Silver Spring Man Charged in Murder o...

Silver Spring Man Charged in Murder of Two Sons

There are 10 comments on the WUSA Washington, DC story from Jul 30, 2007, titled Silver Spring Man Charged in Murder of Two Sons. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

A Silver Spring man has been charged in the deaths of his two sons. Montgomery county police arrested 44-year-old Thurman Herring Jr., who they say killed his two sons, identified as Jeremy Herring, 18, and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

Donna

Washington, DC

#1 Jul 30, 2007
Dear God in heaven, what is this world coming to????
abc

Derwood, MD

#2 Jul 31, 2007
Jeremy was a great student and a good classmate!!!! and a great basketball player for John F. kennedy high School! cant believe we just graduated and his life has been ended by his father....wen it was just a fresh start!
Emelia L

Olney, MD

#3 Aug 1, 2007
Jeremy was a good friend of mine.who had a good attitude towards all his friends and he always gave me advice.he was like my big brother. and he always stop up for me.i dont know how evil you could be to kill your own kids.
R.I.P JEREMY
R.I.P JUSTIN
CCB....ROLLCALL....ALL DAI
Meg E

Potomac, MD

#4 Aug 1, 2007
I got to know justin so well. he was just one of those godly people that everyone should know. im having a terrible time dealing with this, but i just want to put it out there that these two kids should be recognized as gods children because they just made you want to be good people too. I love justin so much, i didnt get to know jeremy too well unfortunatly. Justin you'll always be my big brother. i love you man.
NandM

Putnam, CT

#5 Aug 1, 2007
My boyfriend and I were both raised in Silver Spring and attended Einstein and Wheaton HS's, both were considered rivals to Kennedy at one time or another so when he told me about what happened to Jeremy and Justin I was immediately struck with grief. These young men, although I do not know them personally but from what I have read and heard were role models and true examples of what our community has to offer. The loss of their young and promising lives is a tragedy. I offer my deepest condolences to their mother and all of their friends and family as well as the students of Kennedy H.S. As a community we should let it be known that Jeremy and Justin will not be forgotten and we should all celebrate the lives of these two beautiful young men and pay tribute to their achievements and the lives they touched in their short but commendable lives. May the two of them rest in peace.
brianna

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#6 Aug 19, 2007
dear god plz let there mother be okay and lay over her
Triana

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Aug 13, 2011
Let us pray for their father too. I knew this man and he was a good man and loved his family. It is also a tradegy. I am just learning of this 4 years later, however the boys are the way they are because of his father and mother's upbringing and how they were. It had to be some depression or psychotic medication that made this father do this. All who knew this father knows exactly what I am talking about. Something went wrong. Please pray for him too. I pray for the mother that is left and don't know where the father is but if alive him too. In Jesus Name of ask, receive and acknowledge that God allowed this for a reason that is greater than anything we can understand without seeking him and asking for wisdom to understand.
flowergirl63

Dover, PA

#8 Aug 14, 2011
I bet it is the drugs the doctors gave.but docs say depression meds are safe not true there is a site on here that shows that all the depression meds that people had killed.....to bad the docs are liers these
drugs are not safe ......i hope the young people
read this and not take antidepressants.... and any
one for that matter so sad .....
Jessi--from Gaithersburg

Gaithersburg, MD

#9 Aug 17, 2011
So sad what this World is becoming...people are starting to kill each other...Poor guy may he R.I.P. and may GOD Punish this Cruel Cold Hearted Man.
peaches

Dallas, TX

#11 Jul 9, 2012
I knew this man as well and I am just learning of this tragedy. I wonder where Thurman is and pray the wife is OK he was a member of our prayer group I am still not over this 1 yr later I hope he is OK. I know the boys must be with the lord and there is a message in this and it will be revealed someday. May God help us all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington, DC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton : Will pass out on debate floor 2 hr War dog 14
snapcash for nudess 6 hr collegehottie420 11
World is Ridiculing U. S. over Trump Candidacy ! 9 hr Earl 44
An American Homeless Woman by Patricia Louise M... 10 hr Patricia_McGurk 1
Trump for President, He will win. watch 14 hr Earl 149
Anthony Weiner Criminal Felon 14 hr Earl 8
News 15 African American history destinations in Was... 19 hr Andrew 3

Washington, DC Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance