Neighbor Charged With Poisoning Family Dog With Anti-Freeze

Some people love dogs, some people don't. But can you imagine someone who would poison one -- with anti-freeze? A Laurel man stands charged with animal cruelty in the death of his next door neighbor's dog. Full Story
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Gary

Fairfax, VA

#1 Feb 8, 2007
I think this neighbor should do 20 years in prison..no parole and also have the picture of the murdered dog in the cell to gaze at daily. That, or just shoot him.
Adelphi

Bethesda, MD

#2 Feb 8, 2007
That's animal cruelty, so would want to be so mean

ALW

“God surely has been good to me”

Since: Jan 07

Virginia

#4 Feb 8, 2007
What a jerk. What kind of person would do this to a pet? Animal Lover...you said it best!
Loves animals

United States

#5 Feb 8, 2007
How MEAN! He should be posioned as well, to go through the same kind of pain that sweet dog went through. I feel for the family, its so hard to loose a pet. Pets are like children, part of the family. Hugs to the family,
Choked Up

Davenport, IA

#7 Feb 8, 2007
I am not saying I agree with what transpired, but I work with someone whose neighbor has a dog that has barked for the past 2 years (ever since he moved in next door). My associate does not like animals to begin with, and to top it off, the dog barks constantly and ruins his time spent outside as he has to put up with the noise pollution from the barking. So I doubt Ms. Casella's dog was quiet all the time, and I doubt that the pet owner takes into consideration the amount of noise their animal emits. Again, not that I applaud or believe what was done was the correct thing to do, but it could be understandable why this guy did it.
Andre

Bethesda, MD

#8 Feb 8, 2007
What kind of person in his right mind would do such a thing to another creature? He deserves life in prison.
No Pets

AOL

#9 Feb 9, 2007
It is not ever understandable as to why someone would KILL another person's pet. Whether you like them or not, whether they are noisy or quiet, you don't kill them, you can call the owner and complain, you can call animal control if it's barking all the time, but you do not kill someone's pet just because it barks.
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#10 Feb 9, 2007
I cannot understand why some people get some sort of sick thrill out of hurting the innocent - I can only hope that this nut is put away for a long, long time. Some people might say "it's only a dog," but it's a well known fact that many people who abuse animals go on to hurt humans. The neighbors are quite right in being worried about what he'd do to their families.
RetiredCop

Washington, DC

#11 Feb 9, 2007
This type of person IS capable of elevating this.... I would say to be very careful, maybe put up a camera or two, and I would consider exhuming the other dog for testing, even if it cost for the testing, and provide that to the prosecutors. Talk to them 1st to see if they would use it.
navy qm retired

Alexandria, VA

#12 Feb 9, 2007
they should have him lap up the poison and watch him die
Gail

Boyds, MD

#14 Feb 9, 2007
Although I in no way condone the intentional poisoning of an animal, I note that the grieving family does not recognize their possible culpability in this matter. Several questions come to mind: Was their dog on the neighbor's property? Was their dog on a leash? If the answer to the first question is yes, then why was the dog allowed to run freely throughout the community? This same question applies to the other neighbors who express concerns for their animals. Why are you letting your animals out without being on a leash? Whether you agree with the law or not, most communities now have leash laws; and, allowing your pets to roam freely without the proper supervision and in observance of the law is both illegal and irresponsible! Maybe it's possible this man was just tired of having his neighbor's pets on his property and took a drastic approach to solving the problem.
Kathy

Severn, MD

#15 Feb 9, 2007
This man is dangerous and I hope that he receives the maximum amount of jail time for this crime. In addition, I believe that psychotherapy and a hefty donation to a local animal shelter are also in order. As for a previous comment made regarding the possibility that this dog may have annoyed Mr. Schroeder with its barking, it's absurd to even think that a scenario such as that could make this act understandable. There are other avenues available for dealing with neighboring barking dogs and anyone who would resort to killing the dog is mentally ill.
To the family who has lost their beloved pet - please accept my condolences.
Dwayne Hall

Sterling, VA

#16 Feb 9, 2007
I would like to say to Kathy and family I am sorry for the loss of your dog/friend . This guy needs to go down hard . What would be good for him, not just jail time but let a trained police dog have a shot at him . My sister fosters dogs and I can`t see how someone can be so low to an animal that is not attacking you . My heart goes out to your family . Sincerly, Dwayne
Linda Huntingtown MD

Baltimore, MD

#17 Feb 9, 2007
People who are cruel to any animals send me into a total rage!!! The jail terms and fines aren't anywhere near high enough. There is a reserved spot in HELL for this jerk and others like him, and I hope someone (either here or above) sends him on the trip soon so he can't hurt any more innocent pets.
Carol Cascio

Washington, DC

#19 Feb 9, 2007
Put Jack Schroeder away for life. If he will kill a precious animal, he is capable of killing a child.
Woody

Washington, DC

#18 Feb 9, 2007
No excuses, he took a life....God have mercy on his soul.
Killer of Giants

Jacksonville, NC

#20 Feb 9, 2007
The *ssbag is a murderer. He should have a D branded on his forehead for dog murderer.
Chris

Fort Washington, MD

#21 Feb 9, 2007
I personally think he should be made to drink what he gave the dog. That is very sad. I would be very scared to live by him. Something is obviously wrong with the man!
Midukes

United States

#22 Feb 9, 2007
Cruelty to animal charge? The man kill[ed] an living being. He needs jail time! With community 1500 hrs community service taking care of dogs/cats.
How dare he!!
Detra Kendrick

Winchester, VA

#23 Feb 9, 2007
After recently lossing my family pet "Penny" from natural causes, and after 13 years of her being a part of my life, I can just imagine how the McSweeneys feel from lossing there family pet by someone who hates animals and would use poisen to kill it. I would hope that our justice system would punish that sick neighbor to the fullist exent of the law. If you don't like Cat's or Dog's you have the option of not having one as your pet, but don't take it into your hands to destroy another person's beloved pet. That is just mean and crule.

Fredericksburg, VA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington, DC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama to broaden US effort to combat militants 10 min Righteous 263
The Decline and Fall of the DAR Constitution Hall 53 min Culture Auditor 1
Millennials Ruined America 2 hr islam is terror 2
ISIS in Mexico 2 hr islam is terror 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr pedlar 19,204
Obama immigration delay a pre-election curveball 5 hr RayOne 245
No gridlock for gay marriage, legal marijuana 13 hr Professor Jumper 4
•••
•••
•••