Romney Donates Twice as Much to Chari...

Romney Donates Twice as Much to Charity as Obama

Posted in the Washington, DC Forum

Election 2012

Washington, DC

#1 Sep 21, 2012
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-po...

Mitt Romney's presidential campaign is releasing 20 years of tax returns on Friday, and his accountant says it will show he gave 13.45 percent of his adjusted gross income to charities.

That's nearly twice the rate of President Obama, who according to his tax returns from 2000 through 2011 donated just less than 7 percent of his adjusted gross income to charities.

Mr. Romney's campaign did not release his returns, but instead had his trustee, Brad Malt, write a blog post giving some details of returns from 1990 through 2009.

The campaign has released Mr. Romney's 2010 return and, later Friday, will release his 2011 return, which he filed with the IRS earlier in the day.

That return will show Mr. Romney and his wife Ann paid $1.9 million in taxes on income of $13.7 million, for a rate of 14.1 percent, Mr. Malt said. Most of that income is from investments, which are usually taxed at a lower rate than salary or wages.

Mr. Malt said the Romneys would have had an even lower tax burden if they'd claimed the full deduction for all of their charitable giving in 2011, but said they "limited their deduction of charitable contributions to conform to the governor's statement in August, based upon the January estimate of income, that he paid at least 13 percent in income taxes in each of the last 10 years."

When charitable contributions and federal and state taxes are combined, it amounted to 38.5 percent of the Romneys' income, the trustee said.

Mr. Malt said the Romneys have owed taxes in each of the years in question which contradicts a charge Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, issued earlier this summer.
Election 2012

Washington, DC

#2 Sep 21, 2012
Not mentioned: Joe Biden gives zero to charity.

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#3 Sep 21, 2012
20 years? haHAHHAHHAHA

They onnly released LAST YEAR, and Mitt purposed skipped deuctions so his tax rate would come up a bit,

20 years? OMG conservatives will lie about anything
Conservative 2

Ripley, MS

#4 Sep 22, 2012
FFS- wrote:
20 years? haHAHHAHHAHA
They onnly released LAST YEAR, and Mitt purposed skipped deuctions so his tax rate would come up a bit,
20 years? OMG conservatives will lie about anything
As usual no comment about the issues just attack and misinformation.

No comment on the the deductions. Typical liberal has no clue of what the real issues are. As long as the government is running our lives we can sit on our lazy ass and draw that lazy check.

What about obamacare raising taxes on over 6 million middle class workers. But the corrupt unions don't have to worry about that since they were bought off by waivers.
Election 2012

Washington, DC

#5 Sep 24, 2012
Conservative 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
No comment on the the deductions. Typical liberal has no clue of what the real issues are. As long as the government is running our lives we can sit on our lazy ass and draw that lazy check.
What about obamacare raising taxes on over 6 million middle class workers. But the corrupt unions don't have to worry about that since they were bought off by waivers.
Don't expect anything significant or insightful from FFS.
Wake Up

Plainfield, IL

#6 Sep 24, 2012
Yes and his aliases here barefoot and bodhisattva here and more, tie it together like mom and son in Pyscho's, Anthony Perkins.. At least we know he loves and lives Alfred! But his political opinions prove he is a lib loon.
Election 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't expect anything significant or insightful from FFS.
Justin Igger

Chevy Chase, MD

#7 Sep 24, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
Yes I was blowing the kid from up the street this morning and heard something about this on the news. I ran right to my computer to post some of my ignorance on Topix. I didn't even take the time to wipe my chin because I felt that this was more important. <quoted text>
I bet you did. Obama 2012!!!
CONSERVATIVE

Jefferson, GA

#8 Sep 24, 2012
Conservative 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've decided to save all my laughing until the morning of November 7th! Then I'm going to put on a pair of depends and laugh until I piss my pants, because nobama will have has his a$$ handed to him by then! Then I'm going to see if FFS- keeps his end of the bet we made and pays off! After that nobamacare will be a non-issue! Tea Party 2012!

Buffalo, NY

#9 Sep 24, 2012
CONSERVATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
I've decided to save all my laughing until the morning of November 7th! Then I'm going to put on a pair of depends and laugh until I piss my pants, because nobama will have has his a$$ handed to him by then! Then I'm going to see if FFS- keeps his end of the bet we made and pays off! After that nobamacare will be a non-issue! Tea Party 2012!
lol, come november 7th you wont be back for weeks!

rememner, take my $100 to the closest planned parenthood office as a personal donation!

Buffalo, NY

#10 Sep 24, 2012
CONSERVATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and here is a reality break for you:

http://www.politico.com/2012-election/swing-s...
CONSERVATIVE

Jefferson, GA

#11 Sep 24, 2012
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, and here is a reality break for you:
http://www.politico.com/2012-election/swing-s...
Don't mean nothin! I've sworn off polls and prognosticating. I'm just going to wait and see. Tea Party 2012!
Romney For Pres

Baker, LA

#12 Sep 26, 2012
Poles are only accurate 1 to 2 weeks before the election. Bet it will be an eye opener.
Romney For Pres

Baker, LA

#13 Sep 26, 2012
Romney is so generous to charities. Is there any other politician out there that has donated more than Romney? Maybe he can get 47% refunded. lol

Buffalo, NY

#14 Sep 26, 2012
Romney For Pres wrote:
Romney is so generous to charities. Is there any other politician out there that has donated more than Romney? Maybe he can get 47% refunded. lol
yes, Mitt was very generous THE YEAR BEFORE HE PLANNED ON RUNNINGG FOR PRESIDENT

We dont know if he is always generous because he wont release his tax returns!
CONSERVATIVE

Jefferson, GA

#15 Sep 26, 2012
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>yes, Mitt was very generous THE YEAR BEFORE HE PLANNED ON RUNNINGG FOR PRESIDENT
We dont know if he is always generous because he wont release his tax returns!
We probably won't ever know if nobama's legit because he won't release his records! Tea Party 2012!
sperm doner

United States

#16 Sep 26, 2012
Obama has to when. We inthe hood got no place find jobs up in here becuz rich stupid repubicans. We hate republicans and got too much money were done got none
Romney For Pres

Baton Rouge, LA

#17 Sep 26, 2012
sperm doner wrote:
Obama has to when. We inthe hood got no place find jobs up in here becuz rich stupid repubicans. We hate republicans and got too much money were done got none
How about your rich democrats? Have any rich democrats cruised the hood giving out jobs?
sperm doner

United States

#18 Sep 26, 2012
Don't need jobs. Just money. The will give it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington, DC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 49 min WasteWater 1,476
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr HERE COMES DA JUDGE 20,110
Why? Thu listen 1
f*** you America and you dumb an downs Thu Wake up 1
News What happened to Benghazi? Focus is on Clinton Thu Mikey 8
hillary calls me bernie sanders Wed Smokin Joe 2
PROcrastinators Bootcamp THURSDAY FREE SNACKS F... Sep 2 Thaddeous123 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Washington, DC Mortgages