Why Do Men Act Like Children

Posted in the Washington, DC Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Curious

Rocky Mount, NC

#1 Jan 4, 2010
Why do men act like children?Why do they put on the macho routine if another male is around.If he gets a cold he lays aroung whinning like he is going to die.They act helples when a women is around.Women are becoming more and more frustrated with this issue.As soon as another male comes around they totally change their actions and attitudes.Women for the most part have become stronger and realize they don't need another child to raise.Men around my town grumble because they can't get a date.Clueless-a bath, a haircut and a shave would help.I understand why women are turning to other women,at least the children have TWO full time parents.God Bless This Mess!
friendofhotblond e

United States

#2 Jan 5, 2010
I will tell you why...they are just as crazy as we (women) are...they just express it differently...LMAO!
David

Menomonee Falls, WI

#3 Jan 7, 2010
Because men are treated like meal tickets by women and dont know of any other way to act.
DC Native

Englewood, CO

#4 Jan 7, 2010
Sounds like someone needs a hug...lol
Grey Ghost

Annapolis, MD

#5 Jan 20, 2010
Interesting question Curious and a valid one too, why wouldn't the average male act like a child now and then in today’s society? The previous generations of women were stronger and more pro active in their relationships. They were the corner stone of a family and their roles as mother, housewife, nurse, caretaker, cook, and wife, were done without the attention seeking feminist attitude of today. People say that women are equal and shouldn’t be looked upon for menial tasks such as homemaking and child care. Well that can be said but it is not true. Being a strong woman and not needing to be recognized for it are why the previous generation of women was so amazing. They handled the majority of the thankless work around the home and did it with pride. Men were left to be men. They did not have to worry about their feelings or about offending some pompous, egocentric, non-nurturing woman. He was in charge of providing for his family and that's what his role was. Today, men are forced to appease and condone behavior from women that 30 years ago didn't exist. So when you state a question like why do men act like children the answer is simple. They have had many of the things that historically are thought to be men's priorities taken away and are forced to do things that are not in their DNA. It is a shame to think that there was a time when women, were women. How terrible it is to be a man and know that there is a strong woman at home taking care of things. A woman who takes pride in how she maintains her home and herself, who nurtures and provides support to her husband and children, and asks for nothing in return, unfortunately that is no longer the case. Women seen so focused on becoming equal in success to a man that there are no more strong women role models left, there are very few women who know how to cook and clean. How to dress, or maintain a higher degree of sophistication, I truly feel sorry for the young men of America, they will most likely never know the wonderful life that can be had by sharing it with a woman that likes to be a woman.
Curious

Rocky Mount, NC

#6 Jan 20, 2010
Grey Ghost wrote:
Interesting question Curious and a valid one too, why wouldn't the average male act like a child now and then in today’s society? The previous generations of women were stronger and more pro active in their relationships. They were the corner stone of a family and their roles as mother, housewife, nurse, caretaker, cook, and wife, were done without the attention seeking feminist attitude of today. People say that women are equal and shouldn’t be looked upon for menial tasks such as homemaking and child care. Well that can be said but it is not true. Being a strong woman and not needing to be recognized for it are why the previous generation of women was so amazing. They handled the majority of the thankless work around the home and did it with pride. Men were left to be men. They did not have to worry about their feelings or about offending some pompous, egocentric, non-nurturing woman. He was in charge of providing for his family and that's what his role was. Today, men are forced to appease and condone behavior from women that 30 years ago didn't exist. So when you state a question like why do men act like children the answer is simple. They have had many of the things that historically are thought to be men's priorities taken away and are forced to do things that are not in their DNA. It is a shame to think that there was a time when women, were women. How terrible it is to be a man and know that there is a strong woman at home taking care of things. A woman who takes pride in how she maintains her home and herself, who nurtures and provides support to her husband and children, and asks for nothing in return, unfortunately that is no longer the case. Women seen so focused on becoming equal in success to a man that there are no more strong women role models left, there are very few women who know how to cook and clean. How to dress, or maintain a higher degree of sophistication, I truly feel sorry for the young men of America, they will most likely never know the wonderful life that can be had by sharing it with a woman that likes to be a woman.
We live in an era that requires both parents to WORK.Women are not here to cook,clean and be waiting on their backs for their MAN to get home.Men are perfectly able to LEARN how to DRESS THEMSELVES.The Caveman era is OVER.White men especially have always believed that they were superior to not only women,but all races combined.Women have evolved to the point that a husband is an option-not a neccessity!Women have choices these days-WE DON"T WANT OR NEED YOUR APPROVAL!
Grey Ghost

Annapolis, MD

#7 Jan 25, 2010
LMAO, thank you Curious, besides missing the entire point of my comment you helped to confirm my point. You are right, women are not here to "cook, clean and be waiting on their backs for their MAN to get home", as you said. Who would want that? I mean come on, the idea of a loving and nurturing woman is a horrible thought! Men today rather have pushy, nagging, bossy, annoying, dirty, useless women. Who wants a partner in life to share things with? It's great to have a woman act like a man. That is what really turns men on. Another good point you made was the fact that "Women have evolved to the point that a husband is an option-not a necessity", I couldn't agree more. The option is available because of rotten attitudes that a lot of women have today, "like you". I'm sure when most men think about settling down they think to themselves, hey I want a strong woman that is so independent and headstrong that everything we do together will be riddled with a feminist flare. Doesn’t that sound like fun guys! The fastest way to have a husband is an option is to act the way your comment sounded. I can't imagine why such a delicate flower such as yourself would have time to post comments while doing such manly things as complaining, bad mouthing, arguing, demoralizing men, and just being you. It is no wonder that the divorce rate is so high in this country, with angry women such as you.
Grey Ghost

Annapolis, MD

#8 Jan 25, 2010
P.S.

For the record, I do not believe that men are superior to women. I feel that there should be an equal partnership and both parties be treated equal. I cannot stand women who think just because they can be bossy, pushy and arrogant, they should. Being mean is not fun whether it is a man OR woman doing it. For all you women out there, please think about this. Your man likes you to be a girl. He wants to do nice things for you, hold the door, buy you dinner, and bring you flowers. Men like to do things for their women because they are women.
Curious

Rocky Mount, NC

#9 Jan 26, 2010
Grey Ghost wrote:
LMAO, thank you Curious, besides missing the entire point of my comment you helped to confirm my point. You are right, women are not here to "cook, clean and be waiting on their backs for their MAN to get home", as you said. Who would want that? I mean come on, the idea of a loving and nurturing woman is a horrible thought! Men today rather have pushy, nagging, bossy, annoying, dirty, useless women. Who wants a partner in life to share things with? It's great to have a woman act like a man. That is what really turns men on. Another good point you made was the fact that "Women have evolved to the point that a husband is an option-not a necessity", I couldn't agree more. The option is available because of rotten attitudes that a lot of women have today, "like you". I'm sure when most men think about settling down they think to themselves, hey I want a strong woman that is so independent and headstrong that everything we do together will be riddled with a feminist flare. Doesn’t that sound like fun guys! The fastest way to have a husband is an option is to act the way your comment sounded. I can't imagine why such a delicate flower such as yourself would have time to post comments while doing such manly things as complaining, bad mouthing, arguing, demoralizing men, and just being you. It is no wonder that the divorce rate is so high in this country, with angry women such as you.
Where do you think "rotten attitudes" come from.A marriage takes TWO.You have the audacity to suggest that women are responsible for the high divorce rate.A woman is here to give birth to keep the species alive.A woman is here to love and nurture.Respect is given when respect is earned.When couples divorce,most of the time the children go with the mother.In some cases,they go with the father.You seem like the exact kind I'm taking about.Your wife is your wife-not your mother.Considering the divorce rate is 67% in this country I think some accoutabilty is due.Then again if it weren't for those damn determined,strong willed women-the world would be different.How do you view your own Mother-she was a woman you know!
Grey Ghost

Annapolis, MD

#10 Jan 28, 2010
Once again you are taking everything I say and putting the "angry woman" twist on it. I never put blame on the high divorce rate on anyone. You were the one who suggested that it is the fault of today's women, not me. Maybe, subconsciously you are blaming women because some of my points are valid. Maybe, the gender roles have become a bit to entangled. Maybe things were better when men were men and women were women. Why were the 1950's considered the happiest time in American history? I find the logic of you argument based more on emotion than actual facts.
Curious

Rocky Mount, NC

#11 Jan 29, 2010
Grey Ghost wrote:
Once again you are taking everything I say and putting the "angry woman" twist on it. I never put blame on the high divorce rate on anyone. You were the one who suggested that it is the fault of today's women, not me. Maybe, subconsciously you are blaming women because some of my points are valid. Maybe, the gender roles have become a bit to entangled. Maybe things were better when men were men and women were women. Why were the 1950's considered the happiest time in American history? I find the logic of you argument based more on emotion than actual facts.
When you live in the past-you will miss the future.If people have the same perceptions and judgements as they did 20 years ago-they have not evolved!
K kell

Williamsport, MD

#12 Sep 8, 2010
Grey Ghost your point is really void in my case.
I'm a housewife in this modern day of age.
I cook, clean, do everything around the house and do
errands for my husband I take great care of him and will even prepare homemade meals and serve him in bed and he loves it that I do, I let him "be a man" whatever that means he's a very happy husband.

However---

He still acts like a child at times, It dosn't bother me though I think it's cute and funny.

I wish your post would answer why he acts like one but I'm sorry to tell you that I don't think this is the issue.
Grey Ghost wrote:
Interesting question Curious and a valid one too, why wouldn't the average male act like a child now and then in today’s society? The previous generations of women were stronger and more pro active in their relationships. They were the corner stone of a family and their roles as mother, housewife, nurse, caretaker, cook, and wife, were done without the attention seeking feminist attitude of today. People say that women are equal and shouldn’t be looked upon for menial tasks such as homemaking and child care. Well that can be said but it is not true. Being a strong woman and not needing to be recognized for it are why the previous generation of women was so amazing. They handled the majority of the thankless work around the home and did it with pride. Men were left to be men. They did not have to worry about their feelings or about offending some pompous, egocentric, non-nurturing woman. He was in charge of providing for his family and that's what his role was. Today, men are forced to appease and condone behavior from women that 30 years ago didn't exist. So when you state a question like why do men act like children the answer is simple. They have had many of the things that historically are thought to be men's priorities taken away and are forced to do things that are not in their DNA. It is a shame to think that there was a time when women, were women. How terrible it is to be a man and know that there is a strong woman at home taking care of things. A woman who takes pride in how she maintains her home and herself, who nurtures and provides support to her husband and children, and asks for nothing in return, unfortunately that is no longer the case. Women seen so focused on becoming equal in success to a man that there are no more strong women role models left, there are very few women who know how to cook and clean. How to dress, or maintain a higher degree of sophistication, I truly feel sorry for the young men of America, they will most likely never know the wonderful life that can be had by sharing it with a woman that likes to be a woman.
Mr Right

Kapolei, HI

#13 Nov 18, 2010
Grey Ghost is right, and it's funny that everyone who doesn't agree with him are female. This question was directed towards men, and yet women feel they know the answer better than a man does! Bluntly stated, you are wrong and Grey Ghost hit the head of the nail dead on! Gender role entanglement has absolutely stripped the "manliness" from men. If it is the case that men can't fullfill the role of being a man, they will inevitably conform to the antics of a boy.
And if you believe that in today's society both men and women have to both scrap for income (work)in order to hold a happy foundation and family, you are wrong. Stay at home women (especially moms) are a powerful, yet diminishing driving force of family structures. Any stay any stay at home mother would tell you that it doesn't take two incomes to be happy. And any MAN will tell you that they enjoy being able to be a man, and not a boy because their wife is fullfilling their shoes. Thanks hun, I didn't know you wore size 13!!
double helix

Waynesboro, VA

#14 Dec 2, 2010
"discussions" like this always intrigue me.(oh gee sorry, should I,a mere woman,have asked for permission to speak first?)ok. couple things.i would absolutely Love for a man to "be a man" and feel loved and powerful but why is that dependent on a woman's treatment of him? if a man is truly a man,then having a woman in his corner and by his side is a priviledge,not some misguided masculine right of passage. we (women) we created to be"sustainers beside you". not your nurturers,your mother had that job.
ArmyBro

Arvin, CA

#15 Dec 6, 2010
Haha this is a funny subject! What the problem is, is that women " these days ", are basically GOLD DIGGERS. They want to hunt for a man with $$ to pay for all their necessities and to not get a job but yet drive a BMW 7 series. What happened to a woman building the foundation of their lives to provide? I'm not into the wait to talk woman attitude, but I'm more into a woman that has goals. I'm more attracted to older women because of that. I'm only 22 I'm in the US Army I have a child and a girlfriend. She acts like everything I say is wrong she never takes my advice and she seems to be using me with her attitudes. Women take you for granted when u have children with them, " like he's not going anywhere ", I don't have to put on make up or really " try ". But when they go out they look all glorious? I don't get it how when another woman compliments you for looking so good in your uniform they take it out of proportion? All I gotta say is women are gold- diggers!!

Since: Oct 09

Baltimore, MD

#16 Dec 9, 2010
now lets ge4t back to the topic, in my opinion women mature much faster in life and knows what they want and need. men we take a little longer making decisions because we tend to think subconsciously than consciously. it kool im a man and believes a woman can wear the pants also too as long as she know when they come off whom the man really is!! lol!!! its call intuition, thats what women has to make sometimes men look and act like little boys!!!!! don't worry men im not throwing us up under the bus, but come you got to admit theres nothin like from a hards day of work from the both of you all and your woman still can handle hers when you all tapped out!!! you know what i mean, when you pull them covers back and see her and say thank god all this is mines, amen!!!!
test

Monomoy Island, MA

#17 Dec 11, 2010
Test
Rob

Monomoy Island, MA

#18 Dec 11, 2010
This is a perfect example of how when a woman accuses a man of something she is far more guilty of it herself. Women cry constantly, whine, throw tantrums, get jealous, act entitled and can't control their emotions. That all sounds pretty childish to me. It amuses me that women shove that pop psychology garbage about getting in touch with our inner child down our throats and then get mad when we do. Really though, we don't act like children at all. Is it really so wrong for a man to seek a little comfort from his woman? Most of us would be more than happy to reciprocate if women would allow themselves to relax and recover. I've never understood why women take such joy in denying themselves comfort. It's always made me feel really good to take care of a sick girlfriend, including laying into uncaring bosses. Yes, we do toughen up around other men. We operate on a pretty strict system of dominance and submission. You haven't picked up on that yet? Spending a little time trying to understand us would get you a lot farther than remaining ignorant and degrading us. Check out Alison Armstrong on YouTube. She does a great job explaining our motivations. Maybe if women and society would stop treating men like children to be taken care of the younger generations of men would stop acting like it. Honestly, you sound like a very frustrated and closeted lesbian hun. In the end women are far more childish than men. Men currently find themselves in the role of the indulgent father allowing women to operate unchecked to teach them a lesson. Like any willful child women will return to us in shame and seeking guidance once they fully comprehend the error of their ways. Studies are already showing that women are far less happy with their new found "freedom" than they were when they were "oppressed". More and more women long to return to the good old days of oppression. These same studies show that men's happiness has continued to climb. Patriarchy is the natural state of humanity. By denying this women only hurt themselves. Women have lost the caring guidance of the father figures men once were to them. Men have shed a burden. A burden we'll dutifully take back, as we have through history, once women understand this painful and needless lesson they so insist on learning for themselves.

Since: Oct 09

Baltimore, MD

#19 Dec 14, 2010
Rob wrote:
This is a perfect example of how when a woman accuses a man of something she is far more guilty of it herself. Women cry constantly, whine, throw tantrums, get jealous, act entitled and can't control their emotions. That all sounds pretty childish to me. It amuses me that women shove that pop psychology garbage about getting in touch with our inner child down our throats and then get mad when we do. Really though, we don't act like children at all. Is it really so wrong for a man to seek a little comfort from his woman? Most of us would be more than happy to reciprocate if women would allow themselves to relax and recover. I've never understood why women take such joy in denying themselves comfort. It's always made me feel really good to take care of a sick girlfriend, including laying into uncaring bosses. Yes, we do toughen up around other men. We operate on a pretty strict system of dominance and submission. You haven't picked up on that yet? Spending a little time trying to understand us would get you a lot farther than remaining ignorant and degrading us. Check out Alison Armstrong on YouTube. She does a great job explaining our motivations. Maybe if women and society would stop treating men like children to be taken care of the younger generations of men would stop acting like it. Honestly, you sound like a very frustrated and closeted lesbian hun. In the end women are far more childish than men. Men currently find themselves in the role of the indulgent father allowing women to operate unchecked to teach them a lesson. Like any willful child women will return to us in shame and seeking guidance once they fully comprehend the error of their ways. Studies are already showing that women are far less happy with their new found "freedom" than they were when they were "oppressed". More and more women long to return to the good old days of oppression. These same studies show that men's happiness has continued to climb. Patriarchy is the natural state of humanity. By denying this women only hurt themselves. Women have lost the caring guidance of the father figures men once were to them. Men have shed a burden. A burden we'll dutifully take back, as we have through history, once women understand this painful and needless lesson they so insist on learning for themselves.
very well said even though i may disagree on some things but if their was vote you have my vote on explaing it very well!!!!
mama3

Stockton, CA

#20 Feb 23, 2011
I think that if men show appreciation than it wouldnt be a problem. Women love to take care of a man as long as they feel appreciated. The work is 50/50, the man wants to feel like the provider fine...but if there is no respect for the woman doing her part then thats where the problem is. Women today dont want to feel like they are nothing before. Its womens nature to take care of their men i believe..but we also want to be repsected.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington, DC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CBS corruption of a news organization 19 min Master Brain 61
President Of The USA. 23 min Master Brain 28
Trump has set US back 50 years 34 min Mr McGoo 53
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 40 min Maria salzora 21,289
John Kelly got it wrong 4 hr Mr McGoo 29
CBS is Fake News 4 hr The team of Donal... 5
MSNBC warns Rachel Maddow: Either apologize for... 4 hr The team of Donal... 1

Washington, DC Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Washington, DC Mortgages