D.C. to vote on $11.50 minimum wage

Dec 3, 2013 Full story: WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh 922

Once you're logged in, at the top of each article, video or slideshow you will see a list of your Facebook friends who recently visited Choose to share stories you'e read with your friends or turn sharing OFF to keep your reading experience anonymous .

Full Story
First Prev
of 47
Next Last
SaveAmerica

Mascot, TN

#1 Dec 3, 2013
Lower the cost of living .JEWS ARE ROBBING THEN DESTROYING AMERICA . EXECUTE THESE PIGS !
CTM

Southbury, CT

#2 Dec 3, 2013
$11.50? They still won't be able to afford Obamacare!!:)
Pete

London, KY

#3 Dec 4, 2013
CTM wrote:
$11.50? They still won't be able to afford Obamacare!!:)
dont want us to have aneything, Rich ass Scumbag!!!..you go right straight to Hell!!!!!!!!!.
cancer suxs

Owatonna, MN

#4 Dec 4, 2013
I minimum wage and the average hourly wage had went up at same rate as he top 20% wages went up over last 30 years minimum wage would be $15 an hour and average hourly wage would be $30 an hour.

either one must come up or one must come down.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#5 Dec 4, 2013
cancer suxs wrote:
I minimum wage and the average hourly wage had went up at same rate as he top 20% wages went up over last 30 years minimum wage would be $15 an hour and average hourly wage would be $30 an hour.
either one must come up or one must come down.
you don't think the skills needed to get those top 20% paying jobs didn't increase by that much in the last thirty years?
it still takes the same talent to ask if you want fries with that...

it's been a while, cancer sux...why the name change?
cancer suxs

Owatonna, MN

#6 Dec 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you don't think the skills needed to get those top 20% paying jobs didn't increase by that much in the last thirty years?
it still takes the same talent to ask if you want fries with that...
it's been a while, cancer sux...why the name change?
The skills for the top 20% actually went down. Use to be a CEO had one secretary. Now CEO has massive team whole floors filled with aids and secretaries. The top does less work more BS>

What name change? I am new here just this week.

Minnesota's North Coast

#7 Dec 4, 2013
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
The skills for the top 20% actually went down. Use to be a CEO had one secretary. Now CEO has massive team whole floors filled with aids and secretaries. The top does less work more BS>
What name change? I am new here just this week.
oh please....

still tossing out the BS, huh?
cancer suxs

Owatonna, MN

#8 Dec 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh please....
still tossing out the BS, huh?
Not sure what you mean. I just posted facts. Prove me wrong or shut up.

Minnesota's North Coast

#9 Dec 4, 2013
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what you mean. I just posted facts. Prove me wrong or shut up.
yeah, you don't think its a tad insulting to us that you think we'd be so stupid as to not recognize you? you post on the same topics, the exact same crap you posted before...

please, not everyone is as stupid as you to buy into your obvious bullshit...

i realize it was very embarrassing for you to be called out on your bullshit last time...just don't post such obvious BS... like that you are new here...

“Je suis Charlie”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#10 Dec 4, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>dont want us to have aneything, Rich ass Scumbag!!!..you go right straight to Hell!!!!!!!!!.
Entry level jobs are suppose to motivate you to improve yourself, education level and work ethics so you can find your career. Do you want to spend the rest of your life working behind the counter at McDonalds? Is your ambition only worth $11.50 an hour? You need to think about that, real hard!
CTM

Southbury, CT

#11 Dec 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>dont want us to have aneything, Rich ass Scumbag!!!..you go right straight to Hell!!!!!!!!!.
.........You don't recognize sarcasm to well if you are actually serious about this post of yours. If you think $11.50 is that big a step up, you must still live with your parents.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#12 Dec 5, 2013
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
Entry level jobs are suppose to motivate you to improve yourself, education level and work ethics so you can find your career. Do you want to spend the rest of your life working behind the counter at McDonalds? Is your ambition only worth $11.50 an hour? You need to think about that, real hard!
Then of course after 11.50 they will demand higher,then higher,then higher.This bullsh## walk out today is exactly why unions need to be abolished.Thug tactics,redistribution blah,blah,blah.Improving ones stand in life should be their priority.The mindset should be, this is a steppimg stone but instead they think this is it!You must work for what you want.If you don't like your current wage then do something to make more.

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#13 Dec 5, 2013
If this happens, boner's teahadist house will be voting on increasing their per diem to cover it. boner's teahadist house already has 219 days off scheduled for '14. They'll give their increase priority.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#14 Dec 5, 2013
SaveAmerica wrote:
Lower the cost of living .JEWS ARE ROBBING THEN DESTROYING AMERICA . EXECUTE THESE PIGS !
I've spent some time in Knoxville. Was that you goose-stepping back and forth in front of Nazi headquarters?

Location hidden

#15 Dec 5, 2013
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
Naive doesn't begin to describe your level of cluelessness.

Minnesota's North Coast

#17 Dec 5, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Naive doesn't begin to describe your level of cluelessness.
i cannot believe i agree with that POS, but what part of his post was incorrect? i cannot find one bit of it that was not completely factual...
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Dec 5, 2013
Communists are so stupid! Every time they increase the minimum wage, the core industries raise their prices to accommodate the theft. The unfairness of such wages can't be exaggerated. Those employees actually doing the work and filling in for the slackers, although proving their excellence and succeeding in wage increases because of their excellence, end up suffering because the businesses can't afford a commensurate wage increase for them. They end up getting the same, or close to the same wage as those getting paid to be slackers and calling in sick all the time. The country continues to suffer with increased inflation, capable people decide it isn't worth putting out the extra effort and the malaise of Communism fouls and rots the roots of a successful nation more and more.

Location hidden

#19 Dec 5, 2013
alan wrote:
<quoted text>he has a good point in spite of what you think.what happens to those who had worked their way to 11.50?do they get raises of 4.25 above what they were making?these jobs weren't meant to be for life but were to help many kids in school as part time!if you wanted to stay you could get promotions in management if qualified?qualified seems to be the factor, for many workers cant add and subtract and don't deserve promotions!mcdonalds has pictures on their registers to make things simple for many of these people?this minimum wage raise seems to be another reward for those who choose not to go to school but get rewarded for it?its another federal handout reward for being an underachiever?this federal attitude is just going to make employers cut back on their staffs!now what have they accomplished?
Contrary to what you have been brainwashed to believe, kids make up a small minority of fast food workers. Approximately 80% are people who have to support families. No one in america should have to work a full time job and still not earn enough to feed their kids. I won't even dignify your dopey education comment with a reply.
When it comes to developing some human compassion, you are the underacheiver, Alan.

Location hidden

#20 Dec 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i cannot believe i agree with that POS, but what part of his post was incorrect? i cannot find one bit of it that was not completely factual...
Glad you asked. For one thing, even an entry level job should pay enough so one doesn't require food stamps. Anyone who works full time deserves the dignity to make a decent living.

About 80% of fast food workers are adults with families to support. For them it is rarely an "entry level job", but the only job they could get. Few of these people dreamed of a career slinging fast food garbage, but have had to settle for it.

Further, these fast food corporate giants are making money hand over fist, and could easily afford to pay their workers a livable wage. It is pure greedy exploitation, nothing less.

Location hidden

#21 Dec 5, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
Communists are so stupid! Every time they increase the minimum wage, the core industries raise their prices to accommodate the theft. The unfairness of such wages can't be exaggerated. Those employees actually doing the work and filling in for the slackers, although proving their excellence and succeeding in wage increases because of their excellence, end up suffering because the businesses can't afford a commensurate wage increase for them. They end up getting the same, or close to the same wage as those getting paid to be slackers and calling in sick all the time. The country continues to suffer with increased inflation, capable people decide it isn't worth putting out the extra effort and the malaise of Communism fouls and rots the roots of a successful nation more and more.
Go suck an egg, buffoon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 47
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington, DC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Code Pink 8 hr Smokin Joe 3
girlfriends wanting to know all your plans? 10 hr Iwannaknow 1
Ventura Co. Secret Service Waste Tax Payers Money 14 hr MumraTheEvaLiving 1
Monday is groundhog day 17 hr Wondering 1
Focus Free Community College on the Most Qualified 19 hr Culture Auditor 1
professional massage for Ladies Fri New_guest 1
Vendors License in DC Fri Dyogo 1
Washington, DC Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web