What is considered to be long hair?

Posted in the Washington, DC Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Fairfield, CT

#1 Nov 20, 2008
Many men prefer long hair as opposed to short hair...so I heard. My hair falls past my shoulders, but doesn't quite touch my chest. I've been told I have long hair by some... and short hair by others... I define it as medium length...

What's your take?
Meghan

Sun Prairie, WI

#2 Jan 4, 2009
some people say below shoulder is long. personally, i think chest area is considered long. take your pick.
Rachael

Windsor, Canada

#3 Jan 6, 2009
I think that it really depends on what people think; I've asked several hair stylists and some say that it's considered long when it's just touching the shoulders, that it's considered long when it's half way down your back, etc. I personally think that your hair is considered long when it gets past your shoulders, but that's just me.
Jody B

Ellicott City, MD

#4 Jan 7, 2009
I just like my women to have hair. Well, now that I think about it, I guess they don't really have to have hair.

I don't really care what length it is as long as it is groomed well.
Nunya

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Dec 18, 2010
I have reddish chocolate brown curls. I'm only five feet tall and my hair is about to my belly button(curly). I'm only 13 so is that considered long hair? When I was 4 my hair was a little higher than my ankles.
Mandi

Watertown, CT

#6 Jan 2, 2011
Nunya, your hair is TOTALLY long. I wish mine was that long...well, not to my ankles but to my belly button!
My hair is up to my chest...it used to be down my lower back but i donated it. Then it was up to my years and it's growing pretty slow. I did it three years ago and my hair is only at my chest!
It is easier to take care of shorter hair...long hair gets pretty difficult. Especially when it comes to combing/brushing it!!!(:
Twilight fan

Haddonfield, NJ

#7 Apr 30, 2011
My hair is at where the button is on your pants. I do have to pull up my pants for it to reach there. Is that long either way?~Twilight fan
Twilight fan

Haddonfield, NJ

#8 Apr 30, 2011
Oh and does it matter what kind of hair it is? Would it still be considered long if it was curly straight whatever. One of my friend asked, just wondering.~Twilight fan
Twilight fan

Haddonfield, NJ

#9 Apr 30, 2011
Twilight fan wrote:
My hair is at where the button is on your pants. I do have to pull up my pants a little for it to reach there. Is that long either way?~Twilight fan
Please comment soon!
Twilight fan

Haddonfield, NJ

#10 Apr 30, 2011
oh sorry forgot one thing in my first one! Pleae comment!~Twilight fan
Twilight fan

Haddonfield, NJ

#11 Apr 30, 2011
I ment to say a little ~Twilight fan
Twilight fan

Haddonfield, NJ

#12 Apr 30, 2011
Ok now I just want to stop commenting please answer my question so I can move on with my life!!{To see question read ~Twilight fan, please help!!}
Cherry

Haddonfield, NJ

#13 May 1, 2011
Ok I was going to ask if my hair was long but Nunya and I have the same length! Anyway, I think short hair is in between the shoulders and the chin or higher. Medium isin the middle of the armpit, or a little higher. Also medium is 1/4 down your back. Long is halfway down your back or longer. I hope this helps!
Cherry

Haddonfield, NJ

#14 May 1, 2011
Oh and VERY long is all the way to the ground where you step on it.{I don't think you would want this.}
decent woman

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Jun 3, 2011
CHBrown wrote:
Many men prefer long hair as opposed to short hair...so I heard. My hair falls past my shoulders, but doesn't quite touch my chest. I've been told I have long hair by some... and short hair by others... I define it as medium length...
What's your take?
a decent woman should have a very short curly perm so go and get that mop chopped off.
Hugh Hefner

Washington, DC

#16 Jun 3, 2011
More than a landing strip.
someone

Haddonfield, NJ

#17 Aug 21, 2011
decent woman wrote:
<quoted text>a decent woman should have a very short curly perm so go and get that mop chopped off.
Come on. Really?? u just said she isnt a decent woman. How rude!! Some ppl want long hair.
someone

Haddonfield, NJ

#18 Aug 21, 2011
really
Leon 45 Jones

Manassas, VA

#19 Aug 21, 2011
Its taken me a lot of years but I was finally able to get my hair long enuff to put in beads. Its about ten inches long under both arms now. Word
sick of paying

Elyria, OH

#20 Aug 21, 2011
Rachael wrote:
I think that it really depends on what people think; I've asked several hair stylists and some say that it's considered long when it's just touching the shoulders, that it's considered long when it's half way down your back, etc. I personally think that your hair is considered long when it gets past your shoulders, but that's just me.
Hair stylists say its long if its touching the shoulders or longer, because the longer it is, the more they charge to cut/trim it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington, DC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Oh well 20,085
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 2 hr Daniela 1,277
The Media Bias Denies Donald Trump's Secure Bor... 12 hr Culture Auditor 1
Media Promotes Bias Free Language But Not Vulga... Sun Culture Auditor 1
Second Chance Opens Borders to Benefits for Cri... Aug 1 Culture Auditor 1
News Congress heads off on vacation, putting off mes... Aug 1 Go Blue Forever 1
Mark Mitchell & 3 Co-Sponsors Will Probably Ous... Jul 31 Cris Ericson 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Washington, DC Mortgages