Murder Inside Martial Arts Academy

Murder Inside Martial Arts Academy

There are 66 comments on the WUSA Washington, DC story from Dec 1, 2007, titled Murder Inside Martial Arts Academy. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

CLINTON, Md - A mother of two was killed Saturday afternoon inside her business, the C & A Martial Arts Academy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

BrotherMike

Morenci, AZ

#23 Dec 3, 2007
"The Juan and only" is the voice of evil. Do you recognize him? His sulphuric breath and the twisted words. The venom drips from his (or her) lying racist tongue. He has been on this thread since the beginning, laughing at the evil. He is usually in the shadows just outside of our peripheral vision. And yet, in response to tragedy he comes out acting as if he is our inevitable end. The devil is a liar friends. ALL who follow him will pay eternally. That is an undeniable fact. Juan and only, you are rebuked in the name of Jesus, condemned to your rightful place in hell. I know these are strong words but this evil entity and the gossip queen who follows him deal in the very pain and misery this situation has produced. Eva was a child of the risen Savior,that is a fact that has made this demon come out of the shadows. I will say this, God was glorified in Eva's life. She was here long enough for that! And though this demon would want her death to be a tool of destruction, I am assured through her deeply Christian family and friends, that will not happen. Look at how many in this have come out praying and praising God, despite the horror of this situation, laugh at that! This is the same thing you did until the stone was rolled away and you were left with an empty tomb to try to twist and explain, laugh at that!
EVL

Baltimore, MD

#25 Dec 4, 2007
BrotherMike asked Juan his name and he answered "Legion", for many devils had inhabited him.

Juan, like many posters is just trying to get a rise out of anyone taking his bait. Seems BM was fished in.

Save your servant :)
Haterade

Boyds, MD

#26 Dec 4, 2007
Do you even know these folks Juan or are you just in here getting your joke on?
Colleague of Eva Smith

United States

#28 Dec 4, 2007
The news people dropped the ball on this story. They assumed Eva was just a spouse working at her husband's business, probably because of sexist and racist views. If they had asked a few questions they would have discovered that she was a dedicated AIDs researcher who ironically died on World Aids Day. We mourn her loss and are disgusted with the sensationalistic point of this story and primary focus on the murderer instead of the murdered.
family of Eva Smith

United States

#29 Dec 4, 2007
This is a very sad time for the family of Eva. Some of your comments are done in very poor taste. Just remember when something like this hits close to home, remember how you handled yourself on this blog.
Anita

United States

#30 Dec 4, 2007
Willona Woods wrote:
Here's the deal...
Hubby had a girl on the side. They even had a baby (18 months old too I believe). Poor wife finds out and confronts him. Thinking his extra girl wasnt gonna rat him out, calls his side piece on speaker phone. He tries to lead her into saying the right thing. Like... "tell my wife we arent seeing each other" or something like that. But old girl aint having it. Spills her guts. Tells the wife EVERYTHING. Proud woman as she was (God rest her soul) said Thats all she needed to know and tells hubby shes out and taking the kids with her. Hubby says something to the affect that his whole world is walking out the door and its all the extra girls fault and hangs up the speaker. Well... I guess she never made it out the door.
I am sad for the families. Especially hers. She didnt choose to be cheated on. She died because she was getting herself and her kids away from this man. Her family should be proud of her.
If youre gonna do a murder/suicide.... Start with the suicide!
-Willona Woods (the Rona Barrett of the projects)
AMEN!!!! I will never understand why miserable people always have the unfortunate need to take someone else's life before they take their own. If they want to end their own life and go to hell then go ahead but don't take the innocent with you.

May GOD bless the children that are left parentless and the whole entire family and friends related to this tragedy.
Friend of the Family

Clarksville, MD

#31 Dec 4, 2007
Willona Woods,
DO YOU KNOW THIS VERSION TO BE A FACT OR IS THIS YOUR GUESS?
"Willona Woods" WROTE: Here's the deal...
Hubby had a girl on the side. They even had a baby (18 months old too I believe). Poor wife finds out and confronts him. Thinking his extra girl wasnt gonna rat him out, calls his side piece on speaker phone. He tries to lead her into saying the right thing. Like... "tell my wife we arent seeing each other" or something like that. But old girl aint having it. Spills her guts. Tells the wife EVERYTHING. Proud woman as she was (God rest her soul) said Thats all she needed to know and tells hubby shes out and taking the kids with her. Hubby says something to the affect that his whole world is walking out the door and its all the extra girls fault and hangs up the speaker."

SOME (not all) OF THESE OTHER BLOG COMMENTS ARE QUITE CASUAL IN NATURE. THIS IS NOT SOME DRAMA TO WATCH LIKE A STORY LINE OF A SOAP OPERA. SURELY, THERE ARE MANY QUESTIONS BUT ONE OF THEM FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW - NEED NOT BE ABOUT EVA'S CHARACTER OR HER CAUSING HIM TO SNAP...I.E. THE "BELLY DANCING" COMMENT. THIS IS A TRAGIC LOST TO BOTH FAMILIES THAT IS "SENSELESS"!!!
IT SPEAKS TO THE DANGEROUS GAMES ONE CHOOSES TO PLAY IN RELATIONSHIPS WITH LIES & COVER-UPS! ALL OF US HAVE BEEN THERE, SO, "THERE FOR THE GRACE OF GOD GO I." IT'S HUMBLING! IT HURTS! ITS FINAL! WE'RE STILL TRYING TO DIGEST THAT!!!!
Kenyans

Nairobi, Kenya

#32 Dec 4, 2007
Tonight, from far away Kenya, we shed tears for Eva Purcelle. To us she was angelic, superfine, every bit a superb professional, a graceful human being. Our hearts bleed for her, and those she left behind. She was one, and a great one at that, of a team of dedicated researchers who devoted their time and energy towards the welfare of poverty-stricken, HIV/AIDS-infected people from this part of the world. Tonight, with heavy hearts and low spirits, we pray for God's hand to reach out to Gabby, the rest of the family and Eva's colleagues. We grieve with you all, and we celebrate the remarkable person we saw behind that golden smile...
Neighbor in Clinton MD

Clinton, MD

#33 Dec 4, 2007
Just wanted to send my condolences to the family and friends of Eva and Chris. I live aaround the corner from the Martial Arts Academy and this has rocked the neighborhood quite hard. We love to see one of our own starting their own business and for something like this to happen grieves us to the core. I pray for the children left behind and trust they can eventually learn to cope with this tradegy as they grow. God Bless.
Kaiser Sosei

North Highlands, CA

#34 Dec 4, 2007
There are many good points here and some ignorant ones. The truth is actually within these posts. I started this entire thread by saying these are facts and they are irrefutable. It's not a question of good vs. evil. It's not just a question of character although, it did play a role. Choices were made by everyone involved. Unfortunately, some people made choices without having all the info they may have needed to make good choices. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that NONE of the people involved had enough information to make a good choice.

Every single person reading this entire thread has an opinion. Friends and family are grieving the loss of a loved one. Children are now mourning parents. People are angry and asking why. The real truth is that none of us know how we'll respond if we're faced with losing EVERYTHING. The most dangerous person in the world is someone with nothing to lose. Although we can't understand why, and we can't see ourselves in that position, it doesn't mean that we won't ever be faced with it. This man WAS. He made a choice. Fear and anger helped. He made a mistake, got scared, realized his actions and didn't want to live with his choice.(have any of you wondered who called 911? He did.)

You are all right, it's a terrible tragedy. My heart and prayers go out to EVERYONE that's been touched by this. Several families have been hurt and an entire community will suffer. Stop asking why it happened, the truth is already in these posts. Listen to what else is being said. Pray and follow God. The media knows NOTHING so stop buying into the tabloid headlines. MAJOR parts of this story have been left out. Help these families and children get through this. He will be judged. It's not our job.
OUTRAGED

Washington, DC

#35 Dec 5, 2007
Willona Woods wrote:
Here's the deal...
Hubby had a girl on the side. They even had a baby (18 months old too I believe). Poor wife finds out and confronts him. Thinking his extra girl wasnt gonna rat him out, calls his side piece on speaker phone. He tries to lead her into saying the right thing. Like... "tell my wife we arent seeing each other" or something like that. But old girl aint having it. Spills her guts. Tells the wife EVERYTHING. Proud woman as she was (God rest her soul) said Thats all she needed to know and tells hubby shes out and taking the kids with her. Hubby says something to the affect that his whole world is walking out the door and its all the extra girls fault and hangs up the speaker. Well... I guess she never made it out the door.
I am sad for the families. Especially hers. She didnt choose to be cheated on. She died because she was getting herself and her kids away from this man. Her family should be proud of her.
If youre gonna do a murder/suicide.... Start with the suicide!
-Willona Woods (the Rona Barrett of the projects)
THIS WAS A HORRIBLE THING TO PLACE IN THESE COMMENTS. AND IF THERE IS ANY TRUTH TO IT AND HE WAS KEEPING A SECRET. THIS MEANS THERE IS ANOTHER INNOCENT CHILD THAT WILL NEVER NOW HER FATHER OR POSSIBLE EVEN HIS FAMILY. ALL THESE COMMENTS YOUR MAKING THESE CHILDREN MAY HEAR OR READ SOMEDAY DON'T DO THIS TO THEM. LEAVE THESE FAMILIES ALONE. AND BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY. BECAUSE THE ONES THAT ARE HURTING THE MOST ARE ALL THERE CHILDREN. THEY DONT UNDERSTAND AND BECAUSE THEY ARE TO YOUNG TO UNDERSTAND THEY MAY GET CURIOUS ONE DAY WHEN THEY GET OLDER GO SEARCH AND FIND COMMENTS LIKE THIS IN SOME ARCHIEVED NEWS FILE. THESE FAMILIES MAY WANT TO PROTECT THESE KIDS FROM HEARING THINGS LIKE THIS. AND HERE YOU COME YOUR DUM ASS DONT HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO BUT GOSSIP GET A LIFE. YOU F*CKING IDIOT.
Willona Woods

Waldorf, MD

#36 Dec 5, 2007
OUTRAGED wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS WAS A HORRIBLE THING TO PLACE IN THESE COMMENTS. AND IF THERE IS ANY TRUTH TO IT AND HE WAS KEEPING A SECRET. THIS MEANS THERE IS ANOTHER INNOCENT CHILD THAT WILL NEVER NOW HER FATHER OR POSSIBLE EVEN HIS FAMILY. ALL THESE COMMENTS YOUR MAKING THESE CHILDREN MAY HEAR OR READ SOMEDAY DON'T DO THIS TO THEM. LEAVE THESE FAMILIES ALONE. AND BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY. BECAUSE THE ONES THAT ARE HURTING THE MOST ARE ALL THERE CHILDREN. THEY DONT UNDERSTAND AND BECAUSE THEY ARE TO YOUNG TO UNDERSTAND THEY MAY GET CURIOUS ONE DAY WHEN THEY GET OLDER GO SEARCH AND FIND COMMENTS LIKE THIS IN SOME ARCHIEVED NEWS FILE. THESE FAMILIES MAY WANT TO PROTECT THESE KIDS FROM HEARING THINGS LIKE THIS. AND HERE YOU COME YOUR DUM ASS DONT HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO BUT GOSSIP GET A LIFE. YOU F*CKING IDIOT.
It's funny that of all the negative comments on this thread you are "outraged" at this one. hmmmm Is it because you know that what I posted is the truth? Is it because you have some personal stake in this?

Check this out ... maybe these kids will grow up and want answers. True enough. But would you rather have them know the truth as I wrote it; or have them believe their pops kirked out for no reason and killed someone. You see that poor woman wasnt killed for no reason. It was a selfish act because that man could not stand to see his whole world walk out the door. She was that special a person.

Honestly, I think YOU are the other woman in question and my words hit you in the heart and maybe you dont want YOUR child reading about the damage YOU caused. As far as your colorful use of the english language goes... Im not impressed with "E-thugs".

Because you see... Fighting with someone over the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win; YOU'RE STILL RETARDED.
Mike T

Silver Spring, MD

#37 Dec 5, 2007
When I heard the news I almost drove off the road. Eva was my Classmate at Howard U we use to study togther. I dont ever recall ever seeiing her angry. She was very smart and I knew that she would go far in life. I last saw her at her graduation. It is very heard to type and think about her at the same time. I feel so bad for the children. All this senseless violence. How could a man do that to his wife? Eva We will miss you You are in a better place God Bless

MIKE T
Sol

North Highlands, CA

#38 Dec 6, 2007
Wow! Here we go! I knew that if I waited long enough, I would see it! I hope everyone else that has been following this thread can see it now too!

"Outraged"! Really? On what grounds? I see that being a product of the DC school system hasn't just affected your grammar, spelling and punctuation. Apparently, you can't reason and your ability to keep your mouth shut is completely shot! Willona called you out and you just jumped in with both feet! I've read EVERY post here. Most of these people are sad or angry for the loss of their friend or family member. These are the people that this thread is really supposed to be for. Then there's the world wide web preachers and evangelists with their words of prayer and forgiveness. The Tony Robbins motivational speakers that want you to learn from this tragedy and be better people. The ignorant Juan and Only that just wants to get a rise out of people and practice his stand up routine (which sucks by the way!). Then there are a few others that seem to have at least an idea of what's REALLY going on. Kaiser claims to have "irrefutable" facts. Nunya says "somebody else knows what's up" Of course Willona, has the only comment with any real detail. Sources close to the investigation that wish to remain anonymous? Don't believe the "we don't have a motive" line!

Now, with all these comments coming from everywhere, you "Outraged", picked out the only comment which mentioned specifically another woman being involved. Furthermore; your own words, "THERE IS ANOTHER INNOCENT CHILD THAT WILL NEVER NOW HER FATHER OR POSSIBLE EVEN HIS FAMILY" suggest something that hasn't been mentioned in ANY other comment.

Ummm, you used the pronoun "her" to describe another child.( a pronoun, by the way, is a word used to replace a proper noun in a sentence. In case you forgot from School House Rock, since there apparently weren't any cartoons about contractions, spelling or tense for you to learn from. Also, notice the conjunction junctions? Just trying to help!)

However, I digress. You seem to be a little defensive. The lady doth protest too much, methinks!(Shakespeare. In case you want to mix up some literature with your grammar lesson!) Is everyone following this? It just begs the question, what IS your stake in this, "Outraged"? Is it guilt? Morbid curiosity? Anger that the "secret" wasn't really much of a secret after all? Some people KNOW about it! Maybe not everybody but, somebody did. Questions WILL be asked!

Willona, I'm not an instigator but, I wouldn't take that from Outraged! I realize this isn't exactly your forte` but, you're going to have to answer some tough questions Outraged so, you may want to study first. It doesn't seem like writing is your thing so, you may want to ask for an oral exam and just speak into the mic. Or do you think that NOW is a better time to keep your mouth SHUT?

Willona Woods

Boyds, MD

#39 Dec 6, 2007
And there you have it ladies and gentlemen. The truth of my story confirmed.

You see, Sol, I wasnt trying to put it ALL out there. But as you pointed out, "Outraged" said the child was a "her". Hmmmm

The only thing I disagree with is that this thread is meant for the people actually involved. This thread is meant to comment on a news story. It just so happens that most people are using it to offer condolences or express their opinion on what they THINK happened or post some inside information. lol

Outraged screwed up and let everyone know that what I wrote was the truth. She also confirmed that there is another child this guy had, a girl.

You want to be Outraged? Be outraged that you played an actual part in the murder of an apparently wonderful woman. If I were you (thank God that I'm not) I would SHUT UP and disappear before the Po-Po decide this was a planned thing between this guy and his lover to get rid of the wife. Oh but I bet you didnt think about that. Just because the NEWS says there wasnt a motive doesnt mean the Po-Po doesnt know the motive.

You'll be happy to know that the results of your IQ test were negative.

Willona Woods (the Rona Barrett of the projects)
[email protected]
FY411 WW

Alexandria, VA

#40 Dec 6, 2007
IF ALL HAS BEEN FALLOWING THE STORY IN "ALL THE NEWS" NOT JUST THIS ONE. MANY HAVE STATED & POSTED IN B/W THAT THE 18 MONTH OLD NAME IS GABY. SO FY411 THE CHILD IS A HER. SO I ASK THAT YOU MANY GO ON WITH YOUR LIFE AND LET EVERYONE ELSE LEAVE THERE BLESSINGS TO THE FAMILY WHO LOST THERE LOVED ONE. GOD BLESS EVA SMITH, HER FAMILY, AND MOST OF ALL HER CHILDREN.
Forgiveness is the Key

Washington, DC

#41 Dec 6, 2007
You know I have been monitoring this tread also and you know there are no winners in this situation, nothing but losers. How can a woman get involved with a man that is married and has a family. The other woman is just as much to blame for the way this thing turned out as anyone else. Call it selfishness call it whatever. Her child whether boy or girl loses out because that child's biological father is going to prison.

Jesus said "those who lose their life shall find it" and those who attempt to save their life shall lose it".

This man attempted to save everything he had at any cost and now he has lost his family and his life.

People the Bible is the life. READ IT
Willona Woods

Boyds, MD

#42 Dec 6, 2007
Friend of the Family wrote:
Willona Woods,
DO YOU KNOW THIS VERSION TO BE A FACT OR IS THIS YOUR GUESS?
"Willona Woods" WROTE: Here's the deal...
Hubby had a girl on the side. They even had a baby (18 months old too I believe). Poor wife finds out and confronts him. Thinking his extra girl wasnt gonna rat him out, calls his side piece on speaker phone. He tries to lead her into saying the right thing. Like... "tell my wife we arent seeing each other" or something like that. But old girl aint having it. Spills her guts. Tells the wife EVERYTHING. Proud woman as she was (God rest her soul) said Thats all she needed to know and tells hubby shes out and taking the kids with her. Hubby says something to the affect that his whole world is walking out the door and its all the extra girls fault and hangs up the speaker."
SOME (not all) OF THESE OTHER BLOG COMMENTS ARE QUITE CASUAL IN NATURE. THIS IS NOT SOME DRAMA TO WATCH LIKE A STORY LINE OF A SOAP OPERA. SURELY, THERE ARE MANY QUESTIONS BUT ONE OF THEM FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW - NEED NOT BE ABOUT EVA'S CHARACTER OR HER CAUSING HIM TO SNAP...I.E. THE "BELLY DANCING" COMMENT. THIS IS A TRAGIC LOST TO BOTH FAMILIES THAT IS "SENSELESS"!!!
IT SPEAKS TO THE DANGEROUS GAMES ONE CHOOSES TO PLAY IN RELATIONSHIPS WITH LIES & COVER-UPS! ALL OF US HAVE BEEN THERE, SO, "THERE FOR THE GRACE OF GOD GO I." IT'S HUMBLING! IT HURTS! ITS FINAL! WE'RE STILL TRYING TO DIGEST THAT!!!!
Its a fact. And I hope it answered some questions for Eva's family and friends. At least knowing that she did NOTHING wrong.

Willona Woods

Boyds, MD

#43 Dec 6, 2007
FY411 WW wrote:
IF ALL HAS BEEN FALLOWING THE STORY IN "ALL THE NEWS" NOT JUST THIS ONE. MANY HAVE STATED & POSTED IN B/W THAT THE 18 MONTH OLD NAME IS GABY. SO FY411 THE CHILD IS A HER. SO I ASK THAT YOU MANY GO ON WITH YOUR LIFE AND LET EVERYONE ELSE LEAVE THERE BLESSINGS TO THE FAMILY WHO LOST THERE LOVED ONE. GOD BLESS EVA SMITH, HER FAMILY, AND MOST OF ALL HER CHILDREN.
WRONG!!!!

Look at what Outraged wrote "THERE IS ANOTHER INNOCENT CHILD THAT WILL NEVER NOW HER FATHER" Thats says ANOTHER innocent child. That would make TWO girls!!! Nice try.
Sol

United States

#44 Dec 6, 2007
Don't fall for it Willona! FY411 is "Outraged"! Same writing style, lack of punctuation. Same idiot! Don't try to get the heat off now "Outraged", you are busted! People are getting the REAL picture now! I realize this is a foreign concept for you but, you should really consider KEEPING YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!

Confucius said: "It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Oh, let me translate for the ignorant. KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND PEOPLE WON'T KNOW HOW DUMB YOU ARE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington, DC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 24 min Rose_NoHo 1,251
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr TN Voter 20,083
Media Promotes Bias Free Language But Not Vulga... 13 hr Culture Auditor 1
Second Chance Opens Borders to Benefits for Cri... Sat Culture Auditor 1
News Congress heads off on vacation, putting off mes... Sat Go Blue Forever 1
Mark Mitchell & 3 Co-Sponsors Will Probably Ous... Fri Cris Ericson 1
Hands Up The Truth is That All Lives Matter Inc... Jul 30 Culture Auditor 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Washington, DC Mortgages