protest and disagree, free speech is exactly that. Telling me to shut up, etc.. if I don't do this or that will not fly here. <quoted text>
Where do you get the authority to decide what will or will not fly here? Maybe you should shut up.
Wake Up

United States

#61 May 23, 2012
Lib loon response.
H Gribble wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you get the authority to decide what will or will not fly here? Maybe you should shut up.
H Gribble

Washington, DC

#62 May 23, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
Lib loon response. <quoted text>
That's the best you can do isn't it? My how pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington, DC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i took a shit on the holy quran 25 min Aponi 7
The Green Party will replace the Democratic Party 37 min Aponi 2
Demo violence 38 min Aponi 1
Whos at fault 40 min Aponi 1
House and Senate Republicans to Democrats: We a... 4 hr Local 1
straight from the quran,,,,,, 4 hr District10 2
Maxine Waters = this forum's Democrats 7 hr District10 31

Washington, DC Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Washington, DC Mortgages